So, about Regen — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So, about Regen

Do we already know what will happen with it on february 6th ?

• Stacking ?
  • Up of the Healing stat contribution ?

Comments

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2018

I hope it will stack in intensity. That would mean that traits that nobody in their right mind would ever pick (such as healing Warrior Banners!) might actually become somewhat interesting.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

There would have to be a cap as some classes could easily stack a lot of regen.

• @Oglaf.1074 said:
    I hope it will stack in intensity. That would mean that traits that nobody in their right mind would ever pick (such as healing Warrior Banners!) might actually become somewhat interesting.

That would be awesomely funny.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I Definitly agree :) I see well a 3 stack max Regen, but of with a shorter duration. That would mean a better reward for the one who grant a boon at the right time.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure that either way (increasing coefficients or allowing stacking), they will be doing something to pull it out of its state of irrelevance.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm really curious about regen, particularly how it will affect Renewing Oasis - which at the moment pretty much gives me perma regen.

Will be cool if it stacks a bit for some small burst healing.

Never dodge while dazed (EM handicap) | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Kaizoku.1298Kaizoku.1298 Member ✭✭✭

Do we know if something is going to happen on feb 6?

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

My understanding was that the regen change was the stacking order ...how it prioritizes in a stack of other regens. Unless I'm mistaken, it currently works like FIFO. It would make sense to work like how the old burning used to do; the highest regen will get placed first.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018

@Kaizoku.1298 said:

Yes, Karl McLain said that there would be a change to regeneration's effectiveness priority specifically. I take that as simply allowing the highest ticking regen to stick and override others. I don't think it will include stacking, but it should still be a nice change.

I just hope traits like Cleansing Water still proc if someone already has a more potent regeneration up. I wonder if applying a weak regen to a powerful one would increase the duration while still maintaining the potency.

I also hope that they factor healing modifiers into the equation too, because my regen is pretty beefy on my Ventari Rev.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018

@Obtena.7952 said:
    My understanding was that the regen change was the stacking order ...how it prioritizes in a stack of other regens. Unless I'm mistaken, it currently works like FIFO. It would make sense to work like how the old burning used to do; the highest regen will get placed first.

That’d be horribly disappointing...

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Knox.8962Knox.8962 Member ✭✭✭

@Obtena.7952 said:

Burning never worked like that. People said it did a lot of the time, but it was absolutely a FIFO system. I tested that SEVERAL times to confirm since that got brought up every few months.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Theros.1390 said:
    Do we already know what will happen with it on february 6th ?

• Stacking ?
    • Up of the Healing stat contribution ?

Pls no stacking that would make for example ele unkillable while playing full berserker

And would leave some classes behind. Ok i guess its only the necro, that wouldnt benefit from it.
    Cause necro sustain is the worst...
    And if you want to get sustain, you cant deal proper dmg anymore.

Esp. Power reaper gets just outhealed by many classes. And with stacking regen they wouldnt even need to press their healskills. Instead they would just heal back up from regen, and that regen they got, was for free on some passive trait or weapon skill.

That rlly would destroy the game

• @Obtena.7952 said:

My understanding is that regen works like other boons ( such as quickness) where the first stack in the queue ( currently ticking) doesn't budge until it expires, the other 4 slots in the queue prioritise on duration of the stack.
    With the latter part of that being what is supposed to be changing somehow.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pterikdactyl.7630 said:

@Kaizoku.1298 said:

Yes, Karl McLain said that there would be a change to regeneration's effectiveness priority specifically. I take that as simply allowing the highest ticking regen to stick and override others. I don't think it will include stacking, but it should still be a nice change.

I just hope traits like Cleansing Water still proc if someone already has a more potent regeneration up. I wonder if applying a weak regen to a powerful one would increase the duration while still maintaining the potency.

I also hope that they factor healing modifiers into the equation too, because my regen is pretty beefy on my Ventari Rev.

Thank you for posting this answer. I want to see how this works live, but I have serious reservations. Again, thank you.

No longer posting or playing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.