Home WvW

World Restructuring

1495051525355>

Comments

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chips.7968 said:

@vier.1327 said:

Then we will know they have read it.

The forums are a placebo for the player base that we are listened to or have a voice.

Ah snap! Be careful, we can't handle this kind of knowledge...

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020

Coming Soon...

Can we please get a Road Map & the context on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode?

Example Road Map:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Can we get an ANet version?

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Yours truly,
    Diku

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

Happy page 55! To the top

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

Happy page 55 to you as well! 🍻
    Was excited to see 8 messages today

• I'm not accusing, I'm asking.
    Alliances when?

@mtnjkbm.7452 said:
    hello! my gf asked me: "alliances when?" i couldnt answer so she left. thx anet...

11/10

• alliances when, uwu

edited November 8, 2020

Seriously...we have to Logon now?

Sure make us jump through hoops while we try to keep our hopes up.

Yours truly,
    Diku

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Diku.2546

"the context on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode?"

I'm confused my good friend... The devs already gave information "on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode"... You even quoted the WR threads into the library... Take a look... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73411/guild-wars-2-forum-the-library-wvw

edited November 19, 2020

@Swagger.1459 said:
    @Diku.2546

"the context on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode?"

I'm confused my good friend... The devs already gave information "on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode"... You even quoted the WR threads into the library... Take a look... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73411/guild-wars-2-forum-the-library-wvw

Setting out on an ocean ship voyage or airplane flight without a clear destination & a planned route to take...is not a good idea.

The post you refer to is a library of posts that chronicle WvW discussions that do not in of itself present a detailed Road Map.

A decent Road Map needs to provide a vision on where this game mode is headed to in the future while detailing the steps on how we're expected to get there from where we are...imho

Example Road Map:

CHAPTER 1 - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW
    CHAPTER 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition
    CHAPTER 3 - NEW GAME MODE & VISION - Establish a better Road Map & Vision with World vs Globes
    CHAPTER 4 - WvG MATCH-UP - Globe Raiding of Green & Blue - Weekly Picked by Players
    CHAPTER 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors
    CHAPTER 6 - WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model

The End goal of this Example Road Map is to host an annual eSport SuperBowl event with corporate sponsors that's designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE in CHAPTER 6.

World Restructuring, however, is the equivalent of only being CHAPTER 2 in relation to the above Example Road Map that tries to solve the Match-Up problems of WvW caused by population imbalance & over stacking.

I'll ask ask again...can we have the other chapters of a complete Road Map & not just CHAPTER 2?

Yours truly,
    Diku

• i think if they just had the dev team focus on alliances for X amount of time and delay living world release, it would have been much better for Anet. Like who is actually going to write positive review on steam after all this? or is this the way they want to get rid off the competetive players?

at this point im not sure. I just hope this amazing mode would get dedicated team and support. This mode really could have been huge if given time and love.

after all, we still play it

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe after they are done removing all the animals, that weren't a problem in 2012, to "fix" peoples lag :s

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

Just a public safety reminder: Lift with your legs so no one throws out thier back keeping this thread where it belongs.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• aLLiaNCes WHen

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually I think the core idea is not that bad. But the classic server still should stay. I have played on Underworld (EU) since release. Though I didn't play from end 2013 until June 2019 ... I never changed the servers. Even when I came back 2019.

The alliances > guilds > players thing is interesting. But maybe players could join an alliance without being in a guild (just for some char/organization but with no guild power/rights).

Or as alternative: Players that don't like to play in a WvW guild could just stay on their server. Then make the "new worlds" as a combinatoin of "world" (players not in a alliance and/or wvw guild), alliances and guilds. So ... less organized players could form some kind of "core population" by staying linked to their previous world/server. While organized players in alliances/guilds get distributed towards all those core populations to try even it out making about the same population happen at the end everywhere.

@Luthan.5236 said:
    Actually I think the core idea is not that bad. But the classic server still should stay. I have played on Underworld (EU) since release. Though I didn't play from end 2013 until June 2019 ... I never changed the servers. Even when I came back 2019.

The alliances > guilds > players thing is interesting. But maybe players could join an alliance without being in a guild (just for some char/organization but with no guild power/rights).

Or as alternative: Players that don't like to play in a WvW guild could just stay on their server. Then make the "new worlds" as a combinatoin of "world" (players not in a alliance and/or wvw guild), alliances and guilds. So ... less organized players could form some kind of "core population" by staying linked to their previous world/server. While organized players in alliances/guilds get distributed towards all those core populations to try even it out making about the same population happen at the end everywhere.

Maybe vanilla Alliances with the same name of the actual servers?

But who would be the one in charge of it?

And Alliances When.

• Maybe today!

@Calisanna.8732 said:
    Maybe today!

What do we say to the God of Alliances?

Not today.

• From the looks of today's lackluster patch notes it would seem this project is no longer in the works with them trying to push out canthia and whatever cash grab they can release.

• well, cantha will bring at least some new content in form of broken new elite specs that totally destroy everything till they'll get hard nerfs. will be a fun 1-2 year(s) ;P

also, when alliances? :>

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    well, cantha will bring at least some new content in form of broken new elite specs that totally destroy everything till they'll get hard nerfs. will be a fun 1-2 year(s) ;P

They can't break WvW more than Firebrand + Scourge did, unless they essentially just make Firebrand 2.0 + Scourge 2.0 on different classes.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    well, cantha will bring at least some new content in form of broken new elite specs that totally destroy everything till they'll get hard nerfs. will be a fun 1-2 year(s) ;P

They can't break WvW more than Firebrand + Scourge did, unless they essentially just make Firebrand 2.0 + Scourge 2.0 on different classes.

