NPC ideas

MadLass.3821

So I recently went back to HoT and during the DS meta I was amazed again at what I had forgotten. Seeing the mouth of mordremoth loom over you and start devouring platforms felt truly terrifying and survival insticts kicked in and I became aware of things I hadn't before. So I got thinking, we need more of these scary beasts in the next expansion. And don't worry, I thought of cute quaggans too, we also need more cute NPCs. So I decided to make this poll as I read 5 pages of the forum and didnt see a similar post so sorry if this is repeated cuz I can't read 20 pages in 5 min. But anyway, what are your thoughts for new NPCs?

For me, there are different types of NPCs:

• The "background" ones, as in the ones simply wandering around in the different places, without playing a role else than populating (town, camps, home instance...). For those, I would not like more but I would appreciate that the existing ones are more varied. Too often, lot of them are looking exactly the same. It is understandable, but more individualities would be nice.
  • The NPCs with whom we interact in explorable, as in out of storylines instances (merchants, crafting station masters, heart quests, ....): Amount of them is fixed by the requirements.
  • The NPCs we confront in storylines, like the monster OP is talking about: I would prefer more of the cute type, but the terrifying ones are fun too. For that category, I vote both, however with one reserve (personal opinion only): That it does not result in additional and/or longer dialogs of the not-skippable type please. :)

Wait, that tiny face on the little PC screen made your survival instincts kick in? I'd have probably had that issue if I was playing on an 80 - 100 foot theater screen, otherwise the size able to be presented on a PC screen, even if you have 30+ inches of pixelation isn't enough to instill fright in me(no matter how much I'm immersed in the game).

@Zaklex.6308 said:Wait, that tiny face on the little PC screen made your survival instincts kick in? I'd have probably had that issue if I was playing on an 80 - 100 foot theater screen, otherwise the size able to be presented on a PC screen, even if you have 30+ inches of pixelation isn't enough to instill fright in me(no matter how much I'm immersed in the game).

Well, it helps if you are playing at midnight..... :P

@MadLass.3821 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Better AI.

And please no more stupid quaggan/kodan slow cute talk. Bitterfrost was made bad by their duo presence despite an awesome zone.

That's where I disagree. Read up on quaggans and kodan and you will see A: Why quaggans talk the way they do. And B: why they are in the same place as kodans.

i get that they are there because they are supposed to be, i just cannot stand that duo for an entire LS Episode. Having braham behave like a teenage girl didn't help things either.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Better AI.

And please no more stupid quaggan/kodan slow cute talk. Bitterfrost was made bad by their duo presence despite an awesome zone.

That's where I disagree. Read up on quaggans and kodan and you will see A: Why quaggans talk the way they do. And B: why they are in the same place as kodans.

i get that they are there because they are supposed to be, i just cannot stand that duo for an entire LS Episode. Having braham behave like a teenage girl didn't help things either.

Ok, I admit Braham is annoying.

Archived