permanent total makeover kit ?

shadowes.8426

would a permanent total makeover kit version be good to have or do you think it might (maybe not) hurt sales for arena-net to make money (bank) on it only being a gemstore item only. hair stylist is ok but do a total makeover one in the near future ? any thoughts of this being either a good/bad idea ? i think it would be nice but thats just me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there could be some sort of legendary-type quest to upgrade the permanent hair contract to the permanent total makeover contract. That way, the hair contract would still be in demand, and it would give us a new, tough goal to work for. And people who didn't want to go through all the trouble would still buy the gemstore version.

The current 1 use item sells for 350 gems.Presuming the average account has approx 10-15 characters and you would realistically use this lets say at most once per month per character. Factor a speculated trajectory of 2-3 years of this game being very active and popular.350x15x12x3 = 189,000 gems (max values)350x10x12x2= 84,000 gems (min values)

Reduce value by 20% because you are effectively buying an infinite "pack" of kits.151,200 gems (min values)67,200 gems (min values)

This would be a realistic price for such an item to generate similar income as individual kits if bought directly from gem store.

well thats what happens when something new comes into game, people put asking price right away at high prices, mostly to be trolley (maybe not) and most people would end up paying it anyways and make that person rich in the end. those that get it will sell high yes but will go down if enough do it, example would be that endless extractor. started out high, now sits at 3,800 gold (as i type this) and hopefully it will do for a perm TMK.

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:The current 1 use item sells for 350 gems.Presuming the average account has approx 10-15 characters and you would realistically use this lets say at most once per month per character. Factor a speculated trajectory of 2-3 years of this game being very active and popular.350x15x12x3 = 189,000 gems (max values)350x10x12x2= 84,000 gems (min values)

Reduce value by 20% because you are effectively buying an infinite "pack" of kits.151,200 gems (min values)67,200 gems (min values)

This would be a realistic price for such an item to generate similar income as individual kits if bought directly from gem store.

No, not a realistic price at all.

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:The current 1 use item sells for 350 gems.Presuming the average account has approx 10-15 characters and you would realistically use this lets say at most once per month per character. Factor a speculated trajectory of 2-3 years of this game being very active and popular.350x15x12x3 = 189,000 gems (max values)350x10x12x2= 84,000 gems (min values)

and this is exactly why it would be an unrealistically overpriced item, i would only pay at most 2000gems

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Maybe there could be some sort of legendary-type quest to upgrade the permanent hair contract to the permanent total makeover contract. That way, the hair contract would still be in demand, and it would give us a new, tough goal to work for. And people who didn't want to go through all the trouble would still buy the gemstore version.

this could work too

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Maybe there could be some sort of legendary-type quest to upgrade the permanent hair contract to the permanent total makeover contract. That way, the hair contract would still be in demand, and it would give us a new, tough goal to work for. And people who didn't want to go through all the trouble would still buy the gemstore version.

I'd buy a Home Contract to change my look.. for a good chunk of gems...

I'd never do this idea...

I have 7 characters, all of which have custom "store bought" looks, I have bought 1 makeover kit, and only because it was included in a Identity Repair Kit, which I bought on sale to change the name of one of my characters, and the kit was cheaper then the name change contract by itself at the time.

I get hair kits and makeover kits often enough from BL chests with free Keys that I have never had to pay for one directly.

Selling me this Home Instance Makeover Station.. I'd buy that, and Anet would get my money.

Since I never stopped and said"OMG I need to change my look right now!" it was always more along the lines of "Oh look.. a makeover kit.. humm who to use it on" I would never go though the effort of a legendary journey just to change my appearance, when it would cost me 100 gold for a total make over kit.. I'd just put more thought into my looks and change them less.

I'm surprised this isn't in the game already. I doubt I'd use it, I get too attached to my characters appearance so changing it looks weird. I do have 2 characters who use makeover kit exclusive faces but in both cases I couldn't get the right face for them from the defaults - I previewed the exclusives and it was how I'd always seen the character. I wouldn't change them now.

But I can imagine a lot of people would use it, and whether it was in the gem store or came from Black Lion Chests like the hair kit and then was tradable I suspect it'd make a lot of money for Anet.

Archived