World Restructuring - Page 57 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Restructuring

1515253545557>

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:
    No matter what people wont be happy with the implementation of alliances or alliance battles. I think this will be particularly hard on people who did not play GW: Factions, and don't know what "alliance battles" are. Sure, they introduced the idea with 3 way WvW in mind, but with the way the game is going, I think when they deliver Cantha (which is the earliest anyone could hope for "alliances") people should at least brace for the fact that it may mean the end of WvWvW and the beginning of Kurzick vs Luxon 2 way "alliance battles".

Unfortunately that wouldn’t surprise me.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

All I have left to say about the myth of WvW restructuring is: "Zzzz..."

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

I like to think is an internal joke in Arenanet office.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

This is how myths and legends start..once upon a time there was a plan for alliances, it was to be great...

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2020

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:
    No matter what people wont be happy with the implementation of alliances or alliance battles. I think this will be particularly hard on people who did not play GW: Factions, and don't know what "alliance battles" are. Sure, they introduced the idea with 3 way WvW in mind, but with the way the game is going, I think when they deliver Cantha (which is the earliest anyone could hope for "alliances") people should at least brace for the fact that it may mean the end of WvWvW and the beginning of Kurzick vs Luxon 2 way "alliance battles".

Unfortunately that wouldn’t surprise me.

I don't know Ubi, I mean, I guess it wouldn't surprise me either at this point, but that is more because we've learnt Anets erratic behaviour with this stuff over the years. So it's more a question of not ruling anything out than it would make sense for that to appear. It doesn't make much sense to put in such changes beyond some sort of thematic conformity over the games. If we're looking at gameplay and gameplay design alone the 3-way system has stood the test of time (even if we can debate how healthy the mode is, but 8 years of general neglect certainly has more to do with that than the ups and downs of the 3-way split). I'm not even saying that KvL would be bad, it could be a nice addition to the game if it is well made. However, it's certainly not as strong in theory as a perpetual content mode or a superior replacement of WvW as we know it.

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭

Can we have Healthy Competitive Tournaments with Alliances?

Example of How to Host Healthy Competitive Tournaments:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064956/#Comment_1064956

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Yours truly,
    Diku

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

a competitive mode within Wvw would be great, yeah. no wonder players get demotivated, fights are nearly never on even ground, apart from those that should rather be held in spvp. links are often unfair, the system gets crazily cheated, artificially open servers exist, map number differences of 20-30 people seem to be normal (be it bots, algorithm errors or whatever, i don't know), rewards à play time are not adequate, having desert border as hbl is a handicap, ppt calculation isn't great either. EWP despawnings are a pain since forever etc.

all this is why we need chang/es. it's really hard if not impossible to make the mode worse. we're on the lower edge of it yet.

• Well, at least the population balance in WvW feels better than the kitten show that is snowball mayhem 😂

edited December 20, 2020

"I think that is what WvW unique and amazing, the feeling that always, even during late evening, the game is running.
    Arenanet has a great opportunity with this game mode... And I have the feeling that players have seen it but not the developers"

yes. exactly this.
    and btw
    Alliances
    when
    ?

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Alliances WHEN ?!

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Please tell us who you develop for so we can never use you as a vendor then.

I don't say it on this account, but funniest thing that I sure that you already use that product. It so funny, that I laugh 3 minutes. And one of fun that in these "free of monopoly :facepalm " you can't discard this product and not hurt proof of life. But back to that thread product process .. You still think that any task or case should be solved per half year??? Order it just by time creation order without other priorities and not check risks??? NOOO.
    This is normal, that some process eat more time that half year. Is this nice? no. But this is normal common state form many many other projects..
    This is not small startup. So you can be ready that many things that already implemented in text inside task we will see may be after 5 years, or 10, or 30.

Sure buddy, sure you do. Just like the kids back in my school days that "totally have an uncle that works at Nintendo, and I know all the stuff!"

You can take forever to deliver on a project. But not communicating at ALL about progress gets you fired. You sir are full of kittens.

On reddit you would already be added to everyone's ignore list.

@primatos.5413 said:
    Alliances WHEN ?!

