Renegade Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Renegade Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

13>

Comments

• Ealandur.1876Ealandur.1876 Member ✭✭
    edited September 22, 2017

It sticks around, I know that, but common, trading so much Energy on that skill instead of something else is Really not worth it, the skill is extremely weak and you don't need QTFY to tell you things that you can see yourself with simple Math and Logic.

It's nice to have hope for the Renegade and I do to, but we need to address the problems if we see them as soon as possible and not wait another couple of [Insert Time] for it to be fixed.

If we want good changes for any issue that pops up, be it a Profession that we don't play or even a Game Mode that we don't play, then we must react to it honestly if we seek a better Future for the Game.

• Ertrak.9506Ertrak.9506 Member ✭✭✭

@Ardent Heretic.8216 said:

@guildabd.6529 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

• Razorclaw's Rage: Added a removal limiter on the unique buff to prevent it from blowing out. Now has a maximum grant of 50 stacks of bleeding over 10 seconds if affecting 5 allies.

So 10 stacks bleeding per ally?

That appears to be the case. Also, I believe the Devspeak regarding the "removal limiter" means that the buff which applies the bleed won't be removed if your ally attacks while the buff is on its internal cd. Otherwise, an ally could "blow out" all their stacks without actually applying the bleeds.
    I am curious to know if the stacks will be removed when an attack is blocked/evaded, however. My assumption is that it will.

Thank you very vey much for this explanation. For the life of me i could not figure out what this meant

• Ertrak.9506Ertrak.9506 Member ✭✭✭

@aimz.6287 said:

>

Last, I do not care how many stacks of bleed you put. If the ally is not condi build the value drops to obsecurity real quick.

>

Just a quick thing. The bleeding inflicted by the buff is actually based on the casters (revs) stats in this particular case.

Also i think that it is ok that this sec is more pve focused and not that useful in pvp. Herald is an absolute amazing spec for pvp and wvw but pve was where the rev was really lacking relative to other classes.

• Jthug.9506Jthug.9506 Member ✭✭✭

@Ealandur.1876 said:
    It sticks around, I know that, but common, trading so much Energy on that skill instead of something else is Really not worth it, the skill is extremely weak and you don't need QTFY to tell you things that you can see yourself with simple Math and Logic.

It's nice to have hope for the Renegade and I do to, but we need to address the problems if we see them as soon as possible and not wait another couple of [Insert Time] for it to be fixed.

If we want good changes for any issue that pops up, be it a Profession that we don't play or even a Game Mode that we don't play, then we must react to it honestly if we seek a better Future for the Game.

I agree that you should call em like you see em, I just disagree with the notion that Kalla's elite is all that and a bag of chips.

• Kidel.2057Kidel.2057 Member ✭✭✭

So Math proves that 3/18 skills are worth using, including the AA. Nice

@Kidel.2057 said:
    So Math proves that 3/18 skills are worth using, including the AA. Nice

What?

• sleight.9638sleight.9638 Member

@sleight.9638 said:
    Has the Blood Fury bug been fixed, that prevented it from granting the Bleeding Duration Bonus?

Nope it's not fixed.
    Which is really disappointing as this was the first thing i reported after 5 minutes after launch of beta testing.
    Which would have been 3 minutes if I didn't dc on my 1st report attempt.

@sleight.9638 said:

@sleight.9638 said:
    Has the Blood Fury bug been fixed, that prevented it from granting the Bleeding Duration Bonus?

Nope it's not fixed.
    Which is really disappointing as this was the first thing i reported after 5 minutes after launch of beta testing.

GDI!!!! this was THE #1 problem WTH ANET

You know I reported this in the bugs forum on Saturday morning of the PvPWvW demo weekend as well, and they must have ignored it. My first thought was maybe it's working but just not applying to the tooltip. So I ran arc dps and just auto-attacked with and without the trait. IT HAD NO EFFECT, IT'S BROKEN. This time I am going to make a youtube video and link it in the bugs forum as well as here, just as soon as I get online after work. Son of a kitten.

• Is it me, or was the cosmetic thing just hte icons? Seems the summons themselves are the same.

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:

@aimz.6287 said:
    FOR EVERYONE SAYING THAT THE BLEEDS ISNT GOOD IS STUPID LOL, First thing is first, 50 stacks of bleed WILL ALWAYS happen you will always have 50 stacks, people hit 10 attacks at least every 10 secs easily 50 will stack condi warrior stacks 30 bleeds for 10k imagine 20 more bleeds.... ur gonna be doing like 15-18k bleeds guys.... stop complaining use ur Brain.... renegade REVENANTs dmg will be amazing in pve really really good. Now imagine 15k torment 12k burning 15k bleeds 4K poison 46k JUST CONDITIONS and revenants power dmg is also really impressive the dmg will be impressive all u haters will see you guys just don't open up ur mind

Lol... I can apply this logic to any shareable skill, including passive auras, and will get he same result if not even better. This is clearly not how you measure anything.

First, this will never happen anywhere in PvP. In fact this utility in particular should never ever be used in PvP at all. If you are not reserving all your energy for daze + CC break utility you are not going to last very long.

Second how does this compare to other alternative skills? This comes at the cost of soulcleave. Really hard sell to use here considering soulcleave damage and sustainability.

Last, I do not care how many stacks of bleed you put. If the ally is not condi build the value drops to obsecurity real quick.

I won't go as far as calling this utility terrible, but there is a much better alternative in almost every situation in every game mode.

I haven't metered this yet... Is it confirmed that the bleeds use your allies stats like Sunspirit's burns do? Or do they use your stats like Thief's poisons do?

@Jthug.9506 said:

@sleight.9638 said:

@sleight.9638 said:

Nope it's not fixed.

GDI!!!! this was THE #1 problem WTH ANET

You know I reported this in the bugs forum on Saturday morning of the PvPWvW demo weekend as well, and they must have ignored it. My first thought was maybe it's working but just not applying to the tooltip. So I ran arc dps and just auto-attacked with and without the trait. IT HAD NO EFFECT, IT'S BROKEN. This time I am going to make a youtube video and link it in the bugs forum as well as here, just as soon as I get online after work. Son of a kitten.

• Exalted Quality.8534Exalted Quality.8534 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2017

As has been well-documented on these forums in the past, Alacrity is of little-to-no use for Revs because the inherent energy management means we are relegated to using one upkeep skill and auto-attacking until the legend swap recharges. Since the Devs seem determined to cram alacrity down our throats, I propose adding or modifying the functionality to any one of the currently underwhelming Renegade traits to "While under the effects of Alacrity, all skills cost 5 less energy."

Thoughts?