Please revise the new legendaries

Jaken.6801

So, I am taking my shot at the Shining Blade legendary, after finishing the flameseekers prophecies a few months ago.

I am since the beginning, never had much gold and thus I was really thankful for the collections, so the Shining Blade is my first attempt at the new legendary system.

Oh my god it is boring.Now I read why they changed it. I get that it is much easier to implement, while getting a material dump for hard wood and mythril.However did they have to do the same stuff for three consecutive levels in a row? Just with more mat requirements?

While doing the Flameseeker Prophecies, I was at least able to do different content throughout the game, but this new system gets me only in two basic locations. HoT maps, to get the legendary pieces and any map that has Mythril or hard wood.For this legendary, I do nothing but farming gold or materials. It is so boring.Out of frustration I bought other legendary recipes, so I can do their collection.

So please. Change something, so it isn't so boring.I know the collections were too much work, but now it is just too much of the same boring grind. It is not fun and by all means not legendary.

I had more enjoyment in getting mats for elonian leather (which is also back for save the queen) than doing two levels of the precourser under the new system.

I know it is suppused to be a mat and gold dump, but please take a look at it and adjust the costs, or something.Give me something else to do, than just hacking away at stones and trees

I agree. I absolutely loved the collection with Nevermore and I just began Astralaria's after crafting The Shining Blade myself. It was lacking....anything interesting whatsoever. My only consolation is that it has a good bit of lore associated with it already. Wish the collections didn't have to be so time consuming to create. Legendary Weapons in HoT used to be a journey.

@Alanar.9854 said:I agree. I absolutely loved the collection with Nevermore and I just began Astralaria's after crafting The Shining Blade myself. It was lacking....anything interesting whatsoever. My only consolation is that it has a good bit of lore associated with it already. Wish the collections didn't have to be so time consuming to create. Legendary Weapons in HoT used to be a journey.

I et that it is easier to implement this formular, but does it have to be so boring and a straight forward money/mat sink? It just takes the legenary out of it.

The issue is getting legendaries out fast enough for players. It took then awhile to create the legendary collections for HoT. The first 4 legendaries had had a good progression of event related in their creation. Player want new legendaries but no one want to wait that long for a new legendary. It came down to getting legendaries out faster but having a simple collection or doing it slower while listening to complains about how legendaries are not being made fast enough. A-net just did not have enough time/people to implement legendary collections like the first HoT ones. Legendaries are a grind but the new way they are created is a compromise between generation 1 legendaries and the original HoT legendaries.

If they revise some legendary crafting what I'd like to see is all collections revamped to be akin to Chuka and Champawat collections, which was by far the best. Though I'd split the cost across all collection/crafting steps because I really hate the huge break in flow.

But then add in a "repeatable crafting" form in the same way as the current gen2 crafting. Because it's nice and simplistic and it'd be nice to make as many legendaries as we want without going on rng or tp.

@Ulion.5476 said:The issue is getting legendaries out fast enough for players. It took then awhile to create the legendary collections for HoT. The first 4 legendaries had had a good progression of event related in their creation. Player want new legendaries but no one want to wait that long for a new legendary. It came down to getting legendaries out faster but having a simple collection or doing it slower while listening to complains about how legendaries are not being made fast enough. A-net just did not have enough time/people to implement legendary collections like the first HoT ones. Legendaries are a grind but the new way they are created is a compromise between generation 1 legendaries and the original HoT legendaries.

That's why I said, I know why they changed it.I don't really agree that it was the right way to handle it.

The new oney are just boring to make.I relly hope that no other legendary will be desireable at this point, because I rather prefer to have the elusive elonian leather at the moment, than the constant grind for three stages of the precourser.

I like it better as it is now.You play whatever content you want and gather resources.And if you don't like to farm you can simply buy the materials.Much better.

The HoT Legendary collections get to be repetitive after a few legendaries,require a ton more time gated mats,and include the tediousness of playing old and in many cases buged events that block the collection progression.

@Jaken.6801 said:

That's why I said, I know why they changed it.I don't really agree that it was the right way to handle it.

The new oney are just boring to make.I relly hope that no other legendary will be desireable at this point, because I rather prefer to have the elusive elonian leather at the moment, than the constant grind for three stages of the precourser.

You want the journey to be fun or interesting, I just look at the end goal. At the start of gw2 during the first months when player were figuring out how to make legendaries that was very interesting see how they figured out the mat for a legendary. Now legendaries are common to older gw2 players. I always make a list checking it every week, always thinking about the final produce and how it will be worth it once all of that work pays off.

I can see why you want the legendary journey to be fun. The first version of legendaries collections had dungeons/fractals link to them and now its just a slow grind for gold. We do not have to save up 500-800g for a precursor now but the collection is the same as saving up 500-800 for a precursor just in multiple account bound mats. With A-net slowly making legendaries I doubt players demand of them will decrease since the long periods of time without a new legendary is enough for the top 5% to gather the mats for it.

Would you rather get more legendary weapons sooner or have it take longer in order to have a collection that you'll only do once?

At least this way all players can make progress towards the legendary from just playing the game due to how plentiful elder wood and mithril ore drops. The same goes for the T5 mats that you need.

lol the dev who was the lead on the legendary collections did the mat storage updates afterwards. the collections were too time consuming and didnt pay out the way mat storage updates will constantly affect your day to day playing experience for the rest of the games life.

now its not a one to one thing, as in give up collections to get mat storage updates (especially cuz the mat storage stuff was a side project done in her spare time), but devs only have so much time to give us. and id rather forget those collections any day for as yet unknown things that have longer, repeatable impact. theyre flavorful and fun but theyre a one time thing.

I don't see that they could have done anything else to get the Gen 2.2 legendaries in the game, without putting a lot of other stuff on hold. It's a compromise solution so that costs are spread out over materials rather than a single item (the precursor) and so that the process doesn't depend on ensuring that 40-80 events work perfectly.

Some of the Gen 2.1 collections are a lot of fun, but some are just horribly tedious, so I'm glad to not have to put up with some of that. And while I admire the Druid Backpack and Aurora collections, a lot of the player effort for them is also repetitive at best.

So I can't really agree with the OP that the Gen 2.2 collection process is worse; it's just dull in a more predictable sort of way.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Would you rather get more legendary weapons sooner or have it take longer in order to have a collection that you'll only do once?

At least this way all players can make progress towards the legendary from just playing the game due to how plentiful elder wood and mithril ore drops. The same goes for the T5 mats that you need.

While I get your point and agree with it. At the rate of 1 legendary per LW episode for the most part, I find it hard to believe they don't have the time for collections. Especially when they implemented an improved collection system to get the leg trinket aurora, while also releasing 2 leg weapons in teh same patch. So......... I mean....... the time is there, I just think the willingness to do more collections is not.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Would you rather get more legendary weapons sooner or have it take longer in order to have a collection that you'll only do once?

While I get your point and agree with it. At the rate of 1 legendary per LW episode for the most part, I find it hard to believe they don't have the time for collections. Especially when they implemented an improved collection system to get the leg trinket aurora, while also releasing 2 leg weapons in teh same patch. So......... I mean....... the time is there, I just think the willingness to do more collections is not.

Yeah.I am actually confused about that as well.Before I thought the whole process is too time consuming.By that I include the whole design of the general weapon, as well as the "story" (most of them is just going after a certain theme)

Right now I feel like they really went the cheap route.Just hand it over to the designers to make four skins , add two items for the crafting (shard of cuz) and put it into form A.We already get weapon akins, near legendary, in game. Several BLC weapons could be some, with aura and footprints.We also get several follow up collections with unique and legendary like mechanics, with several releases.So it shouldn't be a technical issue, right?

Why is the second part so hard all of a sudden?Is it because they have to go all over the world and not only the new region(s)?Is finding a theme too much effort?

I mean. Let me quickly draft one.

• New legendary dagger. The silverwing. Wing like dagger, metal-magical aura. Does create metal feathers wings along your arm when drawn and looks cool dual wielded. Feather Footprints.
  • Based on tengu lore, so they can throw in and clarify stuff we allready know about our tengus here on Tyria. Doesn't have to be as deep, because the collections were never that. The lore is allready written and shouldn't take much of an effort. However they could take the time to actually expand on them, but that is optional.
  • Collection 1 go around the world and find places of tengu influence and get some nearby items, before going to the famous tengu smith of the story (there is one and he was in one of the pact camps, or somwhere around HoT).
  • Collection 2 is the mat/gold sink.
  • Collection 3 fight some tengus around the world (new enemies, placed and the ones im HoT) to show that you are worthy.Then you have the precourser and can do the rest of the formular. The Gifts, etc. You have to get for every other legendary.

Sure, it would involve more people, because it would touch more areas of the game and more changes to older content (which might be the main issue I presume. They have no problem doing the same things in the new stuff).Then again, we have the current events which also do that stuff. Adding new elements to old content. So it is possible.I am really curious about what the issue is.It can't be that the original journey of the gen1 was too shallow, because they were improving with the first gen2.

It feels like it is just a promise they want to check of their list, like with so many other things.It feels really weird to play a game where foundations are set, but not improved upon. I mean, look at the festivals, the guilds, etc. All stuff that was supposed to go big, but then stopped.

The most important reason I started making Legendaries is because I love the Collection part so much of making the precursor. It takes me all over the world, into Fractals, dungeons, Events and such. It is a great reason to log in and give some direction to my play sessions. I will never make any of the newer Legendaries because of the lack of these collections.

I understand that it was a lot of work to create these collections, but I think they shot themselves in the foot by cutting corners here. I think Legendaries are still a somewhat longterm goal for many players, but not if you take the fun out of it. I never liked the harvesting grind so I actually buy a lot of that stuff on the Marketplace: great for other players, great for Anet since I spend about 200 euros per year on Gems to buy gold.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:If they revise some legendary crafting what I'd like to see is all collections revamped to be akin to Chuka and Champawat collections, which was by far the best. Though I'd split the cost across all collection/crafting steps because I really hate the huge break in flow.

But then add in a "repeatable crafting" form in the same way as the current gen2 crafting. Because it's nice and simplistic and it'd be nice to make as many legendaries as we want without going on rng or tp.

Oh god no... please no. I built Hope and it was such a grind I swore I'd never do it again... now I'm building Chuka and Chumpawat and I've gotten to Tigris and am at the point where I may just be done with it. This thing is taking so... so....so... long to craft that it's killed any joy I have running around in PvE... please... put it in the trading post, 3000 gold it... just for the love of god no more Cymbel. I see her often enough and save her hounds often enough we should have children together.

I've also built the Flameseeker Prophecies...and then sold it to get the precursor for Incinerator...which I then built... and building both of those was less horrific than building one of the HoT legendaries.

@Ulion.5476 said:The issue is getting legendaries out fast enough for players. It took then awhile to create the legendary collections for HoT. The first 4 legendaries had had a good progression of event related in their creation. Player want new legendaries but no one want to wait that long for a new legendary. It came down to getting legendaries out faster but having a simple collection or doing it slower while listening to complains about how legendaries are not being made fast enough. A-net just did not have enough time/people to implement legendary collections like the first HoT ones. Legendaries are a grind but the new way they are created is a compromise between generation 1 legendaries and the original HoT legendaries.

Of course no one wants to wait too long for a legendary. Because, you know, you already bought all the legendary set when you bought HoT. The complains about legendaries being made at slow motion would have no reason if HoT would have included what Anet promises. And now, one day before releasing a new expansion, we see again the excuse that ANet has no time to work at the old XPac? Sold as a complete product? Is this a joke?

I crafted Nevermore and Chuka and Champawat from the new Legendary set. I liked the journeys a lot - it was (almost) a coherent story / adventure for each of them. Excepting the second collection :# .I'm crafting now The Shining Blade. I swear, this is the last Legendary without a journey I will ever make.The process of crafting is not legendary. What can be legendary in gathering 26 100 Elder Wood and 26 1000 Mithrill Ore? Not only not Legendary, but contradictory: what's the point to use so many wood to craft a metal weapon? When I crafted Bolt, I did not use a single piece of wood. A sword is crafted using metal only. Well, at least until now. Now, crafting the Shining Blade, I started to wonder if the result will be a wooden sword.

I consider the actual way (without a legendary journey) to craft the legendary weapons as an expression of a total lack of respect for the clients and a sign of ANet willingness to ignore any promise made in the moment they have our money. Or a sign that the developers imagination dried so much they are unable to think to a credible way for crafting an item.

A last point: Why you cannot craft several new legendary weapons if you want? You cannot sell the weapons - that means you cannot make profit (making profit = a capital sin in ANet opinion). So? Why only one? This is an arbitrary limitation and ANet never gave a reason for this.

Archived