Deadeye Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Karl McLain.5604

• ArenaNet Staff

Hiya scoundrels!With the launch of Path of Fire coming up quick, here are the changes (excluding core/daredevil updates) you'll be seeing for the upcoming Deadeye specialization.

• Death's Retreat: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with Assassin's Reward and Lead Attacks
  • Rifle: Fixed an issue where rifle skills could not be reflected properly
  • Spotter Shot: Changed this animation from a hip shot to an aimed shot animation.
  • Deadeye's Mark: Fixed a bad interaction with Hidden Thief that allowed mark to be canceled in order to grant stealth.
  • Three-Round-Burst (Kneeling): Reduced damage by about 16%

For the most part, it's just bug fixes. We did feel that there was a more negative push with Three-Round-Burst in that pressing Death's Judgement was a bad decision, so we ended up slightly lowering TRB's damage. We'll continue to keep an eye on this elite specialization, making changes and balance adjustments as necessary.

The Crystal Desert awaits. We'll see you there soon!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that it? wow I didn't expect so much but this is pretty sad.

Did you guys actually read the feedback?

• malice generation rate
  • mark cast time
  • cantrip cd reduce
  • remove kneel by moving your character

I'm looking forward to changes for core/daredevil because I'm so disappointed right now with the changes for Deadeye, if you see every other elite spec update thread they all got a lot of changes instead of bug fixes.

The two things I wanted to see are not on that list. I'd be OK with one or the other, but neither? Yeash. Malice generation is sluggish, but the real pain to deal with is how clunky marking a target is. Is there a particular reason why it works in the exact opposite way as steal does, in regards to cast times? To be clear, Steal is instant, but the stolen skills have a cast time, whereas Deadeye Mark has an annoying cast time, but the stolen skills are instant cast.

Considering the entire spec revolves around marking and attacking a specific target, in that order, why was that inverted? It messes with the gameplay flow and fluidity of the marking system tremendously.

I don't think reducing rifle's dps even more is a good idea..

But hey, I haven't tried this change on live so I don't know how it will work in pve/wvw/pvp yet. I sincerely hope that they don't make Rifle a dead weaponset that is only used in the most troll fashion.. aka barely at all lol.

I really see high potential for it if you guys can tweak things more.

@Fel.2319 said:I don't think reducing rifle's dps even more is a good idea..

But hey, I haven't tried this change on live so I don't know how it will work in pve/wvw/pvp yet. I sincerely hope that they don't make Rifle a dead weaponset that is only used in the most troll fashion.. aka barely at all lol.

I really see high potential for it if you guys can tweak things more.

Why not? I mean based on demo tests, its DPS was already roughly the same (a little less) than P/P unload spam (both horrible). It was already garbage...might as well make that even more obvious, right?

As I said before, rifle and this entire espec is only good for roleplaying currently, and apparently the devs want to keep it that way.

Taking in consideration of power and condi damage with new stats and the already existing boon steal + corrupt changes I believe its justified to what they are doing with it. Plus also you have to consider the combination of these other elite specs on top of that. Whack-a-mole with a team consisting of mesmer, thief, necro, warrior. You have two kinds of portals and the potential boon corruption. Overall though with changes I've read i'm satisfied with them.

@Karl McLain.5604 said:continue to keep an eye on this elite specialization, making changes and balance adjustments as necessary.

I see what you did there. ;)

@Ballads.2509 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:Hiya scoundrels!(excluding core/daredevil updates)

Uh why does this line have me a little concerned? Please tell me its not that core thief or Daredevil getting changed (aka nerfed) to make Deadeye look better?

Yeah, that did sound very ominous.

@eldrjth.7384 said:Maybe reduce the initiative cost of 3-round burst by 1 if all bullets hit similar to unload or something to offset the dmg nerf. Its sustain is going to be far worse than p/p. Currently I think its only going to be useful in PvP (prob decent at killing squishy guys).

I think they should do this. It felt initiative starved to me. Don't know how you would even do it without trickery line. Wish they would make it so trickery isn't mandatory.

Archived