edited November 1 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Welcome to our new official forums! We're glad you're here, and hope you enjoy all the improvements these forums offer you.

Please post your input about the forums here. If you encounter a forum bug, please share the details in this thread. If you find a graphical or visual bug, please host a screenshot on a photo-sharing site and provide a link.

We will be gathering your input and will address issues as soon as we are able to do so.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<<13456725

Comments

• psizone.8437psizone.8437 Member ✭✭✭

Will the 'Reactions' be updated with all comments/posts from the previous forums or will it begin from scratch?

• First impression immediately after logging in; nice, simplistic look & feel.
    Will post more when I get a hang of what's going on ;)

Lord Sazed (Grd), Mistress Glaive (War), Hasla the Huntress (Rng), Seaguard Hala (Mes)
    Dragon Season (DS), Seafarer's Rest (SFR)

• So much faster for me o/

• Total surprise! I love it, I'm excited to see how much often I will be here :) Great design and easier for the eyes.

• I think it looks good. Not sure about the speed on mobile yet, but I will soon know

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭

Not a fan of the new forum style. The posts looks -extremely- cluttered together and it feels hard to catch individual posts with a glance, because there is not enough distance between them, or missing much more visible divide between them so you clearly can tell each post apart.. I feel i have to squint to focus on indivual posts now, i am thinking my forum use is going to go drastically down now.

• meeflak.9714meeflak.9714 Member ✭✭✭

There seems to be some UI displacement on mobile devices when viewing in full site mode !other then that it looks amazing!

Main ranger: Adalyn Del Rayna. Lfg op plz nerf

• DirtyDan.4759DirtyDan.4759 Member ✭✭

Why delete the sub forum icons? Also a little bit more color wouldn't be bad. It's way too pale. Take a look at the german community forum http://www.wartower.de/forum/ . Way more pleasant on the eye.

• Hi guys... while making changes to the breaks/lines, pls dont change the mobile view. The smartphone view is pretty much clean and neat with clear dividers.. and uncluttered too..

• One little QoL with the UI that could change is if the red squiggly when typing no longer showed up as you are typing the word, but only after hitting enter. Very very mild thing, but it'd help things look a little cleaner when typing :)

• Maressa.3509Maressa.3509 Member ✭✭

It would appear that you cannot put images in posts, only link to outside sources? If this is the case it really kills the fun of the Share your Screenshot type threads.

• @AegisRunestone.8672 said:
    I have another issue: so, we're allowed to edit a post for 15 minutes after it's posted.

But what about threads like fan stories where we have to update the first post to show the latest updates to the story? That'll happen days later.

Also relevant for, say, guild recruitment posts where it's often necessary to change details over time.

On a related note, not sure I like threads being sent to moderation if you make an edit? Posted a thread just now, wanted to make a minor formatting change... aaaand it's gone, with no way for me to access it. This feels like I'm wasting a moderator's time just to add a little extra spacing, and it's causing me anxiety because I don't know if my thread is just gone into the ether lol

• When you are typing on mobile view, the "draft saved at" message obscures the "Post Comment" button for a while.. kinda mildly annoying.. pls look at the positioning?

<<13456725
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.