Looking to PoF, Condi duration

frayon.3984

First, I wanted to explain a little why I wanted to start this thread. I was theory crafting a little ago and looking into condi duration (a lot of math when not using a skill builder). I was lead to a thread about a sigils where I was reminded we Rev's get a 10% boost to expertise while under the affect of Embrace the Darkness, but what does this mean to the actual duration? Well here's the math for just raw vipers gear and weapons no food:

A full set of vipers gear and weapons is 633 expertise. 10% of 633 is 63.3. To find what is in terms of duration we first add it back into the original 633 to go to 696.3 then divide by 15 as every 15 is equal to 1% which comes down to 46.42% while we originally had 42.2%. Still an all right amount but really small when compared with adding food or base duration with armor. It is a good thing to keep in mind though when theory crafting and is often times over looked.

This got me to thinking about the current meta which has full vipers gear with two tapper runes and four nightmare runes. I hate split runes, always have. So I did some math. In PoF if we have the trait Blood Fury actually working, this will mean we have 25% to our bleeding duration under the affects of fury. We have the base of 42.2% to 46.42% depending on if we have Embrace the Darkness up. Take the trait Venom Enhancement in corruption and that is 50% to our poison. We then have the 20% to its duration just by being in corruption. So that is a total of:Poison: 92.2% - 96.42%Torment: 62.2% - 66.42%Bleeds: 67.2% - 71.42%Burning: 42.2%- 46.42%Now we take a sigil of smoldering on our mace or axe (most likely also on SB):
Burning: 62.2%- 66.42%

Then food which is for best duration going to be Super Veggie Pizza. This is about the duration it would end up as:Poison: 97.53% - 101.75%Torment: 67.53% - 71.75%Bleeds: 72.53% - 76.75%Burns: 67.53% - 71.75%

With Embrace the Darkness up we are already over 100% for poison and close to over 70% while it's down or up for the other four. While there is nothing wrong with stacking over 100% duration it will not have an affect on the condi duration. The cap is at 100% which is why it isn't always wise to do so.Now add on the 35% duration from the runes:Poison: 132.53% - 136.75%Torment: 102.53% - 106.75%Bleeds: 107.53% - 111.75%Burns: 102.53% - 106.75%

We are over 100% with all of them now so it is a waste of the stat.This is the build I came up with after some time: Build

While not directly at 100% with all of them there is no wasted stat after PoF is out and renegade is fully launched. I went with invocation over devastation for fury upkeep while soloing while not soloing and if more fury output is being applied by your group and shared out then run devastation. The invocation is to help keep up that fury.

Is everything at 100%? No, but as I said, I hate have an unused stat and it would happen with every single stat with the runes of trapper and nightmare as rev will stand in PoF. Also I realize that poison while Embrace the Darkness is up, will be over 100% as it stands with the raw build with the Furious Tuning Crystal at 100.8%

Thoughts? And please keep it nice. There was a lot of math involved with this and a lot of work.

I am wondering if another sigil will be better for the bow than bursting, perhaps torment, or earth?

FWIW i used to rock berserker runes, but after the condi food nerf I can tell you that it's much better to go trapper/nightmare now. I am hoping PoF might bring some sexy new runes into the mix.

Something... seems of with the maths...

With nightmare trapper runes food and full viper (with smoldering/no malice) you only get 93.83% durations on torment and burning.

Since embrace the darkness only boosts the stats (and obviously doesn't affect runes etc..) with food you have 763 expertise and therefore 839 which is 55.93% + 35% from runes and 6.67 also from food totals for 97.62% on torment and burning...

I don't understand how you are calculating over capping on torment cuz you should be running geomancy no matter what for mace/ axe.

@Ertrak.9506 said:Something... seems of with the maths...

With nightmare trapper runes food and full viper (with smoldering/no malice) you only get 93.83% durations on torment and burning.

Since embrace the darkness only boosts the stats (and obviously doesn't affect runes etc..) with food you have 763 expertise and therefore 839 which is 55.93% + 35% from runes and 6.67 also from food totals for 97.62% on torment and burning...

I don't understand how you are calculating over capping on torment cuz you should be running geomancy no matter what for mace/ axe.

I could very well have calculated the end part wrong. That part I did in a rush and didn't take the time to look at it.

With full vipers, food, and runes (4 nightmare and 2 trapper), the base is now 75.8% for all conditions duration base. Then 75.8 + 20 = 95.8% . You are very right the total is off .

Thank you so much for pointing it out. It is very helpful.

And yes, I will always run geo on mace/axe along with a smoldering sigil. I tried it another way for the longest time but even few stacks of bleed is better than nothing.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Reputely bursting only affects the base damage of the skills before modifiers according to wiki.

Oh, thank you. Adding a different sigil to the bow then. I didn't look too far into the sigil of bursting.

@Jthug.9506 said:I am wondering if another sigil will be better for the bow than bursting, perhaps torment, or earth?

FWIW i used to rock berserker runes, but after the condi food nerf I can tell you that it's much better to go trapper/nightmare now. I am hoping PoF might bring some kitten new runes into the mix.

Looking into the sigil for adding more torment right now.

I am as well. I really dislike split runes, especially runes one can only get through dungeons.

Archived