Still no bikini or "speedo"? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Still no bikini or "speedo"?

bara yaoi.3824bara yaoi.3824 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

There still isn't a bikini / "speedo" yet? Honestly, that's very... surprising! This is the first MMO I've encountered to not having something form of a sultry cosmetic outfit.

Virtually every other MMO out there has at least one outfit that is revealing for both female and males, or at least the option to do so without having to sacrifice stats. But in GW2, you HAVE to sacrifice stats. Why?

Why must players that wish to look seductive are required to sacrifice their armor, when there are much more provocative armor skins (especially for females) For males, this isn't the case, as their only method of looking attractive is by stripping. Possibly could introduce an Invisible Chestplate and Invisible Leggings like how there is Invisible Slippers, for those that want to look like this without sacrificing armor.

Anet seems to be quite conservative in armor design, and that leads to a ton of it being the same covering up of skin, especially with those buttcapes. Please, more armor that shows skin for females and males!!! Especially heavy armor.

If anet wanted to be lowkey about it, they could just bring back highly desired items such as the Aviator Glasses and Bunny Ears on the Gem Store on like April Fools Day or something and discretely add a bikini skin for females and a "speedo" skin for males.

I mean, I see no reason why not, as Lord Faren has already worn highly revealing clothing, and lots of players probably would want to buy that red "speedo" and that loincloth.
158px-Lord_Faren_%28Southsun%29.jpg

142px-Swordmaster_Faren.jpg

Kasmeer has also worn a bikini outfit at Southsun.

gw2-southsun-mini-kasmeer.jpg

So... if this already exists in the game... and many players are demanding it... than what's the problem? Why hasn't something of this nature been sold on the Gem Store yet or released in some other form?

<13

Comments

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018

An . . . interesting request. Perhaps instead one could request the option of making armor pieces invisible like available for the helmet?

Some of the underclothes are pretty threadbare.

No longer posting or playing.

• Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018

I've been wanting these for awhile. As for why they aren't in game, there's probably a few reasons.

1: Obscure age restriction issues. Remember, this game isn't just released in the states, it is released abroad. Different states and different nations have different regulations on what can be in their games. I.E. they couldn't have a situation where Taimi is in direct danger because it would change the age rating of the game. In all likelyhood there is some state somewhere that has a bizarre restriction that doesn't make sense, but nonetheless prevents Anet from giving us bikinis.

2: They're paranoid that players are going to make their outfits flesh colored, like how they do know with the magician's leggings.

3: The game developers themselves have adopted this sort of strange idea where they personally don't want their characters wandering around in speedos. Maybe it is different in their mind, for players to make their own characters look that way, maybe they made an exception for Kasmeer because she's half of the lesbian power couple, who knows. In general, people are gigantic balls of contradictory nonsense, and those bizarre age restrictions have to come from somewhere, so who knows.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• I fear that in Tamriel it is to dangerous to go for a swim without full armour. Even Faren needs help with all the visitors he get while he is in minimal armour.

For safe zones I do think it should be an option and when one goes for a dive one can see it has been allowed for. Hope those who looking for this have some success but fear might not be high up the list.

• blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭✭

Last time I checked girls who have no armor have bikinis. And if you want swimwear for guys just take off your armor. Now it’s no speedo but it is boxers or swim trunks.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

As blambidy mentioned above, if I want to swin, I put off my stuff and take a dip in the ocean just wearing my Asura stock boxershort. You know, the dark blue one with the carrots on it. (Man, I'd buy those IRL!)

Excelsior.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Those are actually in-game already, being worn by the Southsun Kas/Faren minis. Minis are just downsized regular models so if they wanted they could release them as outfits.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kasmeer only wore that bikini at the beach, in a non-combat situation. (And actually if you go to that beach your character is automatically stripped down to their underwear.) Farens speeddo has appeared in more situations, but apart from when he was being an idiot in the jungle it was always out of combat (usually when he'd been kidnapped and forcibly stripped).

And if you're not in combat you have the same option - take your armour off and walk around in your underwear. Admittedly those massive blue boxer shorts male humans get aren't exactly attractive, but it's certainly revealing.

I have actually asked for more revealing options for male characters before (especially in light armour), but I feel like the new PoF armour sets are doing a good job for what I wanted - which is showing off norn tattoos, sylvari glow and charr fur patterns so bare arms and shorts is enough, the option to have most of your chest showing too is a nice addition. I don't think I'd want any of my characters (male or female) literally running around in their underwear. My sylvari elementalist comes close (she doesn't "get" clothes, magic is much more efficient for controlling your temperature and keeping you safe) but even she wants some decoration.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Kitty.6219Kitty.6219 Member ✭✭✭

Agreed with OP, we got party dresses, flimsy cloths, outfits that are wedding suits, I would love to have different models of underwear/swimsuits!!!

• OP can you explicitly state the reasons you want this or find this desirable?

edited February 1, 2018

Disturbing. But, again, asked for ANet to offer a hide X piece of armor and there you go.

Edit: Just to be clear, the above video is disturbing. Characters can run around in wedding dresses for all I care.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still wouldn't mind a Beachcomber outfit of some kind. :sunglasses:

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• This is a game for 12+ bikinies is not allowed

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't see absolutely any reason to ban swimsuits from the game.
    You can limit them to safe zones or close-to-water zones if you want (although I don't see the point either) but not having them is pure nonsense.
    IMO swimsuits are desirable because they would offer income for Anet, an useful new look for rp, and alternatives to bare underwear for anyone that want to look summerlike. I don't see myself using them so much... but for the diving points my main char would truly prefer a decent swimsuit instead of pink underoos.

