Another Wintrading Match

DerJoker.9081

Im had yet another duo-team that was not doing anything -.- they sat at spawn for 3/4 of the match and in the very end they died on mid one time.I reported them, asked them and they even said they were wintrading. The one player of the enemy team thanked them at victory screenThey also didnt seem to bother...This was in gold 3, never thought ppl have to wintrade to get out of gold :D

What to do? :( it gets ridiculous

When you see blatant admittance of win trading, take a screen shot and get a hold of me, please. I have a project going concerning this.

But yeah, I went to play a couple ranked matches tonight to burn off decay and two matches in a row I had ridiculous situations happening that screamed "match manipulation". During the 2nd match, I was on my bunker druid at the far point. 2 Scourges and a Firebrand showed up to 3v1 me off their node. I kept these 3 bad players at their home point "my far" for a little over 3 minutes while I watched my team not able to cap or even decap our home and mid in a 4v2. At the end of the match, I asked them what happened? and they told me that 2 of our players were standing off point just watching the other 2 guys repeatedly lose vs. the 2 enemies chasing them around and holding our home mid.

The ranked game mode is... truly broken right now. Arenanet has two options:

1. Enable 5 man teams again so we can eliminate moles who are throwing our games and yes, losing to a 5 man team is in my book, way better of a feeling than losing matches because people on my team are throwing the game.
  2. Move all rewards to unranked and delete ranked because it has become the epitome of the word "depraved". Keeping the game fun is more important than anything else and right now, ranked puts such a bad flavor in any player's mouth, that it's making them walk away from not only the game mode, but Guild Wars 2 entirely.

@Velimere.7685 said:Just because you're in gold 3 doesn't mean everyone else is. I've had platinum 2 matches this season with people doing placement.

Yeah, i know... Sadly that happens way too often with so few players playing -.-Anyway, even in plat 1/2, is wintrading necessary? I got placed in silver 3 ( d´ouh) and im making my way up already, usually i end at plat 1 or 2. Right now my winrate is around 70%, but i guess it will go down once i reach plat.But is it really necessary in gold 3 or plat already? i always thought it would start at plat 3 or legendary :disappointed:

@DerJoker.9081 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:Just because you're in gold 3 doesn't mean everyone else is. I've had platinum 2 matches this season with people doing placement.

Yeah, i know... Sadly that happens way too often with so few players playing -.-Anyway, even in plat 1/2, is wintrading necessary?

I've also been the victim of win-trading in platinum 2 this season, yes.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

The ranked game mode is... truly broken right now. Arenanet has two options:

1. Enable 5 man teams again so we can eliminate moles who are throwing our games and yes, losing to a 5 man team is in my book, way better of a feeling than losing matches because people on my team are throwing the game.
  2. Move all rewards to unranked and delete ranked because it has become the epitome of the word "depraved". Keeping the game fun is more important than anything else and right now, ranked puts such a bad flavor in any player's mouth, that it's making them walk away from not only the game mode, but Guild Wars 2 entirely.

This can be changed by getting rid of seasons and making everyone start at 1200 rating or so, like the very old leaderboard. Besides the activity problem at certain ratings, the problem is that you can have basically anyone at anyrank below 1500 due to placement luck and some builds/setup which can win not requiring you a good capture points map knowledge.

So far what's happening every season : you start back 200 points less than your previous rating, you get back your previous rating after xx games ( these xx games include a lot of matchs where you experience common solo queue issues), and you tend to not bother much once you get your platinum, especially on peak hours. It would be much more enjoyable having a long term goal rather than dealing with the same issues every 3 months

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Ranked is nothing but hackers, botters, afk's and wintrading because Anet refuses to do anything and players know it now.

Best to quit or play unranked.

Found my peace away from the ranked cesspool. Did seasons 1-6 but quit ranked after that. If you are on pvp for fun and not reward hunting or trying to get on a broken cheaterboard then unranked is the place. Mostly stronghold here but ill play a classic conq map now n then even tho circle quest is zzz ZZZ zzz.

@Rufo.3716 said:

In my 60 ranked matches in this season I had:0 hackers0 botters1 afk's (probably internet DC)0 wintradingnoobs always look for excuses, in all games it's the same thing.

