World Restructuring - Page 50 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Restructuring

Comments

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

are these even the official forums? since it is kinda interesting how spare feedback to Wvw happens. this thread here is probably one of the bigger across the non-pve forums.

neverforget #alliances #wvw #update #gw2

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    also hard cutting down the amount of random NPCs small monsters would be really sweet.

Or just setting them to neutral, which should have been done years ago because "enemy" ambient creatures never made any sense in WvW.

You got to appreciate the lengths Anet go to in order to avoid touching WvW with even the simplest of things. Or not actually using the things they themselves implement, such as updating EWP to have the drizzlewood parachute drop (which btw is something we suggested years ago to solve the ewp stack bomb). Just spawn an airship, move the ewp up into the air and paradrop us.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Redponey.8352Redponey.8352 Member ✭✭✭

If World restructuring is coming with the new exp as WvW Content, It'll be a shame from Anet. it means only restructuring as content and nothing more for 1 more decade.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

fake news
    remove servers, make instances, auto balance as new players join
    want to play with friends? make party then queue together

• this is a meme that alliances hasnt came out yet.... come on anet

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@avey.4201 said:
    fake news
    remove servers, make instances, auto balance as new players join

Hey.. You can do that in EoTM! Enjoy!

want to play with friends? make party then queue together

Yes, because a 15-20 man group will get in together. 🧐

Thank You for the {MEME}

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

Go to the top one more time!

Rise the post!!!

• It's just a "forum" change... Maybe in GW3 will come

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like how PR mouthpieces that have nothing to do with alliances keep mentioning them, passing the stinky hot potato back to the devs who wish it'd just go away xD

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Keeping this thread alive is soo important these days !!

Not now, not ever!

And remember to clean your hands.

🌝

@vier.1327 said:
    Not now, not ever!

🌝

If you clean your hands you're never going to get alliances. It only implements by touch.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@vier.1327 said:
    Not now, not ever!

🌝

If you clean your hands you're never going to get alliances. It only implements by touch.

We're never getting them...period. Alliances fix nothing about wvw. All it would have done is change the name of where you are playing. That said, the server hopping bandwagon blob pays to stack every 8 weeks. Some people pay to avoid them. This comes down to revenue. The only money they make from wvw is the door-fighting, bandwagon blob transfer, so it's never going to happen.

Please stop necro'ing this thread.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

edited June 20, 2020

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@vier.1327 said:
    Not now, not ever!

🌝

We're never getting them...period. Alliances fix nothing about wvw. All it would have done is change the name of where you are playing. That said, the server hopping bandwagon blob pays to stack every 8 weeks. Some people pay to avoid them. This comes down to revenue. The only money they make from wvw is the door-fighting, bandwagon blob transfer, so it's never going to happen.

Well, we wouldn’t want to start a new thread every month, and the search function brings us right here. And..

It would appear that it too many weeks go by without someone’s comments.

That makes the thread relevant, alive and not necro’d

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@vier.1327 said:
    Not now, not ever!

🌝

Well, we wouldn’t want to start a new thread every month, and the search function brings us right here. And..

It would appear that it too many weeks go by without someone’s comments.

That makes the thread relevant, alive and not necro’d

Or would you prefer to have a 700th “Having to Do WvW for my GoB is nOt fAIr!!!” Thread?

Thank You for the {MEME}

I mean, right now, the Alliances are just a meme, let's enjoy

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@vier.1327 said:
    Not now, not ever!

🌝

>

You can not stop the Lick King!

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@vier.1327 said:
    You can not stop the Lich King!

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@vier.1327 said:
    You can not stop the Lich King!

Fake news.

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

• Victor.4398Victor.4398 Member
    edited June 25, 2020

Oh hey, it's your boy 2020.
    Aka 2.5 years since this post was created. Where the f*** is the WvW rework?
    The lack of response or feedback from ANET is just ridiculous, and one of the main reasons this game doesn't succeed.

edited June 25, 2020

I do not know how to insert photos.... But I assure you the meme is funny.

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2020

@vier.1327 said:
    I do not know how to insert photos.... But I assure you the meme is funny.

I want to see this meme @[email protected]
    Upload your photo to imgur: https://imgur.com/
    Then once it's uploaded, right click it and click on copy image address. Once you've done that, go to the gw2 forum comment and in the image option at the top of the editor bar, paste the image address into the search bar

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

edited June 26, 2020

It did not.

I might suggest finding someone’s post that has done it successfully, quoting it to see how they accomplished it. It’s how I figured out how to mess up correctly do strike throughs on the forum.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• just remember... it was ... 4 years ago. and the problem was already 3 years old ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=100&v=ezVy-zLUq6g&feature=emb_logo

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:
    I like how PR mouthpieces that have nothing to do with alliances keep mentioning them, passing the stinky hot potato back to the devs who wish it'd just go away xD

2,5 year old stinky potato? Oh, the fragrance must be strong in this one xD

But hey, we WvW-ers are the stubborn folks, as long as there are still alive at least two WvW players, hope for alliances shall never die! (imho 1 player cannot make an alliance, alliance implies teamwork and afaik if I do my math correctly, at least two ppl are needed to form a team)

@Ubi.4136 said:

Never mess up with necromancers, they are dangerous things/folks/creatures/whatever ... they can curse you, they can bring dead things back to life, and do even more unnatural thingies. Some of the powerfull ones can turn themselves even into a Lich King. Stay away from them!
    (ingame necro main here :3 , btw thread necromancy means bringing back a year old forgotten post back to the first forum page, which is not this case. This thread is cnstantly on the first forum page for basically entire 2,5 years since alliances were announced. Anyway, even if this would actually be thread necromancy, it would be still a better option than the 538th thread "Where are alliances ArenaNet promised January 2018 ?!?!@#$%^&!!1111!!!!111111!! " , wouldn't you think?

