A question about HoT meta events.

Veprovina.4876

When is the best time to do Verdant Brink meta events? I was so frustrated today because I'm trying to get Bladed armor chest piece and it's stupidly gated behind an entire map full of people perfectly cooperating to get to Tier 4 map reward (more on that later) to get a chance at getting the chest piece... Through some miracle the map got freaking 99% completion until people just though it was nice to troll and stopped doing events altogether 5 minutes before daybreak.

Why is the chest piece gated behind that? And only the chest piece. You can buy the rest of the armor from the frogs. This is really badly designed because despite seemingly being the purpose to get the map to work together in a coop environment, in practice - this is an MMO. Beyond the novelty of it, people are just gonna do the bosses (those drop chests with loot), and move on. Most of the people already got the armor, and since the T4 doesn't drop anything worthwile beyond the armor (no crafting materials or anything), there is no reason to push that far. The bosses happen regardless of T1 or T4 so for us late to the party (got HoT recently, returning player), sucks to be us!!! And it's a real shame cause bladed armor is the only armor that looks half decent on Charr characters.

Also, this is an MMO... It's full of... people. Like the ones that messed up the event seemingly on purpose. I walked through half the map and people were just standing there.

So with the design mini rant over, let's rant on the LFG system for meta events a bit. I tried to join a squad today that had 50 people in the meta event. We did day quests waiting for night, and when night fell, half the squad wasn't even on our map instance, then the leader kicked everyone out and left with half the players not even being in the map. We barely did half T1 completion.

Because it seems a hell of a lot jumping through hoops for an exotic armor piece. What's more puzzling is, ok, sure, make it a reward for the map cooperating together, but as i said before, the novelty wears of, can't you add it to the frog vendor for like 5000 airship parts instead of 500 like the rest? That way, players who weren't there when HoT started can have a chance at it, it'll take approximately the same time, you do the meta 50 times, but you get your armor even if people aren't pushing for T4. It's a neat system in theory, but it fails in practice.

TL;DR

My final question is... What's the best time to do the event? Are there some groups i can join or contact that go for T4 completion instead of just canopy bosses? What LFG should i use or look for?

You can get the chest piece for completing the hot story I'm pretty sure.

But through events I'd suggest around 7 to 8 pm eastern time on Fridays or afternoon to evening on Saturdays is your best bet. Make sure to join through lfg and find a squad to join trying to complete the map.

Good luck

@Sylent.3165 said:You can get the chest piece for completing the hot story I'm pretty sure.

But through events I'd suggest around 7 to 8 pm eastern time on Fridays or afternoon to evening on Saturdays is your best bet. Make sure to join through lfg and find a squad to join trying to complete the map.

Good luck

The wiki says i can only get it from T4. And the story drops a random bladed armor piece. I already got Helm and Gloves from drops. Don't know about the chest piece. Cause why else would it be a T4 reward if you can just get it randomly? If that's the case then no wonder no one's pushing for T4. Nothing worthwile to get and a lot of work to get it. I got T3 rewards from that trolled 99% completion and i got a few greens, some blues and 2 yellow loot. I mean, yay...

I'm on that map every day, most of the day. Maybe i should take a break and come later... But tomorrow is Path of Fire day and i doubt anyone will be playing Verdant Brink after that.

I mean, it's an exotic armor piece, nothing special. Add it to the vendor for huge price and GG.

I'll try the evening as you suggested but idk... People seemed to abandon this so i might never get the chest piece.

@Haishao.6851 said:Maybe when there's a VB event completer daily soon after reset would be the best time since that's when there would be the most people doing events.Organizing a t4 map with your guild would probably be even better.

I don't have a large guild. I'm new in the guild and from what i understand they returned and are now rebuilding it. So guild is out of the question.And i tried daily, i think there was VB daily one, but still, people did enough events to do the daily, killed the boss and scrammed...

I guess i'll try my luck with the LFG system.

The best time is right after reset and during the weekends. An easy way to help your chances is to take the initiative about 20 minutes before night and ferry people over to your map for that purpose. Have a few other commanders to manage the different outposts. You don't have to be perfect on defending all of the camps as I've often gotten T4 with only just reaching T2 when the bosses spawn. Most of the camps can be done solo by leaving one enemy from a wave alive. Generally though, you don't want more than 3-4 at a camp.

Yeah, usually in see way to many people just following a commander around for no reason... I'll try to join some squads and be more active in map chat to point out what needs doing, maybe I'll reach T4 that way.

If not, I'll bite the bullet and do PvP or WvW, even though I don't like that. People even tell me PvP is the best way to get fast full set of ascended armour, yet I still can't get myself to play it, I get instakilled whatever I do, idk what I'm doing wrong...

Generally the LFG groups that state "going for T4" have enough people actually going for T4 and it works. look at LFG whenever it is about to start and look for a group stating they are doing T4, not just the "doing meta" groups.

