World Restructuring - Page 47 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

World Restructuring

1414243444547>

Comments

  • Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭

    Likely the right move especially for people who represent different guilds. I love my PvE guild and hated their choice / reasoning for jumping servers in WvW so i joined a guild specific for WvW and choosing would suck. You want to fix WvW try monitoring behavior and trends first, so many issues; cross server spies who pull ewp, servers that team up, mount mastery cost etc.

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2019

    Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & come at a cost.

    I think it would be easier & more straight forward if they did this instead of Alliances:

    1) Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for World Ranking.
    2) Assign each World server a "single map" to defend - (Single BL or a Single unit of Multiple maps owned by the same server).
    3) Let players pick any three "server owned maps" to fight on weekly.
    4) During the week show players the top three enemies attacking their "home owned maps".
    5) Finally only reward players when they fight on a map or an enemy map that is "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their home map.

    Simple mechanics is the best way to go...

    Simple mechanics like this will allow us to have a never ending cycle of healthy competition between ALL servers...(not just a few)...in the long term.

    Healthy competition can be thought of as two sides of a coin...
    1) Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top.
    2) What goes up...must come down.

    We need a simple & straight forward solution...imho

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

  • Limodriver.4106Limodriver.4106 Member ✭✭✭

    screw alliance just do it like Daoc, Relics and Minotaur Relics U think ppl are going let enemies steal their precious magic find relic and extra gold relic?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    reset servers monthly =) cull the away

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Rod.6581Rod.6581 Member ✭✭

    @LetoII.3782 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:
    When was the last update on this?

    You're reading it
    Lol

    That is sad. :(

    I was hoping they maybe mention it somewhere else (reddit, twitter, fb, twitch or smth).

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    so many impatient and negative ppl.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • acdspydar.8920acdspydar.8920 Member ✭✭
    edited June 23, 2019

    @Rod.6581 said:
    I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

    There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

    For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

    That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

    this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

  • szshou.2193szshou.2193 Member ✭✭

    @acdspydar.8920 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:
    I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

    There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

    For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

    That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

    this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

    There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

  • @szshou.2193 said:

    @acdspydar.8920 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:
    I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

    There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

    For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

    That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

    this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

    There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

    I remember that, we were like "wayment..."

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

    is this feature live now?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Rod.6581Rod.6581 Member ✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

    it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Rod.6581Rod.6581 Member ✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

    it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

    Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

    it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

    Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

    lesser servers to host? yes.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Rod.6581Rod.6581 Member ✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Rod.6581 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

    Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

    it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

    Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

    lesser servers to host? yes.

    At this point I doubt that. But! I hope some miracle do happen and you are correct so we end up with no skill lag. :)

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Knighthonor.4061 said:
    is this feature live now?

    must return here in 2030;.

    "It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

  • Daxia.1425Daxia.1425 Member ✭✭

    Wauw, it's already been 18 months? Would be nice to hear an update from Anet.

  • Frye.4608Frye.4608 Member ✭✭

    Way to string people along for a few years. Very clever. And profitable.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Daxia.1425 said:
    Wauw, it's already been 18 months? Would be nice to hear an update from Anet.

    @Frye.4608 said:
    Way to string people along for a few years. Very clever. And profitable.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

    Two updates in that time. And it’s been 18 months.

    Now that being said, it may be years or never before it happens.

    Just trying to keep the discourse factual.

  • Rod.6581Rod.6581 Member ✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193

    Did you intend to put 2 different links? Or mistakenly pasted two times?

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rod.6581 said:
    @Strider Pj.2193

    Did you intend to put 2 different links? Or mistakenly pasted two times?

    Good catch. I meant two different links.

    The second one (which is update 1) is this:

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1

    And the second update was this:

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2

  • @SugarCayne.3098 said:

    @GentlemanAce.1957 said:

    @SugarCayne.3098 said:
    Sorry this is terrible. You are catering to guilds and ignoring your larger playerbase.

    This is not a smart business model.

    You do realize you're playing a game called Guild Wars 2, not I play alone but still want to play with specific people wars 2 right?

    You do know the lore behind the name, right? It’s not what you think.

    If you knew the lore, then you would know that the last guild war ended in in gw1 before the searing.

  • what was the name of that shooter, announced over a decade, though never released ?

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Asuhrion.9738 said:
    what was the name of that shooter, announced over a decade, though never released ?

    I think it was called wvw alliances. Though it could have been Duke Nukem Forever, Half-Life ep3 or any of dozens of other projects. It's just the nature of things. Some things get planned and never pan out. It happens. I'm not sure we can say that it has happened here yet though . . .

    But as long as we're talking about it, what happened with those skyscale rift cheeves . . ?

  • Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

    Is this still on the table?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    i hope so.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.