Comments

• Zlater.6789Zlater.6789 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Welcome to our new official forums! We're glad you're here, and hope you enjoy all the improvements these forums offer you.

Please post your input about the forums here. If you encounter a forum bug, please share the details in this thread. If you find a graphical or visual bug, please host a screenshot on a photo-sharing site and provide a link.

We will be gathering your input and will address issues as soon as we are able to do so.

Honestly 16 pages in I don't think the devs will see this, but I will post it anyway.

In the Dev Tracker, when we click on a Dev Post, can you please make it so it jumps us to THAT Post Specifically, not to the thread. I am only interested in the post the Developer makes, not the hundreds of posts players usually make

• please add a way to direct message members

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

The Launcher links to the old forums.

• if you are not signed in and want give an awnser in a thread you get redirected to the login page but not back to the thread were you wanted to post :-(

• This is an amazing improvement on the old forums, but there's definitely room for improvement:

User custom avatars - Yes, this requires moderation, however paid accounts deserve the privilege of custom avatars to express their individuality
    User signatures - same reasoning as above
    Themes - right now these forums have a headache-inducing amount of white space. allow a dark theme, or even HoT/PoF style themes
    Remove up/down votes - This sort of system has no place in a BBS style forum, this isn't reddit and up/down votes really serve no purpose here other than as a tool to attack people with rather than stimulate conversation
    Move to Next ANet Post button - For threads where multiple red posts have been made, allow a method to move directly to each new ANet post, rather than having to trawl through hundreds of posts or use the dev tracker with no context for the post

Rapthorne Deathbane: Scourge of the Northern Shiverpeaks.
    Always happy to lend a hand, pm me here or in game with questions

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

"Draft saved".
    Does this needs to pop right where I'm typing every time I add one more letter to my post?
    Give us an option to disable this pop up.

• @Aenaos.8160 said:
    "Draft saved".
    Does this needs to pop right where I'm typing every time I add one more letter to my post?
    Give us an option to disable this pop up.

It would be nice if this popup was ghosted and on a timer before fading (say 3 seconds or so), rather than a popup that stays up, gets in the way and has to be manually closed

Rapthorne Deathbane: Scourge of the Northern Shiverpeaks.
    Always happy to lend a hand, pm me here or in game with questions

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

Too many icons, lines and font sizes and colours on the new forums.
    The old forums are much easier to read. Too many visual distractions on the new forums.
    I wish there was an "old style" option.

• Will the upcoming changes to editing also affect the first five posts I made when I was Recruit? Because I became aware of an error only today in a post I wrote yesterday. At that time I didn't know about the planned changes yet, so I reported myself and kindly asked a Mod to edit it for me.

• I'm confused about the 'Draft saved' feature. It pops up all the time while typing, but when I look at my 'Saved Drafts', I see only one. Where are they, or was is the catalyst that makes the forum actually save a draft?

• Darlgon.9273Darlgon.9273 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I'm confused about the 'Draft saved' feature. It pops up all the time while typing, but when I look at my 'Saved Drafts', I see only one. Where are they, or was is the catalyst that makes the forum actually save a draft?

Its saved as a draft in the entry box at the bottom of the page you were typing/posting in. You may find, months later, coming to a thread you started to type in, a draft of what you were going to say.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2017

I don't see anything in this box. Nothing except what I'm typing. And the one draft that is saved is from a post that successfully posted. It's very unintuitive, to me.

• I like the search function and the thread last update hour notification, but I would like the white space to be reduced
    and, possibly, adding a "reply" button also to the top of the thread page.

• One thing I think the new forums can benefit from would be a "Go to Top" or similar button so we don't have to scroll for days to get back to all the top menu links.

Evan Lesh:The matchmaker just prefers to put doodoo heads with doodoo heads. It doesn't change the skill level of doodoo heads you're playing against.

• I just wanted to post that I fully agree with the OP in the (now locked) thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/682/the-new-forums-are-a-step-back/p1

• The "auto-logout" time is way to short. Please consider extending the time.

