How common is auto-stunbreak botting?

Julius Seizure.4985

I play an off-meta Engineer build that uses Static Discharge and Throw Mine traited for Gadgets. This build works well enough to play in the gold3-plat2 range.

The thing about traited Throw Mine is that you generate a lot of completely unexpected knock back scenarios for players, and I have noticed through video recording that a surprising amount of players seem to stunbreak at basically the exact same frame that the Mine goes off.

So, is this just super human reflexes, or are some players running a stunbreak bot? I don’t know if this is a thing, but I am definitely curious after watching the replays.

Ah, yes. I should have stated that in the OP. Yes, I know what classes have auto stunbreaks, and I also know pretty much which traits they are.

When I see Elixer U go off as fast as a traited auto-stunbreak, or Blink, or Shadowstep etc, it definitely seems off. But I don’t know, some players have amazing reflexes and I have seen them chain stuff unbelievably fast.

I don't ever remember myself geting cced hard enough to make a difference unless I get chein cced by multiple players which is rare, especially since the introduction of Elusive Mind on Mirage. After playing a while breaking stuns literally becomes second nature, your fingers automatically click the buttons associated with it. A random knockback really isn't that much of a surprise to begin with you don't expect to see certain animations before getting cced, you are always ready for them.

@MikeL.8260 said:I don't ever remember myself geting cced hard enough to make a difference unless I get chein cced by multiple players which is rare, especially since the introduction of Elusive Mind on Mirage. After playing a while breaking stuns literally becomes second nature, your fingers automatically click the buttons associated with it. A random knockback really isn't that much of a surprise to begin with you don't expect to see certain animations before getting cced, you are always ready for them.

What Mike said. Not so much in 1v1 but in teamfights it gets impossible to see every taunt, mesmer daze, etc. So i stunbreak the moment i get stunned (When im getting focussed). If im not getting focused i usually wait for it to wear of to not waste skills :D

Archived