DJ hitting twice

Javi.4359

you have enough ini to use the skill twice, he might have used it twice as there is no hard CD on the skill. a screen of the battle log wont show if it was one shot that dealt damage twice, if that is what you claim - then no that is not normal. each shot should only hit once.

@MUDse.7623 said:you have enough ini to use the skill twice, he might have used it twice as there is no hard CD on the skill. a screen of the battle log wont show if it was one shot that dealt damage twice, if that is what you claim - then no that is not normal. each shot should only hit once.

This was two hits in under .5s. I think they used the skill with quickness, but it was still far too fast to be two separate casts.

Unfortunately all we have to go on is your word that it was 2 shots in less than .5s. Your combat log shows the end of a smoke assault, then the DJ's, then your pet's bite. Pets attack slow enough for 2 non-quickness'd DJ's to be cast in between their attacks. So in short - I don't believe this happened in under .5s. I don't think you are lying, but I think you may be perceiving time wrongly in the heat of the moment.

@Javi.4359 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:you have enough ini to use the skill twice, he might have used it twice as there is no hard CD on the skill. a screen of the battle log wont show if it was one shot that dealt damage twice, if that is what you claim - then no that is not normal. each shot should only hit once.

This was two hits in under .5s. I think they used the skill with quickness, but it was still far too fast to be two separate casts.

with quickness .5 s is about the window you will recive the two shots.

@"Javi.4359" said:Hey guys, was fighting a thief in WvW earlier and noticed that their DJ hit particularly hard. Checked the combat log and it told me that DJ hit twice. Is this something that anyone has come across before? It's the first time I have seen it.https://imgur.com/0SDdxLn

A lot of times when I cast DJ, I spam the button which makes DJ cast twice. The grandmaster trait "Be Quick or Be Killed" grants quickness and when you have quickness you get +200 power.

The double DJ cast lands right after the other. But it also leaves the deadeye with zero initiative.

Another fun fact about rifle on deadeye, if you mash any ability 2-4 kneeling or not. you will cast as many of those abilities as you can with the initiative you have. Unless you cancel the animation. And when you run out of initiative and you're still mashing an ability, you won't even auto attack until you stop smashing the button and press auto attack.

That's why you can see some inexperienced deadeyes just sitting in kneel not even auto attacking.

In the first clip of this video, I didn't double cast and you can see how quickly if goes off. If you watch carefully at 0:53 I double casted DJ, the first one is dodged but the second isn't. They both go off very quickly, and imagine if both hit.

DJ does not have the same bug gun flame did at launch of HoT. If it did you'd see 3 times the deadeyes in wvw.

@Javi.4359 said:

With Quickness or haste, the DJ is actually very fast and hard to avoid as it dumps two bullets nearly instantly. The problem is that a Deadeye will be a sitting duck for doing that as they rip through their small pool of initiative. Working as intended.

I've actually used that in PvP and WvW to 'one-shot' players instantaneously without waiting for malice to charge. Take Revealed Malice.

Cloak relocate quickly, crouch, Haste or depends on your master trait. 1-5-5. Use Roll for Init to restore some of your ini so you can continue to fight or run. Because I often have a rune that increases damage on a knocked down opponent, I normally take Shadow Bind in the utilities. So if I didn't almost kill them immediately, shadow bind before rolling for initiative gives me a free DJ on them with bonus damage. If they don't have an instant heal skill on, shadow Bind will also prevent them from healing.

You gotta be a little ballsy with Deadeye, which is pretty uncomfortable to do.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:you have enough ini to use the skill twice, he might have used it twice as there is no hard CD on the skill. a screen of the battle log wont show if it was one shot that dealt damage twice, if that is what you claim - then no that is not normal. each shot should only hit once.

With Quickness or haste, the DJ is actually very fast and hard to avoid as it dumps two bullets nearly instantly. The problem is that a Deadeye will be a sitting duck for doing that as they rip through their small pool of initiative. Working as intended.

I've actually used that in PvP and WvW to 'one-shot' players instantaneously without waiting for malice to charge. Take Revealed Malice.

Cloak relocate quickly, crouch, Haste or depends on your master trait. 1-5-5. Use Roll for Init to restore some of your ini so you can continue to fight or run. Because I often have a rune that increases damage on a knocked down opponent, I normally take Shadow Bind in the utilities. So if I didn't almost kill them immediately, shadow bind before rolling for initiative gives me a free DJ on them with bonus damage. If they don't have an instant heal skill on, shadow Bind will also prevent them from healing.

You gotta be a little ballsy with Deadeye, which is pretty uncomfortable to do.

Ahh makes sense. I guess the server must have just had one of its hiccoughs at the same time as the teef doing this - the new servers aren't the most stable.What got me is that the 2nd hit seemed more or less instant; I remembered the gun flame bug and went "Wait a minute."Glad to see it's not more broken PoF stuff!

Archived