I guess Scourge will need Mainhand Dagger even more now (PvE)

Kam.4092

At least the addition of 3% Life Force for enemies struck by Harrowing Wave was added.

I was hoping Life Force costs would be reduced, but maybe there's a Viper's stat set that swaps Power for Vitality.

The first thing I was going to do after unlocking Scourge was go to the training area. I hope it's not bad results. :/

@HardRider.2980 said:Seems Scourge is going to be tricky to get right - build wise... We're going to need Condition Damage, duration as well as Vitality in order to get the best out of our lifeforce.. something Vipers does not have...

We're a tricky pickle v.v lol

@Kam.4092 said:

@Lily.1935 said:Likely wont be enough to make it raid viable. Though fractals I'd still say just run scepter/torch and staff... Honestly. Embrace the staff! It is really good.

I know. I'd use both depending on the Fractal.

Yeah. Not saying staff is perfect, could use a condition on its auto. like 2-3 seconds of torment or something, and another bleed on Mark of blood. but beyond that it honestly doesn't need much.

@Lily.1935 said:

@Kam.4092 said:

@Lily.1935 said:Likely wont be enough to make it raid viable. Though fractals I'd still say just run scepter/torch and staff... Honestly. Embrace the staff! It is really good.

Yeah. Not saying staff is perfect, could use a condition on its auto. like 2-3 seconds of torment or something, and another bleed on Mark of blood. but beyond that it honestly doesn't need much.

wrong. It needs something big. Staff needs to be FUNNY . But that would take too much resources from Anet to do it.

@vicious.5683 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@Kam.4092 said:

wrong. It needs something big. Staff needs to be
FUNNY
. But that would take too much resources from Anet to do it.

So we need to laugh at Staff for it to be good?

@HardRider.2980 said:Seems Scourge is going to be tricky to get right - build wise... We're going to need Condition Damage, duration as well as Vitality in order to get the best out of our lifeforce.. something Vipers does not have...

It was obvious Viper will go alongside with another combination of trinkets. Will be mix, which is fine.

@Zefiris.8297 said:Being forced to use staff would be the worst possible outcome, because it's probably our least skill or thought dependent weapon by far :/

No, that title goes to dagger main hand. Its literally just auto attack and use skill two if you're in a pinch. Immob is good, but its probably the simplest weapon. Oh, sure the addition of bonus damage if bleeding is nice, but really think about it, the dagger isn't used for much beyond generating that sweet sweet life force.

Now, I'm not going to say that that's a bad thing. Being a low skilled weapon is fine. Its not bad, but its not an argument against staff. Staff being boring? Okay, fair. I can agree with that. It is pretty simple in terms of effects and animation.

Archived