Convert Consumable Skins to Transmutation Charges?

Mez.4216

I'm probably not the only person who does this, but whenever I get an Account Bound Consumable skin that I don't immediately want to use I often store it in my bank for later. This has always kind of annoyed me though because I don't necessarily need the Consumable due to the abundance of Transmutation Charges I can get just from playing the game i.e. Reward Tracks.

So my question is: Would it be viable to be able to convert the Unlocked Account Bound Consumable Skin into a Transmutation Charge, rather than having to store it for later use and take up bank space?

@KalasDelRio.8921 said:I'm probably not the only person who does this, but whenever I get an Account Bound Consumable skin that I don't immediately want to use I often store it in my bank for later. This has always kind of annoyed me though because I don't necessarily need the Consumable due to the abundance of Transmutation Charges I can get just from playing the game i.e. Reward Tracks.

So my question is: Would it be viable to be able to convert the Unlocked Account Bound Consumable Skin into a Transmutation Charge, rather than having to store it for later use and take up bank space?

I would like this.

I and others have been begging for this for a long time. Given assurances that ANet does read the forums, they must be aware of the request. I do wish they'd say something about it. Could be "we like the idea and it's just a matter of finding spare time, no promises as to when or ever but it's on the table." Could be "maybe, we have to do more cost analyses and persuade marketing we won't take a cash loss." Could be "we will never do this due to technical (or financial) concerns."

Just something to say they've noticed that people want this and have, however briefly, considered the idea.

It's a cool idea and fair... but I don't expect to see it implemented. Accordingly, I've stopped storing skins. If I don't have an immediate (or near-term) use, then "store in wardrobe" it is.

I think most people who don't wardrobe the consumables fall into two categories: (1) they change looks often without having a good source for xmute charges and/or (2) they have a more fundamental issue with hoarding. The first group is the target audience for the xmute charges sold in the gem shop, so at best, ANet's got to be torn about whether to remove some of the incentive for spending. And the second group, well, obviously this suggestion can't hurt, but from experience working with people with cluttered inventories, it's not going to help for long either.

Archived