So, about Regen

Theros.1390

@Oglaf.1074 said:I hope it will stack in intensity. That would mean that traits that nobody in their right mind would ever pick (such as healing Warrior Banners!) might actually become somewhat interesting.

I Definitly agree :) I see well a 3 stack max Regen, but of with a shorter duration. That would mean a better reward for the one who grant a boon at the right time.

@Kaizoku.1298 said:Do we know if something is going to happen on feb 6?

Yes, Karl McLain said that there would be a change to regeneration's effectiveness priority specifically. I take that as simply allowing the highest ticking regen to stick and override others. I don't think it will include stacking, but it should still be a nice change.

I just hope traits like Cleansing Water still proc if someone already has a more potent regeneration up. I wonder if applying a weak regen to a powerful one would increase the duration while still maintaining the potency.

I also hope that they factor healing modifiers into the equation too, because my regen is pretty beefy on my Ventari Rev.

@Obtena.7952 said:My understanding was that the regen change was the stacking order ...how it prioritizes in a stack of other regens. Unless I'm mistaken, it currently works like FIFO. It would make sense to work like how the old burning used to do; the highest regen will get placed first.

That’d be horribly disappointing...

@Obtena.7952 said:My understanding was that the regen change was the stacking order ...how it prioritizes in a stack of other regens. Unless I'm mistaken, it currently works like FIFO. It would make sense to work like how the old burning used to do; the highest regen will get placed first.

Burning never worked like that. People said it did a lot of the time, but it was absolutely a FIFO system. I tested that SEVERAL times to confirm since that got brought up every few months.

@Theros.1390 said:Do we already know what will happen with it on february 6th ?

• Stacking ?
  • Up of the Healing stat contribution ?

Pls no stacking that would make for example ele unkillable while playing full berserker

And would leave some classes behind. Ok i guess its only the necro, that wouldnt benefit from it.Cause necro sustain is the worst...And if you want to get sustain, you cant deal proper dmg anymore.

Esp. Power reaper gets just outhealed by many classes. And with stacking regen they wouldnt even need to press their healskills. Instead they would just heal back up from regen, and that regen they got, was for free on some passive trait or weapon skill.

That rlly would destroy the game

My understanding is that regen works like other boons ( such as quickness) where the first stack in the queue ( currently ticking) doesn't budge until it expires, the other 4 slots in the queue prioritise on duration of the stack.With the latter part of that being what is supposed to be changing somehow.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Kaizoku.1298 said:Do we know if something is going to happen on feb 6?

Yes, Karl McLain said that there would be a change to regeneration's effectiveness priority specifically. I take that as simply allowing the highest ticking regen to stick and override others. I don't think it will include stacking, but it should still be a nice change.

I just hope traits like Cleansing Water still proc if someone already has a more potent regeneration up. I wonder if applying a weak regen to a powerful one would increase the duration while still maintaining the potency.

I also hope that they factor healing modifiers into the equation too, because my regen is pretty beefy on my Ventari Rev.

Thank you for posting this answer. I want to see how this works live, but I have serious reservations. Again, thank you.

Archived