• This is a minor thing, but would it be possible to add a favicon to the site/forums? This may just be me, but when I look at my favorites in Safari, I like to see the favicon associated with the page reference. It's been blank for years now.

• My Feedback

Can't Edit whenever I want
    I Don't like how there is a timer on when you can edit your post. I like editing my post whenever I want. I find myself updating my guides by editing them or editing my posts because of spelling mistakes a lot and with the introduction with timers for editing, I feel greatly limited.

Can't PM anyone.
    I Don't like how there is no option to PM anyone... I tried to PM Gaily Gray or others and without the feature to PM, I feel greatly limited in communicating with others.

Can't delete my own threads
    There are times I would like to delete my own thread when I feel the information I provided is outdated or irreverent. Having to contact a forum moderator to delete my thread is inconvenience and I would like a feature that lets us do it ourselves.

The Auto-Save to Draft Pop-Up is annoyingly placed
    I don't like how the auto-save draft keeps poping up in weird places that covers where I am typing. I rather it pop up on the top right corner of the screen instead.

Bad Layout for Desktop
    When people go to Forums, the first subforums we want to see is General Discussions, PVP, WvW, Fractals, Dungeons & Raids, Players Helping Players, Lore, and Professions. We don't want too see a "Welcome" paragraph with the Latest ArenaNet Posts on the top page of the website. We also don't need too see the Support subforums on the top page of the website... Please but them on the bottom of the web page AFTER the Profession subforum.

Example

General Discussions
    PvP
    WvW
    Fractals
    Dungeons & Raids
    Players Helping Players
    Lore
    Professions

Support -
    Account and Technical Support
    Bugs: Game, Forums, Website

Latest Posts from ArenaNet

Let's try to make this new Forum at least be user friendly for desktop users. We really need these basic features. :anguished:

• Dev Tracker Feedback:

My suggestion is to add a button on the left side of the actual thread that filters the conversation to only show the developer's replies to that thread only so it's easier to track the feedback you want. An addition, the ability to Reply to the feedback you want on the Dev Tracker would make it accessible for all players to be able to communicate much effectively with the developers. Please watch my 50 second video too see how I think the new Dev Tracker should function:

As you can see, this makes it much easier to track the dev conversation and to reply to them.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if it was mentioned or not, but:
    The BBCodes with edited nicknames (example without code-> www.guildwars2.com = clickable "this site") appear as the exactly same colour and font as the entire text in the post when viewing the Forums on mobile phone making it very hard to actually find out if/where is any link in the post.
    Can we get this fixed/adjusted please?

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Eiffel.8937Eiffel.8937 Member ✭✭
    edited September 14, 2017

"
    You've Been Signed Out
    You were signed out due to inactivity.
    "

this one is even worse as not beeing redirected to where you came from on sign in

this logs you out and you loose anyway of knowing on which side it logged you out cant even get back to the link you where on with back as you would normally do
    what a kitten as all site I opened in different tabs are lost :-(

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

You've Been Signed Out
    You were signed out due to inactivity.

Please!
    I turn off my computer for 8+ hours and come back still signed in. But whenever I have 2 conversation open in different tabs, one will sign me out after a few minutes and then I have to enter my name and password again every time.

Also, this: Imgur
    I just found out there is a light off mode but only if you edit comment in fullscreen. It should be enabled on the entire forum!

• It is pretty kitten annoying, isn't it?

• Please improve the dev traker so it brings up the individual posts like the old one; I don't have time or desire to wade through a 16 page thread to find dev post that is hidden in it.

Also the mobile version doesn't do a good job of formatting dev / arenanet posts to make them stand out.

• JVJD.4912JVJD.4912 Member ✭✭✭

Feels cluttered with a lot of icons, red text and stuff. The highlights of the discussion should be the comment made and not the things around it

• I'm sure I was automatically signed out while I was typing a rather long post, and then the forum started throwing error pop-ups at me every few seconds.

