Ardent Glorious Armor (transmutation question)

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Aslong as you do not change it's stats.

You can transmute it and it will still act like the original in the Forge. Transmuting is cosmetic only.Stat swapping is different, the Forge destroys what you put in, and gives you a basic Ascended armor/Weapon piece with the stats you changed to.

Good to know, although i don't plan to stat swap but there are some items which become useless for MF if you transmute them. Spinal blades being one example, if you transmute it then you can no longer infuse it in MF.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:

You can transmute it and it will still act like the original in the Forge. Transmuting is cosmetic only.Stat swapping is different, the Forge
destroys
what you put in, and gives you a basic Ascended armor/Weapon piece with the stats you changed to.

Good to know, although i don't plan to stat swap but there are some items which become useless for MF if you transmute them. Spinal blades being one example, if you transmute it then you can no longer infuse it in MF.

That sounds like a bug tbh. I recall infusing backpacks which I had skinned over just fine.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:

You can transmute it and it will still act like the original in the Forge. Transmuting is cosmetic only.Stat swapping is different, the Forge
destroys
what you put in, and gives you a basic Ascended armor/Weapon piece with the stats you changed to.

Spinal blades no longer have that transmute issue. That was a pre-wardrobe issue and they simply never took the warning text out of the item flavor text area.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:

destroys

That is false. The tooltip on it has been a lie since it was released. It is probably like that because the full explanation is too long for the tooltip but with the introduction of the wardrobe it just became irrelevant but they never updated the tooltip.

Archived