Renegade Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

• ArenaNet Staff

Welcome legendary Revenants,

The mists will soon be opening a path to the shifting sands of the Crystal Desert. There you may learn the invoke the fiery wrath of Kalla Scorchrazor and the Razor warband she led. Since you first had the chance to invoke her power as your own during the Demo we’ve made a few changes as we’ve listened to feedback and tuned this specialization.

• Heroic Command: Decreased energy cost from 20 -> 15
  • Citadel Bombardment: Decreased energy cost from 40 -> 35
  • Orders From Above: Decreased energy cost from 30 -> 25
  • Shattershot: Fixed a few bugs that caused this ability to pierce incorrectly when traited.
  • Bloodbane Path: Increased the duration of bleeding inflicted by this ability from 5s to 7s. Reduced energy cost from 5 to 4.
  • Sevenshot: Increased torment duration from 3s to 4s. Reduced energy cost from 10 to 7. Increased CD from 6 to 7.
  • Spiritcrush: Increased burn duration from 1s to 2s. Reduced cost of Spiritcrush from 15 to 12, increased CD from 8 to 9.
  • Scorchrazor: Reduced cost from 20 to 16 and increased CD from 10s to 12s.
  • Breakrazor's Bastion: Increased heal scaling and base value of for both the initial and heal over time. Increased % reduction of condition damage from 33% to 50%. Removed Stunbreak.
  • Darkrazor's Daring: Decreased energy cost from 35 -> 30, added stunbreak and initial stability on cast.
  • Razorclaw's Rage: Added a removal limiter on the unique buff to prevent it from blowing out. Now has a maximum grant of 50 stacks of bleeding over 10 seconds if affecting 5 allies.
  • Icerazor's Ire: Increase damage from individual missiles.

Overall we sought to ease some of the energy constraints caused by shortbow energy costs with minor tweaks to them, reduced the profession energy costs to encourage their use while channeling other legends, and modified several of the warband summons to better balance their tactical applications. While we’ve made these functionality and numeric changes there has also been a visual overhaul of the Razor warband summons, conjuring images of ambushes and raids that the Charr of old have become famous for.

The time to fight fire with fire approaches!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good start toward making Renegade viable in PvP and WvW. Although I still don't think it will be very good at this juncture, this is a step in the right direction and shows us that you really do listen to our feedback and take it into account. Thank you very much for that.

I'm especially pleased with the change of the stunbreak to Darkrazor's Daring, and hopefully the buff to the heal coefficients on the heal skill make it worth using as well.

Hopefully this goes a long way toward making Kalla more useful in PvP gamemodes.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Set.7461 said:Can Spiritcrush be used behind you now or is that the same?

Edit: also is the missing missles bug fixed with Sevenshot?

Spiritcrush remains targeted and can only be used in a direction you can see.

At least one bug with disappearing missiles was fixed with Sevenshot, so tentatively yes :)

I really like the changes the only potential problem I see is there is no swiftness available with any of the skills or traits. I guess the only problem will either be to choose innvocation for the small amount of swiftness or using speed sigil or traveller runes. Other than that looks excellent especially some condition management besides mallyx :D

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Spiritcrush remains targeted and can only be used in a direction you can see.

At least one bug with disappearing missiles was fixed with Sevenshot, so tentatively yes :)

I really hope you reconsider changing that. It's essentially like a dragonhunter's LB 4(symbol of energy) which can be used behind. SB doesn't have any defense so whatever skills we can use while kiting makes a big difference. Regardless, I'm glad the devs listened to our feedback and I'm excited to try out renegade this Friday. Thank you.

I am very interested to see what "While we’ve made these functionality and numeric changes there has also been a visual overhaul of the Razor warband summons, conjuring images of ambushes and raids that the Charr of old have become famous for." Looks like.

All the posted changes are needed but they all look like not enough. None of the f skills look usable.

Time will tell. i hope that you do more tweeks over time because it looks cool but i would love to use it in pvp.

And dont tell me its a pve elite and not a pvp one.... What are the other professions then?

@DevisedDemise.2608 said:Are the spirits/summons still open to cc and damage in PVE? and if so can you please look into that? having them interrupted/killed instantly makes using them, rather difficult

The fact they can be CC'd and damaged makes this class useless in WvW. If the summons could not be CC'd or Damaged, this could see some use

But still warband summons will be killable and suffer from CC. Additionally: 0 movement abilities, 0 condi cleanse, Darkrazor's Daring will serve only as stun breaker, Icerazor's Ire still without chill (it's ICErazor's ire[????]) to have synergy with corruption trait line, lack of some boons. I can't imagine this viable neither in PvP nor WvW :(P.S. can warbands be summoned while standing in the water (water like in Spirit Watch map), because during the beta there was error saying they can not be summoned in the water ;x

I cant say one negative thing! they responded, they made some changes, looks like they listened to a few of us (stunbreak removal on heal).....so yea, WAY TO GO ANET!!!Energy dropped a bit as well. Awesome to know that a company does take to hart what the player base has to say! Cant wait now Renegade!!! ;)

I welcome the shortbow and it's condi skills plus the new profession mechanic "fervor" which greatly buffs my condi dmg.