Eventually I realised what had happened in another tab because I was no longer logged in there, and, fortunately I was able to log back in on that tab and then complete my post in the other. Yikes.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

May we get (non-image) signatures back please? I would love to add two links to my GW1 and GW2 wiki user pages under my posts.
    Thanks a lot!

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• First of all the font size for the poster's name is ridiculously large.

Second, having the poster's name in the middle only pushes the thread..having the names on the side like the old forum is the best layout.

Third, everyone is a "member" thus that information is irrelevant, plus ArenaNet has a red strip on their post to differentiate themselves.

Lastly, the simplicity of the old forum when it comes to "report", "quote", etc. makes the forum pleasant to read. The constant flashing of red texts when scrolling down hurts my eyes.

To be honest, the old forum didn't need a layout change.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Can I please get back the possibility to have an RSS feed for each subcategory? At least I haven't found anything like that yet.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946 said:

@Pompeia.5483 said:
    Obligatory request for dark theme/night mode :)

This is actually a very valid point. White takes more power to generate than black, or even the darker colors. Haven't looked at the mobile site, but if bright white is it will have an impact on battery life.

+1

@OriOri.8724 said:
    Also the main forum page is very bloated with empty whitepsace. Please consider condensing it significantly, instead of making us scroll down so far to reach the subforum links.

+1

Feedback: I am very impressed with the new forum overall though.

• My icon has a cage on it. I'm not sure if this is viable to everyone or just me, or what it means. If you are going to use iconography it has to be clearly defined.

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Can we also please have an option to disable avatars just like we can disable signatures?

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    Can I please get back the possibility to have an RSS feed for each subcategory? At least I haven't found anything like that yet.

Actually they appear to all have them already. Just add ".rss" to the URL. I.E. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/guild-wars-2-discussion and https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/guild-wars-2-discussion.rss

• VaaCrow.3076VaaCrow.3076 Member ✭✭✭

I think the thumb up/down function is fantastic, good job. also the new layout is nice!

Madness Rises [Rise] Of Gunnar's Hold, represent.

• Charrbeque.8729Charrbeque.8729 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2017

@Charrbeque.8729 said:
    Overall pretty decent. It will take a little getting use to, but I like the new forums so far.

Seriously? So far my only comment with thumbs down^.

I must have triggered a couple people who really hate the forums.

I do like the new forums, but think the whole thumbs up/down thing is rather useless.

Edit: Wow. Even the word "t.r.i.g.g.e.r.e.d" is censored and changed to 'kitten'.

Nice to see the profanity filter working better than ever.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

Too many restrictions.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:
    Too many restrictions.

and since I can't edit yet --too many arbitrary and draconian restrictions.

• i suppose i should have left this here

@Forgotten Legend.9281 said:
    i am impressed by the following:

a) more threads appear in the subforum lists (i counted around 50)
    b) the default vertical space for a single post has been reduced
    c) search engine!
    d) improved +1 system
    e) improved visibility for Dev Tracker
    f) most recent discussion visibility
    g) dev posts and stickies do not appear to count toward the page limit for threads / posts
    h) ability to bookmark a page easily within the forums
    i) easier access to user area (account settings, notifications, bookmarks, etc)

feature / QoL suggestion(s) not already covered by the TL:DR feedback thread OP list

1) please let me choose how many posts to show per page. (i'd much rather scroll through 200 posts on a single page, than reload the page 20 times while following a conversation)
    2) make a friends list and/or guild list on the forums
    3) maybe link the friends list and/or guild list from the game to the forums

"Bacon Defeciency DIsorder Sux"
    ~ The Baconnaire

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

It would be wonderful to have our avatars linked to our (main) character and the badge system linked to in-game titles/achievements.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• I find the new forums to be a massive downgrade compared to the old version. Visually cluttered, post width is much too wide to read comfortably, avatar/author name is unnecessarily large, too many lines between names/bodies of text -- very unpleasant experience overall. I used to visit the forum multiple times a day to keep up with news/discussions, but I will make it a point to avoid the official forums now if this is how it's going to be.

