Please Don't Nerf Us in PvE!

Cranky wo Coffee.5914

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:Anet Please don't nerf Necromancer PvE because of all the sPvP and WvW complaints/issues. Please.

They probably buff necro power weapon and nerf boon corruption, and probably reduce duration for cripple condi on scourge skills.

What we really need is dagger rework so necro using dagger doesnt look like they're RP as a thief. And meaningful staff skill since staff now feels like a huge crayon rather than a mage weapon.

@intox.6347 said:

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:Anet Please don't nerf Necromancer PvE because of all the sPvP and WvW complaints/issues. Please.

Yeah you feel it in the air. Hope they think about it in each gamemode differently...

U know ur talking bout anet here :lol:

Lets make some bets:

1. Ele gets buffed
  2. Guardian gets buffed
  3. Mesmer gets buffed
  4. Necro gets nerfed from bad to worst in pve, so it does okayish dmg in wvw, and is even there useless. And they dont thouch any of the necro issues
  5. Maybe another axe buff for warrior, so maybe serker warrior gets viable in raids

@Nimon.7840 said:

Yeah you feel it in the air. Hope they think about it in each gamemode differently...

yop, sad true... but what they write about this upcoming balance, that they will focus more on split between gamemodes :D

@intox.6347 said:

yop, sad true... but what they write about this upcoming balance, that they will focus more on split between gamemodes :D

But they will first nerf necro, then split a little bit, then nerf even further. So we are affected in pve as well.

I would really like to see some rewarding system for necro, that rewards not spamming f-abilities.

Or just one suggestion, put an icd per corrupted boon on the boon corrupt trait. So that it adds up. Removing 2 boons will result in 2 seconds icd. Removing 10 boons in 10 seconds icd

@Nimon.7840 said:

But they will first nerf necro, then split a little bit, then nerf even further. So we are affected in pve as well.

I would really like to see some rewarding system for necro, that rewards not spamming f-abilities.

Or just one suggestion, put an icd per corrupted boon on the boon corrupt trait. So that it adds up. Removing 2 boons will result in 2 seconds icd. Removing 10 boons in 10 seconds icd

Yeah i always liked necro .. and it have same status for whole time... looser in pve, normal in pvp ,just scourge now get op status, and it was always nice in wvw group play, but scourge now gets better status, easy and effective. I change some things too... On F abilities icd on each use , to stop piano bombs. I also change my scourge to full cele (with stars sigil) and with blood magic and playing it more like support .... its more fun to play it like that :) timed barriers also save some ppl :) So hope they will not touch barriers..

Let's make stupid guesses instead:

Anet said they are excited about mesmer, a change on confusion and boon corruption... Hear me... Confusion will no loner stack in intensity but in duration.

Confusion: Confused character that should receive a boon now receive a condition instead. ICD 1 second.

Due to confusion change mesmer now have a new trait that apply a random damaging condition whenever they apply confusion. ICD 1 second.Mesmer axe now apply bleed.

@Pansoul.9436 said:

They probably buff necro power weapon and nerf boon corruption, and probably reduce duration for cripple condi on scourge skills.

What we really need is dagger rework so necro using dagger doesnt look like they're RP as a thief. And meaningful staff skill since staff now feels like a huge crayon rather than a mage weapon.

I wouldn't hold your breathe on any of that... needed since launch basically... lots of issues very little substance in response or work being done regardless of what keys they jingle to try and get you to look away from the wreck.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@"UnDeadFun.5824" said:Anet Please don't nerf Necromancer PvE because of all the sPvP and WvW complaints/issues. Please.

haha you must be new here

If you are new to the game, better change your mainclass to something else. If you want to be good to go, build yourself a ele, mesmer or guardian (but wait for the balance patch)

Necro has never been strong over a long period of time. Just short times, then anet realized, "oh that was intended to be a nerf, but it backfired. So lets nerf even harder"

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@"UnDeadFun.5824" said:Anet Please don't nerf Necromancer PvE because of all the sPvP and WvW complaints/issues. Please.

haha you must be new here

Just on my love, hate, disappointment, hope, love, hate rollercoaster. I feel like the victim of domestic violence in the honeymoon phase, "it will be better this time".

@Yannir.4132 said:I hope they remove the Cripple from Scourge corrupts, and make it another stack of Torment instead, and give Unending Corruption a 10 s ICD in PvP and WvW only. There you go, Scourge is now balanced and deals more damage in PvE.