I will however NOT be using the subpar energy heavy legend utilities at all.Until they make them worth it, which, the way I mean that will probably never happen.energy is a great idea, but honestly if you're gonna give me kitten CD anyway, I'd rather just keep the CD and get rid of energy entirely.

When Revenant was 1st pitched I totally imagined the following scenario:

Oh energy cost, that sounds awesome.I can use my skills however I see fit and only be limited by how much energy I have left.Energy prioritization and management will be an interesting balancing act to pull off.

And than we got energy cost plus a mundane every other class CD !!!

Another thing that makes me angry.....

Hollow smith gets traits for extra max heat and can stay in high heat, has flexibility tons of it.Thief gets traits that both increase max initiative and gains initiative on skill use plus refund of initiative on meeting certain conditions.

Revenants get diddly squat !No traits that enhance max energy or energy regen.No energy refund on meeting certain conditions, no energy back from traits.energy resets to 50% on swap, this is both good and bad, but as usual more bad than good.

Man this feels like getting the short end of the stick every single time.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

*Heroic Command: Decreased energy cost from 20 -> 15 - change to 10

• Citadel Bombardment: Decreased energy cost from 40 -> 35 - change to 15 and cd to 20. dmg buff burning 5 sec 2 stack each
  • Orders From Above: Decreased energy cost from 30 -> 25 no one will use it. this skill doesnt renew anything.few suggestions: 1. you can renew the healing skill, 2.you can put regeneration and immunity to condition dmg for 5 sec, 3. you can give 50% conditions dmg reduction and cleanse 5 conditions. but anything that renew. alacrity is not needed even in pve its like 2 sec cd which cost 25 nrg.
  • Shattershot: Fixed a few bugs that caused this ability to pierce incorrectly when traited. bleed duration need to be 4 or 5 sec
  • Bloodbane Path: Increased the duration of bleeding inflicted by this ability from 5s to 7s. Reduced energy cost from 5 to 4. nice buff gg
  • Sevenshot: Increased torment duration from 3s to 4s. Reduced energy cost from 10 to 7. Increased CD from 6 to 7.increase to 5 sec as its hard to hit the full stacks as you must be perfectly ranged. you can add that each arrow hits 2 stacks . as for now its only cover condition.
  • Spiritcrush: Increased burn duration from 1s to 2s. Reduced cost of Spiritcrush from 15 to 12, increased CD from 8 to 9.i'll check and tell you if its good
  • Scorchrazor: Reduced cost from 20 to 16 and increased CD from 10s to 12s.i would buff the direct dmg part
  • Breakrazor's Bastion: Increased heal scaling and base value of for both the initial and heal over time. Increased % reduction of condition damage from 33% to 50%. Removed Stunbreak.you didnt mention how much scaling you did... i wish % reduction would add one to each other like 50%+33% but they dont so the max reduction for now is 66% while we dont have condi cleanse at all
  • Darkrazor's Daring: Decreased energy cost from 35 -> 30, added stunbreak and initial stability on cast.nice work gg
  • Razorclaw's Rage: Added a removal limiter on the unique buff to prevent it from blowing out. Now has a maximum grant of 50 stacks of bleeding over 10 seconds if affecting 5 allies.pve only
  • Icerazor's Ire: Increase damage from individual missiles.how much increase and please give it chill condition

over all good directions.no one will use citadel orders abilities f2-f4 - cost effective not worth it. maybe in pve but not in pvp or wvw.i think sb needs more direct dmg so this weapon can be good hybrid which can be very unique to this legend. its conditions dmg is rather low. so maybe in use for pve but hardly pvp or wvwthis legend miss condi cleanse while dont have much pressure to give so it will be very very weak versus conditions. so in wvw and pvp again can be hard to play with. which get me to the point i think you create it for pve content only.

have you notice renegade get the most fixes but also the lowest response from community . ANET we need more dmg buff to sb. more cleanse . easy fix by using f2-f4 to support us with cleanse, dmg and break stun

f2 - gain might and cleanse 1 condition for each stack of kalla you hadf3 - our huge dmg skill so buff itf4 - our team support skill. renew our heal skill as mention above

BOOM you have team support and self sustain class

Archived