Pretty much agree with everything in this post.

I also think purging the older forum content without archiving it somewhere is a HUGE mistake. I still find a lot of useful information and resources in older posts and discussions, and it would be a shame to lose that.

• Dev Tracker needs a lot of work. I don't enjoy being harsh, but it's really not a proper dev tracker currently.
    * Sort them in the chronological order a dev has last posted. Currently they are sorted in the order anyone has posted. This post, for example, will bump this thread to the top of the dev tracker, even if no dev actually posts.
    * Make it easier to navigate directly to the red post. Especially if there are more than one on a thread. Old forum had arrow buttons that would take you to the next/previous red posts within a thread.
    * 'Latest Arenanet Posts' section of the front page has potential. It's a functional and quickly skimmable dev tracker- sorts in proper order, shows the preview of the post(preview looks messy when there are quote blocks in them though), takes you directly to the red post when clicked. Maybe expand on that and make it the new dev tracker instead. (then remove it from the front page, it's extra scroll space to get to the subforum buttons)

• Teraphas.6210Teraphas.6210 Member ✭✭

Will the dev post category be coming back? I had that linked in my feeds before and was very handy.

Edit: switched out of mobile and found its still there. Could it be added to the mobile version.
    Edit2: readded the dev tracker to my feed but it just shows the first post and not the dev post. Using this in the forum also just takes you to the thread and doesn't jump you ahead to the dev post. While being able to see that a dev has posted is great being able to jump to it is also a useful ability. Like on reddit i will use the bot to make sure I found all dev posts within a dev marked thread. Please add more than just a quick key for a tag search which is all the dev tracker button is atm
    Loving the new forums looking forward to the capabilities

• Glacial.9516Glacial.9516 Member ✭✭✭

May have been said, I didn't read all of the posts but... Please increase the size of forum path at the top/bottom of the page. ie. The "Home -> Profession -> Elementalist" It is significantly smaller than Index / Discussion / Dev Tracker above it and I hadn't even noticed it for the first hour I browsed the forums. I thought it was an oversight and simply didn't exist.

• cephiroth.6182cephiroth.6182 Member

As others said before: this is not the functionality we had before. The linked feed lists the first post of topic an anet employee posted in. The RSS would be supposed to contain the posts of anet employees ordered by post date (desc).

• Hi @Gaile Gray.6029, would it be possible to get the following badges added:

1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Year anniversary badges (retroactive to our Guild Wars 2 accounts)
    5k/10/15/20/25/30/35 achievement points (either in increments of 5k or 10k)

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

@Brigand.9502 said:

The "auto-logout" time is way to short. Please consider extending the time.

or remove it. In the german forum there is no auto logout.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ex seraphex.1038 said:
    Boy I would really like a dark/nighttime theme. I usually play in a darkened room, and popping this forum up just kills my vision. Also, this forum isn't fantastic on mobile. Just FYI.

I find it to be very good on mobile tbh (remove the thumbs down option and its pretty much perfect). So much so I have abandoned trying to use the desktop version, because thats... not so great. Its just bad.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Just noticed this, but could you make it that any topics that Anet have tagged as Announcement be put separate at the top, as more and more of these appear the topics get pushed further down, I don't know if im reading something new or something old with them, a divider would be nice like on the older forums, if possible,

Also are you going to be setting up a re-direct link to these forums, from the original site?

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

• @SpecterMAT.7306 said:
    Oh hai.
    It's might be me, but I think the current wrapper width is too big and uncomfortable to read.
    Currently the max-width is 1167px and the wrapper usually for easier read is around 940-960px.
    Here is an image about how it would look like:

Hi Matt, yes I agree :)

• I think these forums are a great idea, nice to share information :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.