• Tasida.4085Tasida.4085 Member ✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:
    I fear that in Tamriel it is to dangerous to go for a swim without full armour. Even Faren needs help with all the visitors he get while he is in minimal armour.

For safe zones I do think it should be an option and when one goes for a dive one can see it has been allowed for. Hope those who looking for this have some success but fear might not be high up the list.

Errm .. I think you might be confusing GW2 with one its competitors there.... can't remember travelling to Tamriel from Lions Arch... could be kinda cool tho :)

As for wanting to see the game covered in scantily clad pixels.. maybe folks just need to go rent a video and take the evening off gaming.

LOL brilliant!

(NOBL) rocking GW's since 2005, still rocking Sorrow's Furnace :P

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I stand ready to spend hundreds

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, like this idea if it comes to fruition won't be abused.

I vote no.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll vote yes, but for a while if it were in game there would be a lot of people walking around in bikinis...A LOT....lol

Some things passed off as objectification are really just neo - puritan's trying to force their life views on others.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@reikken.4961 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@bara yaoi.3824 said:
    Why must players that wish to look seductive are required to sacrifice their armor,

Because this isn't a JRPG.

female human light armor disagrees

Yeah, I know. I see plenty of them running around.
    I only play Charr, we pretty much have nothing like that -- which is a little ironic as even without clothes they're still covered with fur.
    It'd be neat to be able to see more of the Charr fur patterns.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Kovu.7560 said:

Yeah, I know. I see plenty of them running around.
    I only play Charr, we pretty much have nothing like that -- which is a little ironic as even without clothes they're still covered with fur.
    It'd be neat to be able to see more of the Charr fur patterns.

~ Kovu

I agree
    and ditto for asura

but alas. no such options exist. I personally wouldn't use a bikini/speedo, but more options in general would be nice
    this is the only time I have ever seen what my character's skin looks like:

edited February 1, 2018

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:
    Why do people have a problem with what other people wear? I wouldn't mind if a swimsuit got implemented and I don't care if other people use it. It's not disturbing or weird, it's just a swimsuit. Get over it.

The video was disturbing, not anyone's choice of outfit, silly. Your character can run around in a loincloth for all I care. Lord Faren might not like you elbowing in on his market though. ;)

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want to have my human male be shirtless without having to actually remove his shirt.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 20k AP

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    "I ware Speedos"

So much heavy armor's on that video... if this was a asian game that would be a party of tanks..

Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vanakin.9162 said:
    I like that idea! Technicolor underwear would be much nicer than the underwear we can zerg in at the moment. Why is there no dye channel for underwear, even during character creation?

Maybe it could be set to match our accessory color? :3

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:
    While I don't mind revealing clothes I wouldn't want to see people running around in Speedos and Bikinis. There's a difference between a sorcerer who doesn't need armor and thus wears comfortable (sometimes revealing) clothes and someone who runs around in his underwear. One is just beeing practical and the other is beeing ridiculous.
    I mean, if we'd actually get Bikinis and speedos in the game, what would be the next step? Bandaids to cover certain places for females and a tiny traffic cone for males?

Yes

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't happen, Anet doesn't want everyone upstaging Lord Faren, so there won't be speedo's for male characters...and I guess the same can be said for females, Kasmeer has that covered...though you do get a bikini when in a certain part of Southsun, and when using diving goggles.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2018

Devs have more important thing to consider.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zeivu.3615 said:
    Our toons are essential Barbie dolls. It's not like Arenanet are putting kitten and genitals under that underwear. If your 5 year old is fine with a naked doll, your teen will be fine with underwear and swimsuits.

My partner calls this game "Digital Barbie"...

• Lambent.6375Lambent.6375 Member ✭✭✭

They can add them, and charge around 4k gems.

Just say due to the nature of the item, they would like to restrict the amount of people wearing them in game.

@FOX.3582 said:
    A freaking chair. Woah. I personally can't wait to buy a gem store CHAIR, so all my characters can SIT around in Tyria while other players see me, SITTING there, looking like a [email protected] ...

• Zeivu.3615Zeivu.3615 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Zeivu.3615 said:
    Our toons are essential Barbie dolls. It's not like Arenanet are putting kitten and genitals under that underwear. If your 5 year old is fine with a naked doll, your teen will be fine with underwear and swimsuits.

My partner calls this game "Digital Barbie"...

Well, it is often referred to as "Fashion Wars" for a reason. :p

• Yamazuki.6073Yamazuki.6073 Member ✭✭✭

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    This is a game for 12+ bikinies is not allowed

The Teen rating is 13+, and allows the use of full on suggestive themes if you want to consider a Bikini "suggestive", they're even allowed in E10+ to some degree. Wearing a bikini isn't the same as being nude and doing things, which is when it becomes Mature or Adults Only.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:
    Devs have more important thing to consider.

Yeah, but gem store items are usually made by interns.

• Look, it's not an issue of swimsuits being too revealing. It isn't a case of it being inappropriate. It's a case of, "does this make sense for the game?". And speaking in terms of how characters should look, then the answer to that question is no.

I personally believe in limiting the creative choices of players. I don't want to be rude, but frankly, many of you make truly terrible fashion decisions. This is already a huge problem with inappropriate style items in game. Things like pretty much any given SAB skin. Things like the Starbound griffon. Tacky garbage which hurts the theme and style of the world and only makes it feel more "game-y". Honestly those things are actually worse than swimsuits.

But any tool that will allow players to make ugly, immersion breaking characters gets a no from me.