Remove Bounty Respawn Timer

I disagree, besides when it's a Daily I see Bounty trains all the time...at least on NA, there's even a Bounty Train guild and we do bounties every night except Monday and Friday(and Holidays). The squad is always full and we usually do 2 or 3 maps a night, every single bounty in each map...if one is not on the board we sometimes go back and get it(usually only for the Legendary). The wait for the Champion bounties is 15 minutes(or less, sometimes, think it depends on whether it's successful or not...I've actually seen them respawn on the board much faster than that). It's 30 for the Legendaries but that isn't really a big deal, it's not like you can't do other activities waiting for them to repopulate. I'd prefer they keep the timer and not limit the daily reward from killing the same bounty, what if someone wanted to run a train on the same map for 8 hours...you'd be crippling the people doing that.

• 11 months later...

I think its more a lack of information as to what is going on.

Like, if there is no bounty on the board, does that mean someone has it and hasn't gone to the event. Or does it mean the event is on cooldown? If its on cooldown, when should one check the board again?

Usually people like to be active, so that means not staying by the board and sucking you thumb to wait for it to pop up again.

@Nova.7261 said:I think its more a lack of information as to what is going on.

Like, if there is no bounty on the board, does that mean someone has it and hasn't gone to the event. Or does it mean the event is on cooldown? If its on cooldown, when should one check the board again?

Usually people like to be active, so that means not staying by the board and sucking you thumb to wait for it to pop up again.

No bounty on the board means it is on cooldown. It remains up until it is killed or the times elapsed. A cooldown timer would be useful though

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Nova.7261 said:I think its more a lack of information as to what is going on.

No bounty on the board means it is on cooldown. It remains up until it is killed or the times elapsed. A cooldown timer would be useful though

If that's the case then legendaries are practically on perma cooldown for me.More often then not, someone who can't do them prematurely starts their timers by going to the area and failing.

I don't believe the elapsed bounty timer will start until someone either takes the bounty and/or goes to the area.

Legendary bosses are difficult to bring down and its even harder to do when trying to coordinate people's time spent in the game with a lack of information.The only reason to do those bounties now is for one time achievements, as other legendary bosses and content are easier to activate. For a good fight, there's always the Encoded Orders. The legendary that spawns for that makes for one hell of a mess.

The time limit starts counting down when the mob is spawned which involves picking up the bounty and getting within 2000ish range.

The cooldown timer starts after it dies or despawn.

People starting the legendary bounties without knowing what they are getting into is a problem. A potential fix is to shorten the respawn for those in the case of running out of time.

The legendary bounties aren't particularly challenging especially when compared to some of the champion bounties.

As for the legendary bandit executioners that is much easier with fewer people since the breakbar actually gets broken.

No, people attack legendary because its amusing. There's virtually no penalty for death, so there is no real reason not to if you find it interesting. The only real penalty is for everyone 'else' around you that might enjoy a serious attempt at killing it, and can't because of a twerp that will never get scolded. 2 min of fun for them, could be 30min wait for you.

This short gif explains the mentality of people who like to poke Legendaries...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/nope-badger/

There are plenty of people who enjoy trying to solo kill champions, and legendaries are a step up from that. Successfully killing a legendary solo is one help of an accomplishment in Gw2.

The other issue is people starting the bounty thinking others will just show up because they did and help them finish it.

• 1 year later...