Um, good sir, you mean,

"Alliances WHEN!?"

yes?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

The uncle that works for Nintendo... What a legend... Still looking for New under that truck.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@primatos.5413 said:
    Alliances WHEN ?!

still don't understand, will you feel better if get answer from developers : "it can be after 5-7 years"
    you wait that? or ? where target of question?

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

Gz Lare on 2.1k posts.

It feels as if Lare has taken it upon himself to defend Anet and attack anyone who dares to ask when/if alliances will ever happen. Maybe you should ask Anet for a job:-)

Personally I would feel better if Anet just tell us the current state of wvw development, whether anyone is actually working on it at all and if they are then what's the current road map and estimate for alliances. If they said '5-7 years' then they would make it to ten years from announcement to implementation, which would probably be some sort of record for developing something within an already published game!

I wonder what will come first, Lare giving up on defending Anet or alliances. I should start a book on it. Although really it's a one horse race...

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:
    Gz Lare on 2.1k posts.

thanks

Personally I would feel better if Anet just tell us the current state of wvw development, whether anyone is actually working on it at all and if they are then what's the current road map and estimate for alliances.

what we point see roadmap and see different result ? real roadmap only for production and can be nothing tie whit real result.

I wonder what will come first, Lare giving up on defending Anet or alliances. I should start a book on it. Although really it's a one horse race...

Personal I don't like concept of alianses who some people image it. And think that then aliances come they will look differently as some persons predict.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2020

Alliances are terrible idea. Counting commander hours and timezone activity will never work with the commitment the player/commander base has and how often guilds are disbanding. It is already obvious that players do not want to play with equal numbers and it is just better to split higher and lower tiers. Just go back to the old system. 1-2 servers full in tier 1 and rest open with tier 2 and tier 3 1000 or 1800 gems transfers. Do not forget the language issues also.

Pugs will also be split equally between every alliance so you won't get rid of them and they won't be used to your playstyle as they reset every 2 months. So things won't be any better for your "guild/alliance", it will be worse for everyone.

Ri Ba - Charr of logic
    ~Key to fixing WvW with minimal effort resides in my post history~

It's not about if it works or not, it's about BEING STRUNG ALONG FOR 2 YEARS!

Alliances WHEN!?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

@Threather.9354 said:

Pugs will also be split equally between every alliance so you won't get rid of them and they won't be used to your playstyle as they reset every 2 months. So things won't be any better for your "guild/alliance", it will be worse for everyone.

Do you really think Alliances is wanted because people think they won’t have to play with PUGs? Really?

Do you understand that with linking, people can’t recruit effectively?

Guilds can’t continue to grow and develop within WvW with how links are. It’s why many left their established servers. Not all, but many.

With alliances, if new players are there and want to join the guild, they can then designate that guild as their WvW guild and move with them during the next matching.

Thank You for the {MEME}

merry christmas!
    and
    Alliances when?

btw pugs are only metabuild players that aren't joining a tag/voice or? the people @Threather.9354 u talk of are our countless pepega builds, thieves, bear rangers, PvE sets finally or just random sets. (speed runes hello)
    real pugs should know the mechanics even, most of those people do not.

i sorta agree with the issue guilds have @ recruting that @Strider Pj.2193 mentions. like my guild that basically taught me 90% of my whole skills had to search for a new server mainly bc effective recruitment wasn't possible here.

the constant link change also messes thing up all the time, so yes, i would indeed appreciate just unlinks for everyone over the current system.
    the problems with links is, that either:

• unlinked: server basically dead, many will transfer, every play day a struggle, u will barely every have ground and go t5 very likely, unless ur BB. often leads to quality-loss bc nobody wants to have this. transfers not rarely get filled with newbies who think "high population sounds good, idk what the term means tho" [this was also my own decision thought process when first booting up Gw2]

• very small link + seemingly rather dead but nearly full host = still no numbers for most, but can work bc ppl may transfer into the link, host players may just be partially inactive. population count doesn't always update that fast.

• big host + small link = bandwagon target. small link gets full by nomad guilds anyways who just pay the gems to hop. provides overall random quality. some get fighting guilds, others just avoid fighting mostly if they don't have guilds to carry their battles.

