Returning 80 ranger from way back when

Arrys.7145

Appears fortunately I played around with power alot so have good longbows and most of a marauder and soldier armor set.

Before I start putting points in druid or soul which should I do first. Have 60 At the moment.

What should I know before I invest capital in gear?

Well I'd honestly would wait till Tuesday has, apparently the patch got leaked on Reddit, and theres going to be extensive changes to soulbeast and ranger itself is getting is balance pass.

Anyways currently druid is the most sought after spec in pve, as it does great support for dps increase on allies, and healing. For wvw and PvP there's an extremely powerful bunker build.

However soulbeast is hella fun and great for bursts or a Condi dps.

For pve just go zerker and you should be able to do content just fine

PvP, WvW and PvE all need Druid and it shouldn't be heavily affected by the patch other than possibly in PvP. Both specs are unlocked in PvP anyway and no need for gear investment there. IMO it would depend on what role you want to play in WvW, Druid is heal/support and soulbeast can be backline power sniper or condi dps. Druid is probably stronger at roaming because it has more sustain, that's also what makes it stronger in PvP.

@Prophet.1584 said:PvP, WvW and PvE all need Druid and it shouldn't be heavily affected by the patch other than possibly in PvP. Both specs are unlocked in PvP anyway and no need for gear investment there. IMO it would depend on what role you want to play in WvW, Druid is heal/support and soulbeast can be backline power sniper or condi dps. Druid is probably stronger at roaming because it has more sustain, that's also what makes it stronger in PvP.

Thanks. I play both styles (Heal support/ Power damage harassment). They have done well improving even basic power builds. LB hits much better than it did at game release. 3 full skill lines is much less constrained and the skill synergy has improved. They have done pretty well for the ranger class since I left.

I don't really do condi DPS. hated the shortbow meta at game release and experimented with bunker pet and spirit builds etc.

Have a decent amount of new game to get through for hero points, masteries etc. Think that will top my hero points for both druid and soul.

@Arrys.7145 said:

@"Prophet.1584" said:PvP, WvW and PvE all need Druid and it shouldn't be heavily affected by the patch other than possibly in PvP. Both specs are unlocked in PvP anyway and no need for gear investment there. IMO it would depend on what role you want to play in WvW, Druid is heal/support and soulbeast can be backline power sniper or condi dps. Druid is probably stronger at roaming because it has more sustain, that's also what makes it stronger in PvP.

Thanks. I play both styles (Heal support/ Power damage harassment). They have done well improving even basic power builds. LB hits much better than it did at game release. 3 full skill lines is much less constrained and the skill synergy has improved. They have done pretty well for the ranger class since I left.

I don't really do condi DPS. hated the shortbow meta at game release and experimented with bunker pet and spirit builds etc.

Have a decent amount of new game to get through for hero points, masteries etc. Think that will top my hero points for both druid and soul.

That's basically what i do, heal support for raids/fractals and wvw, power dps for most open world stuff and world bosses. if you wvw much or still have currencies from way back when you can "buy" your hero points there as well. Masteries have to be unlocked on those maps but the HoT maps have really good events and good loot.

Just messed around with druid in calculator. Dam that created some options. DO skills like lingering light proc of procced heals? so regens gained etc or only casted heal skill.

And can they trigger on yourself. Bubble shield potential.

Theoretical potential is very high.

Archived