Help with newbie (greenie) WVW build and play

Joxer.6024

Ok, so after going back to my first love, Engi, and Holosmith for raids its a blast and am loving what I do in raids, but WVW is a WHOLE different beast! Raids you go in, avoid mechanics, etc. do rotation pew pew win. WVW you are fighting something that actually thinks so no just "doin your thing to win" here. You have to think way more, only issue I find is I have no time to think as I am usually dead by then (when roaming). In a zerg that's a whole different kettle of fish and heaps fun in its own, but sometimes you find yourself alone out there.So, what builds are working for you all, as Holo? And how do you stay alive and all that jazz? I panic, spam everything and I'm dead, and I know that's wrong. So playstyle wise is more about a "stick and move" sort of thing, instead of trying to go toe to toe with someone?I have tried to watch some vids that folks have posted but again, its all happening so fast its tough to get a handle on what to do. Is it more about just get out there and doing it, more and more?Any tips and build suggestions you all have would be much appreciated and currently I am running the MetaBattle Holo-Rifle setup, but am struggling a bit with it. Again, me thinks this is more of a "learn to play" thing than it is the build but maybe someone has tweaked it a bit and theirs works better?Thanks!! ;)

Archived