IDEA: WvW lobby — Guild Wars 2 Forums

IDEA: WvW lobby

Skill.3260Skill.3260 Member ✭✭

A place for WvW people to hang out. I'm thinking that all players that has spent a certain amount of hours in WvW.. or are a certain rank would have access to this lobby.
The lobby would be connected to servers, allowing team chat to function and allowing players to tick out participation without taking spot on WvW maps.

In the lobby we would have bank, trading post, crafting stations and an arena (So you can test your build against others from same server without needing to jump into PvP).
Meaning that you don't have to worry about PvP-builds and leaving WvW when you have participation.
Also.. if alliance system will be put in, this could be an additional map for guilds to recruit veteran players that don't yet have a guild.

Comments

  • Rampage.7145Rampage.7145 Member ✭✭✭

    Could use EoTM as WvW lobby that would be sweet just play arround the map as we are waiting

    VR Driver
    Salty beavers top guild 2 years in a row back to back, the double champs
    https://saltybeavers.com/

  • Skill.3260Skill.3260 Member ✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018

    Just put together a pictures of the different spawns.. https://i.imgur.com/6X8YQ4d.jpg
    Could put down crafting stations in the red circles and move frost imp to orange X.
    Just need participation to be same as the WvW maps and a place for roamers to try out builds against each other.

    If alliance system happens.. add support for team chat and change map to be locked to each matchup.

  • Combine this with the ability to "tick down" in the lobby and a "lobby buff", and you give people an incentive to leave active maps.

    The "lobby buff" would work a bit like "Outnumbered." It would be applied with the first tick after entering the lobby and do the following:

    • Add a bonus pip per future ticks (giving an incentive to remain, unless you intend to play).
    • Add a dampener during the next tick, in which would prevent the earning of participation while the buff is active

    The buff would probably have to last more than 5 minutes in order to avoid people warping back/forth between lobby & 'real' wvw to game the system.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Mysteriax.6049Mysteriax.6049 Member ✭✭✭

    Either EOTM or Obsidian Sanctum would make a good WvW lobby. I'm fine with either.

  • joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Would like this.

    Another option for map is to just cut out citadel from alpine, restore the crafting stations etc, toss in some test golems and a couple of dueling arenas.

    Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "GW2 is a MSOFGG: Mass Singleplayer Online Fashion Grinding Game" -me

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2018

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Combine this with the ability to "tick down" in the lobby and a "lobby buff", and you give people an incentive to leave active maps.

    The "lobby buff" would work a bit like "Outnumbered." It would be applied with the first tick after entering the lobby and do the following:

    • Add a bonus pip per future ticks (giving an incentive to remain, unless you intend to play).
    • Add a dampener during the next tick, in which would prevent the earning of participation while the buff is active

    The buff would probably have to last more than 5 minutes in order to avoid people warping back/forth between lobby & 'real' wvw to game the system.

    Lobby Buff is a cool idea, but it would be very easily abused.

    How about that: staying in lobby makes your participation fall twice as long as in other maps, but switching from Lobby to any normal WvW map cuts your participation tier in half. If you entered the lobby with after freshly flipped keep and T6 participation, you can stand there for 20 minutes before your participation decays, but if you switch to EB/Border you start with T3 participation.

    So if you just want to wait for a queue and hang out with people/read team chat/check WvW vendors, you don't care about participation if your queue pops. But you have a problem if you want an easy AFK pip farm, as you need to work a bit for pips to start flowing again.

    @joneirikb.7506 said:
    Would like this.

    Another option for map is to just cut out citadel from alpine, restore the crafting stations etc, toss in some test golems and a couple of dueling arenas.

    Dueling Arena in WvW with WvW combat rules, oh god yes please.

    [NUKE]

  • Skill.3260Skill.3260 Member ✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018

    Will share the whole idea I had in mind when I came up with idea for Lobby (for you all to give feedback on the whole Idea I had in mind from start).

