Adjust Base health; Make Vitality affect Endurance

Einlanzer.1627

Base health should be higher across professions, and Vitality's primary role should be allowing you to dodge more. Doing this would address several problems that have plagued the game since launch:

-No issues with Healing Power vs. Vitality scaling-Defense becomes a lot more complex than "try to kill everything as fast as possible", which would help balance the value of offensive stats vs defensive ones-Vitality and Toughness could both be "specialized" in a more common-sense way instead of their haphazard current relationship with each other. Toughness would represent passive mitigation of ALL FORMS OF DAMAGE (with armor only affecting direct damage); Vitality would represent avoidance of heavy burst damage

I also think this would justify a nerf to Vigor to prevent endless dodge chains from certain builds. It's honestly an overpowered boon anyway, in terms of how much it modifies base endurance regeneration.

Not the worst idea i've ever heard but i belief that this would be a nightmare to balance properly and that a nerf to vigor wouldn't be enough. I'd prefer if something like enhanced endurance regeneration gets added to a entirely new, minor only stat, that isn't as prevalent in game, in the future, something like "constitution", wich would be way easier to offset with a vigor nerf.

Archived