Portable cannon, and you know it.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I still believe that this was all originated from a plan for an expansion which was later dumped after management changed, which was later restarted after another directional change from whatever source. If you have ever worked in project management you know well the dread of scope creep.

That said, wonder if we couldn't use this space to still brainstorm.

To those that have been in WvW style games that used alliance based systems, what tools did and didn't work for you in managing the alliance itself? I think we have a broad view of alliances in general but I don't feel we left the conversion a couple of years ago with clear pictures on how multiple guilds would manage their group of individual guilds and how the management of the alliance would work. In particular in forming and dissolving portions of an alliance. We know ANet was planning on auto-filling them to a degree for non-alliance people and guilds, but what about conflict resolution?

So since it would fill both the role of keeping the question of 'when and what' alive, what is the forum goers picturing and what helped or hindered in the past and what do you see as role of the alliance and how does it management features look like to you?

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

@TheGrimm.5624 said:
    I still believe that this was all originated from a plan for an expansion which was later dumped after management changed, which was later restarted after another directional change from whatever source. If you have ever worked in project management you know well the dread of scope creep.

That said, wonder if we couldn't use this space to still brainstorm.

To those that have been in WvW style games that used alliance based systems, what tools did and didn't work for you in managing the alliance itself? I think we have a broad view of alliances in general but I don't feel we left the conversion a couple of years ago with clear pictures on how multiple guilds would manage their group of individual guilds and how the management of the alliance would work. In particular in forming and dissolving portions of an alliance. We know ANet was planning on auto-filling them to a degree for non-alliance people and guilds, but what about conflict resolution?

So since it would fill both the role of keeping the question of 'when and what' alive, what is the forum goers picturing and what helped or hindered in the past and what do you see as role of the alliance and how does it management features look like to you?

I think I would be more open to brainstorming if the devs say anything. They're absence for so long on this topic does not motivate me to start throwing ideas out for no one but other players to hear. That said, your optimism is a little inspiring. I almost wanted to join in. I hope other players are in a better place with this than me.

• allijances wh3en?

btw did anyone realise how the NPCs in the new episode talk about "alliances" ahaha. i felt honestly a bit pranked. hope's still up that they plan something for the release of End of Dragons DLC. not a big hope tho.

also see guys, i'd totally be willing to work out this for Anet if i'd work for them, but creating waterproof concepts without getting paid is something pretty questionable. you'd also always need ppl that u can contact to ask "can this work alike", which we here do not have. best communication u may get is a warning for offtopics thaha.

They just need to get on here and talk about this!

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

What exactly was this thread about again? Dont't want to go back 55 pages and cant't remember ...

@primatos.5413 said:
    What exactly was this thread about again? Dont't want to go back 55 pages and cant't remember ...

Probably PvE. Most certainly not WvW.

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

@primatos.5413 said:

It's about a feature that isn't going to be released.

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

• @knite.1542 said:

@primatos.5413 said:

What ever do you mean?? Pretty sure they’re excited to talk about it in the upcoming months!

• relink poggers

@knite.1542 said:

@primatos.5413 said:

Not yet, but Soon

• If ANET already corrects the problems of hack, lag, lagskill, better rewards for WVW players, at least equivalent to PVP, include benefits to the server that is leading WVW in the skirmish , like buff (which really BENEFITS DROP from RARE ITEMS, PATCHES and ASCENDED, skins). I would be very happy already.
    It is very difficult to sustain a character with WVW rewards, a pvp player makes a lot of gold in one season, completes tickets and legendary items faster than WVW.

• After today (anet just forgot to relink) i doubt that the alliances may come in future. They just talking as it seems but either there will be a new game with an working alliances and wvw before i could think of anet doing something for an unique gamemode (show me one game that has a similare mode) or i quit the game and start to play something the devs take care off.
    No updates, if i would do that at my work.....
    All updates (the 1 or 2) so far are in my eyes "sorry we are anet and well, we talk a lot and well, we have it on the plans for the 2020's" it may come within the decad.

• If they can't even do the lazy relinks they do every two months, can you imagine this incompetent company doing anything half as sophisticated as alliances? Highly doubt it.

• @allshallperish.4620 said:
    relink poggers

yeah just is proof of what anet thinks of the game mode and also a prove that it never happens. i mean how the f* can you forget a relink.
    (at least make a quick post in twitter or what ever msger you prefer telling; due to some eating events we wont make it this week and will do it next week).

The system works so well that new relinking is not necessary.

You should not be worried about it, Arenanet knows what is doing...

• With all the confusion circling today’s relinks- I think we may have forgotten about the real timing issue! It’s not “relinks when” it’s “alliances when”

When is the 2yr 3yr 20yr birthday. I can’t remember how long it’s been

• happy alliances whensday

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020

1 hr and 30 mins (52 secs) in friends. This was August 2019! “Upcoming months”

• I wonder if Anet even reads the forums anymore. I feel like they don’t much care to communicate on many avenues.

• Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

@Calisanna.8732 said:
    1 hr and 30 mins (52 secs) in friends. This was August 2019! “Upcoming months”

"Always with the teases..."

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

DROP LS FOR ALLIANCES WHEN!

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• dear anet, stop these goddamned pointless balacings and finally give us balance where it's needed.... matchup and player balance. not skill nerfs that u sell the sheeps as balance. :(

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    dear anet, stop these goddamned pointless balacings and finally give us balance where it's needed.... matchup and player balance. not skill nerfs that u sell the sheeps as balance. :(

But do not forget to link you account to that web jajajajajaja