Herald might < renegade might

Zlater.6789

I was having fun in raids on renegade today and I realised, lol did you know that 0 boon duration renegade gives far better might uptime than 100% boon duration Herald, despite Herald being the most boon centric elite spec ever?

That's so stupid, how the hell did the game balance out like that?

Yeah old news...

If that wasn't the case then even on paper there would be literally no reason to ever use renegade. Not that there is now unless you PvE/raid kill the computer hero.

I wouldn't call herald boon centric either... It has a decent amount of them yes. Nowhere near the most and that's not the focus of the spec. At least, if you are playing it right.

@JayAction.9056 said:Yeah old news...

If that wasn't the case then even on paper there would be literally no reason to ever use renegade. Not that there is now unless you PvE/raid kill the computer hero.

I wouldn't call herald boon centric either... It has a decent amount of them yes. Nowhere near the most and that's not the focus of the spec. At least, if you are playing it right.

Well I would disagree, every single facet pulses a different boon, the unique elite profession mechanic increases boon duration for all allies. I would definitely argue that herald is designed to be THE boon spamming elite spec.

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:Herald can spam multiple boons and prolong their duration,but according to you Renegade is better at spaming one boon (might).

NoRenegade is always better at spamming might with absolutely 0 investment into any might duration at all doing its highest dps rotation.Herald will always do less might despite having shared empowerment while at 100% boon duration with strength sigil, while doing significantly less dps than power heal.d

• 3 weeks later...

That is something that bothered me with Renegade as well. From the roll design Herald should be the support spec, still Renegade has the better might up time. The same for alacrity. Alacrity seems so out of place on Renegade, it feels more like something Herald should have had in the beginning.

From what i understand both are support specs. Only that Herald is the defensive one, leaning more to power damage and blocking for rev (core no longer has that), while Renegade is the offensive one with strong condi options.

I think their train of thought here was that alacrity is already available for healer core rev (ventari + salvation line), and so the other source should go to the one that is far more offensive. Well that and buffing old spec won't help selling the new one.

In the end i got no complains as i prefer renegade over Herald, and being able to finally have a real replacement for chrono when it comes to alacrity is a huge step forward.As it is now renegade can overcome chrono in alacrity generation (no biggie to have 100% uptime) and i guess firebrand can take over the quickness generation, leaving raid teams with at least some kind of mesmerless option for their teamcomps.

With the right traits, a herald can keep themselves might capped while solo. But from a group standpoint, there are a few things to note.

One of the hardest parts about maintaining might on Renegade is how unpredictable it is. The f2 skill has a small radius, and even when stacking on a boss I find it misses a good portion of the group. The rest of the might comes from blasting fire fields, which while reliable solo is unpredictable in a group. If you aren't running a support build, the only boon that Renegade really gives is might. Even if you try to pulse out alacrity and might, your DPS takes a big hit due to energy demands.

Herald boons are extremely convenient to use: 600 radius, low maintenance pulsing. Herald stacks swiftness, fury, and protection alongside of might.

Archived