Nope... there is a need for boons to corrupt in PvE if you want such a change to make scourge deal more damage in this game mode. With this change scourge just deal more damage in PvP/WvW which would just make PvPer rant about anet buffing OP scourge and curse about balance aimed at PvE.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:I hope they remove the Cripple from Scourge corrupts, and make it another stack of Torment instead, and give Unending Corruption a 10 s ICD in PvP and WvW only. There you go, Scourge is now balanced and deals more damage in PvE.

Nope... there is a need for boons to corrupt in PvE if you want such a change to make scourge deal more damage in this game mode. With this change scourge just deal more damage in PvP/WvW which would just make PvPer rant about anet buffing OP scourge and curse about balance aimed at PvE.

That's why I said in PvP and WvW only... And 2 stacks of Torment cleanses much more easily than 1 Torment and 1 Cripple. 50% more easily I'd say. And without Cripple you can actually escape that field of yellow garbage.

Currently Scourge corrupts boons every time he presses an F skill, if Unending Corruption had an ICD of 10 secs, he could only corrupt every 10 seconds resulting in less boons corrupted = less damage in PvP. Your comment makes no sense.

Another prediction!

Might now corrupts into vulnerability, as do all other boons.

Boon corruption skills are now properly classified and include self-inflicted conditions. Master of Corruption has been extended to cover the additional skills.

Confusion's bonus damage on skill use has been removed. Each skill use while under the effect of confusion will now proc one condition, in this order: chill (5 sec), burning (2 sec), torment (4 sec), fear (2 sec), taunt (1 sec), launch. Additional skill use repeats this sequence. Confusion is not transferable. Internal cool down is 0.2 sec.

Unending Corruption has been renamed Ending Corruption. When downed, Manifest Sand Shade corrupts boons on foes near it.

@Yannir.4132 said:

That's why I said in PvP and WvW only... And 2 stacks of Torment cleanses much more easily than 1 Torment and 1 Cripple. 50% more easily I'd say. And without Cripple you can actually escape that field of yellow garbage.

Currently Scourge corrupts boons every time he presses an F skill, if Unending Corruption had an ICD of 10 secs, he could only corrupt every 10 seconds resulting in less boons corrupted = less damage in PvP. Your comment makes no sense.

You said:

There you go, Scourge is now balanced and deals more damage in PvE.

Read yourself, it's not my comment that make no sense.

As for my comment about how PvPers would react, whatever you do they will say those words especially if the balance seem to give more damage to the scourge. As for unending corruption, it does a standard corruption on a single boon. It's not that great of a trait, with a 10s ICD it's a waste of a trait.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

You said:

There you go, Scourge is now balanced and deals more damage in PvE.

Read yourself, it's not my comment that make no sense.

As for my comment about how PvPers would react, whatever you do they will say those words especially if the balance seem to give more damage to the scourge. As for
unending corruption
, it does a standard corruption on a single boon. It's not that great of a trait, with a 10s ICD it's a waste of a trait.

Ah, I think I see the miscommunication and the mistake here. Let's fix that sentence: "There you go, Scourge is now balanced in PvP/WvW."

But it's pretty obvious you don't play the competitive game modes, as the other trait picks in the Master tier would appeal more to a PvE player. However, Unending Corruption is the one trait that makes Scourge such a nasty class to play against. Scourges with Sadistic Searing are easy kills. Have yet to see a Scourge with Desert Empowerment though.That corruption procs every time a scourge pushes an F skill. Those F skills are instant cast, so they can be used while CC'ed, etc. Scourge is usually played with Curses, and with that comes Path of Corruption which is another 2 boons corrupted on F2. Those together mean Scourge can corrupt 7 boons in a few seconds by spamming all his F skills. More by re-positioning the shade with F1.

But maybe you are right in the fact that 10 secs is a bit excessive, maybe more like 5 or 6 then?The other option for them is to fix the other F skills to technically use something else than Manifest Sand Shade, separating the Master tier traits into F1 only. As currently all F skills count as a Manifest Sand Shade.

Well I do agree with you, it's a miscommunication. Honestly, I think the issue is more the imbalance of the F skill than anything. There is way to much loaded on them and they are way to "easy" to use. Instant, short cool down, multi effect stacking, impossible to interrupt... A nonsense.

And to correct you I just don't play scourge, I couldn't bring myself to buy PoF even from a PvE standpoint when they gave us the e-spec preview I just said to myself: Let's pass on this crap. So I'm still on reaper... suffering hell ;) .

It won't be a PvE nerf. But PvP should be interesting. Alacrity is becoming a boon and replacing resistance on the conversion table. I don't know what the values would be. But alacrity is already more harmful than resistance to a power reaper. A 100% reduction in potency to condis is better than a 38% reduction to chill that without chill gives them cooldown reductions on all their abilities.

Executioner's Scythe into Soul Spiral should be interesting against Guardians now.

Archived