Anyway, the single fact that this thread is basically constantly on the first forum page for entire 2,5 years is a clear sign that WvW community WANT alliances in the game. At leat the part of the community who still visits this official forum even when all of them clearly know that official ANet ppl does not activelly discussing anything at all with WvW playerbase.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2020

I can't get it to work either

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

edited June 26, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

I can't get it to work either

Because its a gallery link, not the jpg. Ignoring remembering the actual code, my advice is always upload->share links->copy bottom right->paste on forum->cut out the http...jpg->paste in the forum image function.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had to laugh at the necroing this thread comment. Really??? lol

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

edited July 2, 2020

Trying this myself, because it didnt worked for me too...

Oh, well ... after 10th edit i finally found the correct format : D Have to manually re-edited almost entire image link, because that img-url dialogue window simply does not work for me at all.
    So for future reference, the corect format is this:
    ![](https://i.imgur.com/eX6VtBi.jpg
    with - "")- added after it minus the "-" symbol (dont forget the space between .jpg and first ") (img link ending like here tBi.jpg "") )

Some helpful things for future reference, maybe even for other players:

Heading

Sub-heading

Sub-sub-heading

italic
    bold
    monospace
    strikethrough
    Hypertext Pop-up window (or whatever this thing is called) (hower over that text with mouse, it show pop-uped text)

WOW, seems like everything is working now :3
    Not gonna test Hyperlink here, because im not totally 100% sure if that thing is allowed by Forum Code of Conduct, but it should work too.

The bromance is getting real...

Ty mate

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2020

Just dropped by to say hi.!
    Keep the dream alive. I'm certain it's still on the table and will come right along the Cantha expansion in a year or two.

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2020

Please tell me that you've been saving a big surprise...and it's going to just blow us away...when you release it.

Competition for your niche is emerging...

Please keep us engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups that have meaning in Annual Tournaments.

GW2 has one of the best combat system around...imho

Our current WvW Match-Up system needs to be replaced, or your competition will learn to entice & steal players away from GW2 in the long-term.

The below is your competition enticing loyal Guild Wars fans to consider to be an alternative to your game product.

Please wake up & rise to the challenge.

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

@Diku.2546 said:
    The below is your competition enticing loyal Guild Wars fans to consider to be an alternative to your game product.

Well with the competition looking like garbage because it can barely handle 10 players on screen without heavily scaling back animations to the point they look like a sprite from Daggerfall, enticing is a relative term.

@Diku.2546 said:
    Please tell me that you've been saving a big surprise...and it's going to just blow us away...when you release it.

WvW World Cup, with Blackjack and hookers

@Diku.2546 said:
    Our current WvW Match-Up system needs to be replaced, or your competition will learn to entice & steal players away from GW2 in the long-term.

Already almost done:
    Phase 1: Heart of Thorns release - New class Revenant + Elite Specializations
    Phase 2: Path of Fire release - especially the Scourge first year situation in WvW without any fix is worth to mention
    No one can deny the truth of very noticeable drops of WvW playerbase at these times.

For the last few remaining loyal WvW survivors: Yes, I want alliances to happen too.
    Maybe Alliances will be included in the Cantha Expansion. Maybe. We will see.

• Vash.2386Vash.2386 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

Alliance Battles with Cantha expansion wiukd make so much sense. Make it so!

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

a l l i a n c e s w h e n ! ! ! ! ! !1 1 1 1 ? ? ?
    #neverforget #disregardbalancepatches

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

@vier.1327 said:

bender-futurama.jpg

• World Restructuring aka Alliances is our biggest hope of balanced match ups.
    Please made it possible to have balanced Match Ups and if you implement that then make changing sides harder. Those people hopping to the other side where the grass seems to be greener... make your life and our lifes harder.

edited July 3, 2020

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@vier.1327 said:

bender-futurama.jpg

Y lo sabes!

# JulioIglesias

JulioIglesiasSupportWvWAlliances

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Iglesias

I was thinking.... Guys, what are we going to do with our life's when we have Alliances... We need a second crusade, just as a backup plan

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

Slopes for the slope-throne.

In case you didn't know, this is the population disparity between servers posted by Ray in 2018 when this thread came out
  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2020

Whoa...was really happy for a second.......then realized this wasn't the daily new cases in the US.

We can only soldier on & try to have hope in these dire times.

Gaming is the one thing that can allow us to dream of better times...imho

Still thankful that ANet is still managing to give us a game mode that can still keep us entertained...given the current world crisis that we're all in.

Can we change the Match-Up mechanics to something where players can weekly pick their own Match-Ups while encouraging a healthy & competitive game mode?

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Guys they are "looking forward" to discussing World Restructuring in "the coming months" they said so in the August announcement last year. That covers a time from anywhere from August 2019 - the end of time. So if you aren't willing to wait that long, you're just being impatient!

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

I think this thread should come with a Geordie voice saying 'day 937. Anet still haven't got any further with alliances. The part time intern forming the entire wvw team has been busy dealing with other things today, as there was a major crisis over in pve when someone spotted a sock slightly too long and it had to be recoded as a priority over the work on alliances'...(for those who don't understand, the Geordie voice is from the UK version of Big Brother)..

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Meanwhile found fun in housing/gardening @ archeage unchained .. a little grindy.. but not that much.