You are full of it. Either that or you are just to bad at the game to notice it.

Tragic thing is there are plenty of people who don't even have the awareness to notice someone is afk..

I went afk in one of my placements for like 6 minutes (hey everyone does that, no need for me to explain) and nobody said a word. I was dancing at spawn gate and people went through me several times without a question.

If they can't figure out a way to reward RANKED by individual performance (instead of all-or-nothing WINS), then I am in the "remove ranked" camp and just turn random queue pvp into a place to have fun and to grind rewards (like WoW does with its BGs). If you win your game, you get X pips, if you lose you get Y pips (ideally based on score, but even that opens things up to manipulating).

Way too often there 'happens' to be be duo queued on the enemy team, and leavers on the losing team.Whatever reason may be left to still allow duo queue at lower ratings, it can't be preferable to what's happening now.

Based on what I've been seeing so far, it seems ranked pvp needs mostly 4 things to address certain core problems, including this one:

Solo queue only:

• Leave teams for tournaments and unraked. Or create a separate team league.
  • No matter how fun it may be to be able to play with a friend, time has shown us that it can still create problems and affect the perception of matches for palyers. In some cases it may make them think they have to duo queue too to win, in . It'll be better if there was 2v2 tournaments for players who want to team up like that.

Personal performance.

• Rating needs to account more for personal stats. How often someone gets defeated, how much time they spend in combat, how much score they get to the team, how much their stats indicate they focus better on their role that would be predicted by their build (e.g.: Someone with support skills and traits, a healing amulet and support runes actually doing healing and support)
  • The personal performance calculation could also be used to mark a player as "MVP" of the match. The MVP will get a bit extra rewards like +1 pip, and slightly better rating.
  • There could also be a vote at the end of matches for extra rewards and better rating adjustments for whoever both teams think deserves it:
    • Votes would be secret until all votes are cast or the time to vote is over.
    • Voting for yourself would not be possible until someone else votes for you.
    • Players gain +1 pip and bonus Rank (PvP exp) for voting.
    • Voting for the most voted player would also provide another bonus.
    • The combination of extras for voting, not being able to vote self until voted by someone else, anonymous voting, hiding MvP marker and rewards for voting the most voted player encourage people to actually try to vote the player they considered the best with less bias. Try to keep people being
    • The most voted player gets a slightly better rating adjustment.
    • Records of the votes would be kept each season just for investigation. Just in case someone thinks it's a good idea to try and get people to votes for them with any other method than being the MVP of the match.

Draft matchmaking.A system that allows players to participate in balancing the game by letting them take out of matches builds they deem problematic, toxic or outright broken. It could work, for instance, something like this:

• Instead players queuing with a character, they would queue with builds.
    • There could a build template system, then something like an NPC and panel to set the builds one wants to queue with. To be able to queue for ranked a player would need to set a minimum number of builds with a minimum number of different professions. The builds would have to be different enough to each other to count as separate builds, that is, not having too many traits, skills, and gear in common.
  • At the start of a ranked match, the actual teams are formed. Instead loading a map, players are sent to an alternate 'character selection screen' in the form of a matchmaking panel. The player with the highest rating in each team is appointed as leader, and the leaders in each team take turns banning the builds they do not want from what each player in each team selected.
  • Draft matchmaking would allow the same profession twice in 1 team, but not the same specialization, counting core professions as one, that makes 3 per profession at this time.
  • Once the teams are formed, the characters get loaded and the selected builds applied to them, giving the missing gear if not in their inventories, like when loading the current static templates.
  • Characters chosen during the drafting process will be locked for the match. Trying to relog with any other character will use the same process used to bring the selected character to bring it again.
  • When waiting in queue, it would not matter which character you are using at the moment anymore. So you could be completing maps playing with a revenant while queuing with guardian, warrior and thief.

Improved AI.There will always be leavers and AFKers. So at the very least the system should take over the character if the player refuses to play. There has to be an AI capable of playing with a certain semblance of competency. I'm taliking AI doing things that it never does now, like using profession mechanics, jumping and using skills on the move.Improved AI would also be usable for custom matches to fill the gaps when not all team slots all full, and for players to train against, and to learn in tutorials.

Unfortunately, none of that is likely to ever happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived