1242526272830>

Comments

• You can find Gaile's (Dev) responses (and reasons/explanations) on both topics (editing polls, and deleting posts) in previous threads, if not this very one.
    To summarize, the answer is "no" to both, and no plans to change it in the near future.

• I find myself squinting a lot of the time. Heck, even the whole forum is made of bright white. Perhaps the ring is corrupting me, and my soon my light sensitivity will force me into the roots of the world where I hunt Gobbo children, and they don't taste too nice. smack No, they do not.

But Vistas ending with a flash of white light as if I just died, drifted off to heaven, and immediately got there with 1st degree burns on my retinas? No me gusta. Is this a thing for others?

• @The Night Fox.6018 said:
    I find myself squinting a lot of the time. Heck, even the whole forum is made of bright white. Perhaps the ring is corrupting me, and my soon my light sensitivity will force me into the roots of the world where I hunt Gobbo children, and they don't taste too nice. smack No, they do not.

But Vistas ending with a flash of white light as if I just died, drifted off to heaven, and immediately got there with 1st degree burns on my retinas? No me gusta. Is this a thing for others?

As we have a lot of forum members, you can imagine that opinions vary wildly about the whole forum presentation. Some say "too bright" and some say "not bright enough" and some say "just right." Ok, all Goldilocks and the Three Bears references aside... ;) You are definitely not the first person who's shared such thoughts, although few do it with such clever cultural references. ;)

At the present time, we're not able to offer alternative options for viewing, but if I recall correctly, one of our forum members posted about a way to switch colors to a dark background. I believe you'll find their posts in this thread.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@The Night Fox.6018 said:
    I find myself squinting a lot of the time. Heck, even the whole forum is made of bright white. Perhaps the ring is corrupting me, and my soon my light sensitivity will force me into the roots of the world where I hunt Gobbo children, and they don't taste too nice. smack No, they do not.

As we have a lot of forum members, you can imagine that opinions vary wildly about the whole forum presentation. Some say "too bright" and some say "not bright enough" and some say "just right." Ok, all Goldilocks and the Three Bears references aside... ;) You are definitely not the first person who's shared such thoughts, although few do it with such clever cultural references. ;)

At the present time, we're not able to offer alternative options for viewing, but if I recall correctly, one of our forum members posted about a way to switch colors to a dark background. I believe you'll find their posts in this thread.

Thanks, Ms. Gray.

I currently use a chrome extension app called "dark mode". No problem with visibility, but some sites' aesthetic freaks out. Not trying to hash on the devs or forum, just expression.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2018

Would be nice to see warns deleted in profile -> moderation after a certain time. Also would request sometimes, where it's clearly not an infraction, to have our comment removed without warn. Got mine removed recently and warned whereas was perfectly in the subject and helping another player, moderation is awful. Please, check the comments before removing them and adapt the response. Really discourage me from helping people, everytime I tried, got a warn.

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2018

@The Night Fox.6018 said:

If you are interested, I have a dark theme for the forums that is available in multiple colors that does more than just change the colors of the forums - it also re-organizes/re-designs/re-structures nearly all of the forum pages.

I noted my theme over in the Players Helping Players sub-forum with some images and links to the full Imgur galleries (also available via my signature). The theme is completely done using CSS to change how the forum pages look, so you can use the Stylus add-on for Chrome and just create a theme in it for the forums using the theme's CSS code.

My Dark GW2 Forum Theme - Imgur Galleries: [ Aqua - Coffee - Lime - Orange - Pink - Purple - Red - Slate - Yellow ]
    [ CSS Code ] - (Updated 2018-10-07: v1.84)

| Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs |

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    some say "not bright enough"

I've never seen anyone say that.

I had a vampire break into my apartment last night. Thankfully I was on the gw2 forums at the time and so I just turned my tablet at them. Got the broom and dustpan out and that was that.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018

@Justine.6351 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    some say "not bright enough"

I've never seen anyone say that.

I had a vampire break into my apartment last night. Thankfully I was on the gw2 forums at the time and so I just turned my tablet at them.

I see what you did there, the forums are as bright as the sun, I actually have a sun tan yet I never go outside.

• So...the first anniversary for the forums, and those who joined 'at launch' has come and gone. What other requirements are necessary for the 1-year Badge?
    @Gaile Gray.6029

• The Dev post Carousel is broken, yet again. It's eaten most of the posts, and just left a few random ones.
    Sigh.

• Another seeming bug: The 'Views' count on the KFT thread suddenly dropped from around 60K to 3.7K.
    What gives?

• Any way to get rid of the 'Announcement Banner'? There used to be an 'x' to dismiss it, except on the redirect page, but it seems to be missing now.

• Thanks for the fix. Much appreciated. (Or thanks to my browser, or the forum Djinn...)

• If the Moderators are going to give warnings, and remove comments, at least indicate which comments have been removed.
    One can hardly learn from one's mistakes if there is nothing to contemplate. Thank you.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    If the Moderators are going to give warnings, and remove comments, at least indicate which comments have been removed.
    One can hardly learn from one's mistakes if there is nothing to contemplate. Thank you.

Yeah but also allow the poster to revendicate the warn and speak with the "moderator" I feel like they are bots and not human at all. Got several removal due to only 1 person that felt offended/ simply giving opinions.

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• When this new forum first came out, responses seemed more “polite”. Now it has turned into the “old” forums. People right away being disrespectful of the ops opinion “ another post of l can’t handle this part of the game so make it easier”. This arguing back and forth, I find really disappointing and not helpful. Good luck to everyone in the game, I won’t be posting nor reading any longer.

• Please consider adding forum aliases to go with our avator like every other site allows. Having my account information visible makes me worry about abuse.

Consider this in light of the recent Reddit bonfire about golden mail. (Even if you only leave off the numbers to start the process)

• Still getting messages/moderation from Moderators with no accompanying copy of the offending post, notice of which thread, or notice of infraction points (if any).

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

I'm wondering why I get this notice on my Profile page each time I've created a thread:
    You do not have access to any discussions on this page.

Yet, there is this:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58799/path-of-fire-and-guild-wars-2-collection-now-50-off#latest

Is it some kind of punishment we aren't aware of? Same question with no Moderator messages when infracted.

Edit: I found the Discussion mentioned above; I'm not sure why I had to go to a 'second' page to see it, as it's the only one listed now.
    Weird.

@Gaile Gray.6029

• geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭

Can we talk about the forum moderation in general?
    I got this in my inbox today from a forum moderator.

Please refrain from creating off-topic posts or posts that derail the subject of a thread. We have removed your comments to ensure the thread can continue on its specific subject. If you wish to share your thoughts, you may join an existing thread on that subject or start a new thread on any constructive topic. Thanks for your understanding. Please do not respond to this message. You may direct an appeal concerning a forum suspension to [email protected] We do not accept appeals for minor infractions.

First: Why doesn't it show me where this "post" of mine was created? It's completely useless to me, when I can't see where I have "derailed" a discussion or an "offtopic post"? How can I avoid it if it's unclear what I did wrong and where?
    Second: Don't you think your moderation is by far too strict for a gaming forum when you punish very minor things like that?
    Third: Is that forum moderation completely automated? I ask this because I just get an automated response and I'm not even allowed to "ask" what I did wrong.

I don't see this as a good system. If you don't want discussions going on the forums, which by definition won't stick exactly to the topic, why have a forum then?

• @geist.4126 said:

> Please refrain from creating off-topic posts or posts that derail the subject of a thread. We have removed your comments to ensure the thread can continue on its specific subject. If you wish to share your thoughts, you may join an existing thread on that subject or start a new thread on any constructive topic. Thanks for your understanding. Please do not respond to this message. You may direct an appeal concerning a forum suspension to [email protected] We do not accept appeals for minor infractions.

First: Why doesn't it show me where this "post" of mine was created? It's completely useless to me, when I can't see where I have "derailed" a discussion or an "offtopic post"? How can I avoid it if it's unclear what I did wrong and where?
    Second: Don't you think your moderation is by far too strict for a gaming forum when you punish very minor things like that?
    Third: Is that forum moderation completely automated? I ask this because I just get an automated response and I'm not even allowed to "ask" what I did wrong.

I don't see this as a good system. If you don't want discussions going on the forums, which by definition won't stick exactly to the topic, why have a forum then?

Well, you are allowed to ask about forum moderation by sending an email to the address provided.
    I often get no accompanying post/thread information, as well, but I've found that you may be able to ascertain which post was moderated by checking the 'Moderation' page accessed from the link at the bottom of the main Profile page, instead of just the in-forum Mail message.

Good luck.

• Tyger.1637Tyger.1637 Member ✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    Would be nice to see warns deleted in profile -> moderation after a certain time. Also would request sometimes, where it's clearly not an infraction, to have our comment removed without warn. Got mine removed recently and warned whereas was perfectly in the subject and helping another player, moderation is awful. Please, check the comments before removing them and adapt the response. Really discourage me from helping people, everytime I tried, got a warn.

Yep, forum moderation is woefully inconsistant. I've had enough of the official forums. I was once cited for saying 'pester' support.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@geist.4126 said:

> > Please refrain from creating off-topic posts or posts that derail the subject of a thread. We have removed your comments to ensure the thread can continue on its specific subject. If you wish to share your thoughts, you may join an existing thread on that subject or start a new thread on any constructive topic. Thanks for your understanding. Please do not respond to this message. You may direct an appeal concerning a forum suspension to [email protected] We do not accept appeals for minor infractions.

Well, you are allowed to ask about forum moderation by sending an email to the address provided.
    I often get no accompanying post/thread information, as well, but I've found that you may be able to ascertain which post was moderated by checking the 'Moderation' page accessed from the link at the bottom of the main Profile page, instead of just the in-forum Mail message.

Good luck.

That email suggests it's for suspensions only not for intermediate issues (no appeals for minor infractions). But no matter; I'm done with trying to figure out what's behind the choices made.

• It may be just me, but the forum pages no longer refresh upon use of the 'back' arrow. One must manually refresh each page to update the 'New' or 'X(number) New' indicators.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.