what's churning earth and why did it crit me for over 8000 damage ?

Anthony.7260

@"Anthony.7260" said:https://imgur.com/a/rANrq

i am playing a roaming drunk engineer and was harassing a black gate zerg tail. I was fighting 3 guys and i used my healing elixir and even with the heal i dropped from half orb to down state.

Why is this possible ?

Churning earth is an Ele offhand dagger skill which has been around since core. It's cast time is long (2 seconds I believe)

If you are maurauders with zerker back, you are lucky it only hit you for 8k.

Engineer complaining over a full zerker build ele? I've seen much but this is special. I got hit from a holosmith for around 18k from stealth today. So, I find it a bit weird, when you complain to be hit from a most likely full zerker elementalist (which dies in two autohits from almost everything) which casted a skill that enforces him to stand still for 2 seconds.

@shagwell.1349 said:Engineer complaining over a full zerker build ele? I've seen much but this is special. I got hit from a holosmith for around 18k from stealth today. So, I find it a bit weird, when you complain to be hit from a most likely full zerker elementalist (which dies in two autohits from almost everything) which casted a skill that enforces him to stand still for 2 seconds.

Whoa, chill out. Give the guy a break he's only rank 83, he probably hasn't seen a lot of the absurd numbers people can get in WvW yet.

@shagwell.1349 said:Engineer complaining over a full zerker build ele? I've seen much but this is special. I got hit from a holosmith for around 18k from stealth today. So, I find it a bit weird, when you complain to be hit from a most likely full zerker elementalist (which dies in two autohits from almost everything) which casted a skill that enforces him to stand still for 2 seconds.

if the elementalist was fullzerker, it would be more then 8k.

@Turk.5460 said:

Whoa, chill out. Give the guy a break he's only rank 83, he probably hasn't seen a lot of the absurd numbers people can get in WvW yet.

ikr

If he was more experienced he would have known. Its a simple new WvW'er question...not a penile so stop taking it hard :p

@"Anthony.7260" said:https://imgur.com/a/rANrq

i am playing a roaming drunk engineer and was harassing a black gate zerg tail. I was fighting 3 guys and i used my healing elixir and even with the heal i dropped from half orb to down state.

Why is this possible ?

was playing a minstrel chrono when got hit with 16k.https://imgur.com/a/U00wt

@Turk.5460 said:

hehe, ya and just wait until he comes across my Marauder Soulbeast... oooo ... I've recorded 19k hits on this baby... and it's NOT what you would consider full zerk.. more like full zerk plus lots of health... if you stumble you die... then again, I'm not young so I usually stumble and die but when the combo is right.. BAM! anyway, I digress... bottom line is as has been said above... the person is new, give him a break ... then send him to me. ;)

Normal engi isnt good enough for current meta. Holosmith is just upgrade in every way. Check metabattle.com engineer PvP builds for possible builds to start with. Testing enemy classes in PvP helps also.

You are missing the ELITE Specialization so it isn't a surprise you feel pretty weak...

Anyways there are some super good foods, super good runes/sigils and gear stats etc... It takes a while to get used to it :)

Of all the things to complain about... you choose one of the most telegraphed and inferior abilities in the game lol.

I can name at least 30 different abilities that can do over 8k damage upfront in wvw while also being 200x easier to land, with no channels, lower cooldown and sometimes even ranged!

Let's start:

• Eviscerate
  • Plasma Beam
  • True Shot
  • Death's Judgment
  • Backstab
  • Phoenix
  • Dragon's Tooth
  • Maul
  • Test of Faith
  • Dragon's Maw
  • Holo Leap