I do however understand the implementation of the armor, using it as an incentive for people to do the meta-events. the mistake they've made is not making it obvious enough to people in the map, that getting to T4 gives you a guaranteed chest piece

@FogLeg.9354 said:Once PoF gets released (soon) there wont be any players doing HoT meta events for few months. Just accept that HoT was badly designed and if you missed the launch-rush you will never be able to finish some of the stuff it has.

There will always be some maps organized on the LFG due to people needing to do them for their t2 legendaries.

@FogLeg.9354 said:Once PoF gets released (soon) there wont be any players doing HoT meta events for few months. Just accept that HoT was badly designed and if you missed the launch-rush you will never be able to finish some of the stuff it has.

You're saying that HoT has been dead for some time now? I don't see it. I do the meta on these maps all the time. Right now the game seems filled with new and returning players. They're still going to want to do the HoT story, craft HoT legendaries, max out their masteries, etc. But I guess we'll see what happens.

No matter how much this is repeated (I'm sure I've seen you say this before) it remains untrue. Guildies of mine have only been playing two months and have the chest piece. It's definitely harder to get than it was before, but I can safely say there is not one single thing in HoT that you can't get at this point in time.

When PoF comes out, I'm sure there'll be a period of weeks when it's going to be really hard, maybe even impossible, but that's not unsual in an MMO with a new expansion.

@Vayne.8563 said:

No matter how much this is repeated (I'm sure I've seen you say this before) it remains untrue. Guildies of mine have only been playing two months and have the chest piece. It's definitely harder to get than it was before, but I can safely say there is not one single thing in HoT that you can't get at this point in time.

When PoF comes out, I'm sure there'll be a period of weeks when it's going to be really hard, maybe even impossible, but that's not unsual in an MMO with a new expansion.

The fact that the level cap is and will always be 80 allows us to still enjoy the content on the same difficulty level as before and will still require a big group to complete the meta event's. the old zones remain useful. I still have to get parts in order to get Bo (the asc staff for thieves). I never use staffs but in the future if i discover a nice build that doesuse a staff i'd really try to get it.

Yeah I seriously doubt HoT is gonna "die" when PoF comes out. There's still masteries and stuff to do on that maps regardless of the expansion. I was just commenting on how ridiculous it is that the chest piece is gated like that. Especially since that's the biggest reward for T4 and it only happens once. So there's no real incentive for People to repeat the T4.

Those maps might be lower in players for a while now so I might try WvW or something for the chest piece. And of course, I'm going to be playing path of fire too, but I still haven't completed HoT story or the masteries so no matter what, people are gonna be playing Maguuma maps.

@Veprovina.4876 said:My final question is... What's the best time to do the event? Are there some groups i can join or contact that go for T4 completion instead of just canopy bosses? What LFG should i use or look for?

Check the timer: http://gw2timer.com/ and join Verdant Brink a couple minutes before Night time. Search the LFG for "T4 attempt" groups or, if one doesn't exist, make one. They tend to fill up quickly.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:
My final question is... What's the best time to do the event? Are there some groups i can join or contact that go for T4 completion instead of just canopy bosses? What LFG should i use or look for?

Check the timer:
and join Verdant Brink a couple minutes before Night time. Search the LFG for "T4 attempt" groups or, if one doesn't exist, make one. They tend to fill up quickly.

Thanks i'll try that. I don't know if i'll make one, people might expect me to leat them. :P I'll just search for T4 squads.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Oh my god it worked! I joined a T4 squad and we did it! I completed the set! Thank you all for your help! :D

Glad it worked out :smile:Joining a map going for T4 is all that is needed, they usually succeed.

As for making a squad, you don't actually lead T4 Verdant Brink, because the players need to scatter anyway. The only thing the commander has to do is constantly remind players to spread around the map and do events.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Oh my god it worked! I joined a T4 squad and we did it! I completed the set! Thank you all for your help! :D

I'm so happy it worked out for you. This is what I've been saying for a long time now. There are people who claim this stuff is not possible because not enough people play HoT, but it's just not true. Gratz on getting the chest piece!

Well i never said it was impossible, just "less likely" from a new players perspective. And somewhere down the like it will be impossible when there's not many people playing the game anymore. And it is kinda broken when you think about it, or at least will be.

The rant still stands. :tongue: Maybe i was a little too harsh because of the 99% trolled meta, but i stand by it.Good thing i managed to nab it now cause tomorrow those maps are gonna be empty for some time.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Well i never said it was impossible, just "less likely" from a new players perspective. And somewhere down the like it will be impossible when there's not many people playing the game anymore. And it is kinda broken when you think about it, or at least will be.

The rant still stands. :tongue: Maybe i was a little too harsh because of the 99% trolled meta, but i stand by it.Good thing i managed to nab it now cause tomorrow those maps are gonna be empty for some time.

Sure you never said that but someone else in the thread said this:

". Just accept that HoT was badly designed and if you missed the launch-rush you will never be able to finish some of the stuff it has."

That's what I was referring to. I'm tired of people saying you won't be able to do content if you missed the launch rush which was two years ago now.

Archived