• also, due to the changing combinations, u often lose servers and/or guilds u just adapted to. we had the situation yet that it'd been nice to keep at least that one guild, but impossible due to population issues. the guild would also want to stay at us initially, but when a server pretty much never opens, this ain't possible.

... in the end, i feel that currently the strongest guilds and groups rarely get to fight each other. now and then yes, mostly not. simply bc they're spread out all over the matchups.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

And let's put this back where it belongs. The top!

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• when thou?

aye! end of the year closing in,
    the eternal question remains
    Alliances when?

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Happy new year \o/

(Alliances When ??!!!)

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

Well... those who still have hope swear we will see them with the x pac this year.

I’m not one of those. I don’t even fully trust there will be an x pac this year. It’s one of those “fool me once, fool me twice” scenarios. By all means though, plz prove me wrong anet!

allianceswhen

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021

@Diku.2546 said:
    Can we have Healthy Competitive Tournaments with Alliances?

Example of How to Host Healthy Competitive Tournaments:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064956/#Comment_1064956

We can if they ever delivered on the 8-year old request of a GvG arena that actually works.

A tournament does not have to be server-tournament. Alliances, a guild-based system, could drive further incentive towards more guild-based content, like tournaments. In this game there have been plenty of good, player-run guild-based tournaments. In other games there are such tournaments, some even run by the developers, that capture the eyes of the entire game. Anet/NCsoft are even outdone by their chinese-market partner.

GW2 China GvG Tournament 2020 run by the partnered publisher

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Also,

Alliances when!?

as anet said,
    see u in 2021,
    with a new episode of
    Alliances when :>

• frickenreesh.7068frickenreesh.7068 Member ✭✭
    edited January 5, 2021

SOON TM Months to come TM Another Year Down TM ANET LOVES WvW TM

Best thing about GW2 ... It's COMBAT and least DEVELOPED for what it's best for COMPETING

NeEd MoRe PrEtTy, BIG mAps, and NeW PvE MoDEs that are left to rot for new PvE modes.

Competition..... BAD SCARY WORD!

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

WvW 2021...

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Twenty days and it will have been three years since the original post.

Alliances when?

@Vardy.3592 said:
    Twenty days and it will have been three years since the original post.

Alliances when?

Sir, you mean

Alliances When!?

Do you not?

alliances when <- <- <- <- <-

• Anyone Else counting the days down till the NEXT anniversary of this? SOON... Months to COME.... WvW... the First Forgotten Feature... of ANET.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2021
    1. Stop calling out for nerfs
    2. Many players will come back and restore decent population back in WvW
    3. Many players will be willing to pay real money to transfer servers and Warclaw skins sales will surge and that means more money for ANet to justify further support for WvW
    4. Stop calling out for nerfs
    5. Last but not the least, did i mention stop calling out for nerfs?

No? Ok. Wait for another 3 years.

I still believe in our dream... Alliances

• Woop S.7851Woop S.7851 Member ✭✭✭

@vier.1327 said:

Yes! Please keep the dream alive! :)

NA Server: Henge of Denravi
    WvW Builds: https://tiny.cc/wvw2

• Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2021

@vier.1327 said:

You have to know when to cut your losses, this is one of those instances.

ALLIANCES NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN, LIKE EVER

@Gwaihir.1745 said:
    Alliances would probably kill the game mode further anyways. Theres no chance anet figures out a working system of balance for it, after all this is the company that has reskinned the same gimmick currency for the past 3 years and called it a new mechanic each time they release a new pve map.

Like most major changes, some would leave, some would come back, some would decide its good, others would hate it.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Gwaihir.1745 see, that's not even possible. we're at the worst path possible, anything has to happen, anything would make it only better. guilds are dying, smallscale parties are dominating. we can only hope thaha.

@Mil.3562 i agree that i also don't want regular nerfs for the necessary groupplay classes.

but you will see a call for nerfs, exactly 1-2 weeks after the DLC comes out ;)

@Bear.9568 said:

@vier.1327 said:

You have to know when to cut your losses, this is one of those instances.

ALLIANCES NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN, LIKE EVER

Not gonna happen, but I still love you.

Alliances when!?

If no alliances,

No End of Dragons!

ally dances when?

...wait something's buggy there. will fix it till next year.