    1st: Get a lobby that players can access for ticking out, while doing so.. also clear out inventory or craft. (Current post)
    2nd: Make it so players can't queue up to full maps without being in WvW. Since you might have 20-30 queue on eb and no one helping to defend other maps, as they are outside of WvW; If all maps would been full, people can hang out in lobby while waiting (Just happened on EU T1.. lost a keep to 3-4 enemies, even when using ewp).

    Still think lobby would been a nice addition to WvW even if the second point won't go through.

    EDIT: Gave me an idea.. ANet could also track participation while in queue if they are going to track how valuable players are.
    (Shows players dedication to their server/alliance)
    EDIT 2: This wouldn't work in the lobby.. since you are there to ticking out. Maybe just track time in queue?

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skill.3260 said:

    {snip}

    2nd: Make it so players can't queue up to full maps without being in WvW. Since you might have 20-30 queue on eb and no one helping to defend other maps, as they are outside of WvW; If all maps would been full, people can hang out in lobby while waiting (Just happened on EU T1.. lost a keep to 3-4 enemies, even when using ewp).

    >

    How would that s stop them from sitting in spawn of one of the other maps doing nothing?

    You can't force people to play on maps they don't like.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

    Lion's Arch too would be a good idea

    Why So Serious?

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Skill.3260 said:
    [snip]
    2nd: Make it so players can't queue up to full maps without being in WvW. Since you might have 20-30 queue on eb and no one helping to defend other maps, as they are outside of WvW; If all maps would been full, people can hang out in lobby while waiting (Just happened on EU T1.. lost a keep to 3-4 enemies, even when using ewp).

    >

    How would that s stop them from sitting in spawn of one of the other maps doing nothing?

    You can't force people to play on maps they don't like.

    It's not to force them to play, its to make them more aware of what is happening in WvW.
    Some people see a queue on a map and queues up for that, without having any idea what is going on in that map. If they join a WvW map, they can see if we are pressuring a keep or defending a keep.. or even if there might be guilds raiding on that border.

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just no.
    If you want to talk in team chat, hang out in obsidium sanctum.
    If you want to craft go to Lion's Arch or a major city/vip pass area.
    If you want to duel go to your guild hall or the pvp lobby and find a map.

    The last thing we need is for some of those things to be happening on active wvw maps. And the game already has/had development time put into it.
    How about we let them work on actual game problems, and not try to make problems where none currently exists.

    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

  • Yes, please convert Obsidian Sanctum into a wvw lobby. Pleeaase?

  • BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skill.3260 said:
    A place for WvW people to hang out. I'm thinking that all players that has spent a certain amount of hours in WvW.. or are a certain rank would have access to this lobby.
    The lobby would be connected to servers, allowing team chat to function and allowing players to tick out participation without taking spot on WvW maps.

    In the lobby we would have bank, trading post, crafting stations and an arena (So you can test your build against others from same server without needing to jump into PvP).
    Meaning that you don't have to worry about PvP-builds and leaving WvW when you have participation.
    Also.. if alliance system will be put in, this could be an additional map for guilds to recruit veteran players that don't yet have a guild.

    EOTM is the WvW lobby.....

  • Nidome.1365Nidome.1365 Member ✭✭✭

    You can tick out and get your pips (it just doesn't display the reward bar) in OS as well as use team chat.

  • This is what EOTM and Obsidian Sanctum are for. Use those and you will be fine. This is what Anet has provided. I highly doubt they will make a lobby just for WvW players since you already have two options.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They should allow you to tic down in EotM or something. Add in crafting area and stuff.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • coglin.1496coglin.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    @Mysteriax.6049 said:
    Either EOTM or Obsidian Sanctum would make a good WvW lobby. I'm fine with either.

    Wait, those are not currently WvW lobbies already?

    Do not confuse your objective opinion with that of objective fact. Remember, what you say matters, not what you meant to say.

  • Yeah, maybe I or we need WvW Arena for Dueling/Testing Build/GvG or whatever...
    "But we already have Guild Hall Arena for that", yep indead but the skill versions are for PvE not WvW...
    Sorry for Bad English...

  • Mysteriax.6049Mysteriax.6049 Member ✭✭✭

    They should just convert that Aetherblade spike area in the middle of the EOTM map to a giant arena.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.