Foefire Lord too weak and gives too much

sephiroth.4217

The main weakness of the lord and accompanying AI is precisely that. It's AI. It makes profoundly stupid decisions that allow for exploitation. On a holo, it's a super easy to exploit the bad AI by LOS'ing them all onto one spot and AoE the crap out of that spot. I've killed the lord two or three times in under 10 seconds by myself that way.

It also doesn't have a full bar and relies on a lot of autoattacks/long-cooldown CC's, enabling most thieves and rangers to solo them pretty handily. I think giving the AI permanent protection and/or retaliation buffs would go a long way towards penalizing classes that have a natural solo advantage on the lord, while not being overly harsh on teammates coordinating their attack.

Lord shouldn't even exist. The fact that a team can still lose despite outplaying the enemy by an entire 150 points is extremely annoying.

I've had numerous times losing a game 499-500 just because the other team decides to bum rush the lord and we didn't have enough support to stop the focus fire of 5 people.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Lord shouldn't even exist. The fact that a team can still lose despite outplaying the enemy by an entire 150 points is extremely annoying.

I've had numerous times losing a game 499-500 just because the other team decides to bum rush the lord and we didn't have enough support to stop the focus fire of 5 people.

That's what is supposed to happen. You could say the other team was better than yours because they not only played the points but the mechanics as well. You don't ignore the buffs in temple either, do you? If there's a 5 man rush to lord, it's not just the support players on your team that should react, it's pretty much everyone that should.(that doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go defend) Even 2 support players aren't enough to keep a lord up vs a 5 man rush because they likely can't score kills, can't force defensive cooldowns, and the enemy team will likely eventually steamroll the kill.

That said, the lord kill value might be too high considering, and should maybe go down to 100 points. I mean 150 points is 1 minute 40 secs of 3-cap and that's actually a lot. The other thing that could be done is to make the adds a bit better. Like making one of the Casters a healer/buffer, and give one of the Soldiers a ranged weapon. One improvement could be to try and make their AI better, so that when someone positions themselves into an LoS corner, they wouldn't come straight at you instead opting to try strafe at a distance and the lord wouldn't wander off solo. These stacking tricks should only work in PvE.

@"AngelsShadow.7360" said:If you can’t adapt in a situation like that, you don’t deserve the win.

I agree and if a car has only 3 wheels, you shouldn't buy it.

All good information but irrelevant to the discussion. This is mostly about power creep from PoF, after HoT's power creep they had buffed the lord for us instead of lowering the points given and stated that 1 player shouldn't be able to solo it for that amount of score but yet here we are in that exact position again.

It should be impossible to burst the lord down solo, no matter with which class. Give him more cc, a short invulnerability phase, more dmg. Don't make him a dmg sponge like some ppl here suggest.

Time to kill, reward for killing and effort to kill (2-3 ppl) need to be balanced more in a way that favors group effort and not solo players.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Lord is already very risky to go for and can easily be defended if the team is aware of enemy movements and reacts appropriately. Argument can be made for mesmer portaling to lord being too strong, but portal has always been pretty game breaking across all game modes.

Easily defended?? What if the defending team don't have a support? Not so easily defended then is it? Like I said, Lord is so easy to beat anyone can do it solo or if not, then definitely duo. Is that not enough to tell you that it needs a buff?? It only takes 2 people to destroy Lord in just under a minute

@allias.1420 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Lord is already very risky to go for and can easily be defended if the team is aware of enemy movements and reacts appropriately. Argument can be made for mesmer portaling to lord being too strong, but portal has always been pretty game breaking across all game modes.

Easily defended?? What if the defending team don't have a support? Not so easily defended then is it? Like I said, Lord is so easy to beat anyone can do it solo or if not, then definitely duo. Is that not enough to tell you that it needs a buff?? It only takes 2 people to destroy Lord in just under a minute

If they send one to solo lord you send one to stop him. If they send 2 to duo you send 2 to counter them. If you match numbers and they still kill the lord then you were out played and they earned the points.

I really don’t get the whole “PvE” argument. Just because there is an NPC mob doesn’t take the PvP out of the match. If you let the enemy outplay you by sneaking past and sit in your lord room long enough to down him, then you got outplayed. That’s PvP.

This mechanic just adds more layers of strategy to playing against players. It makes the game more complex, not less.

And the lord’s health is fine, particularly that it has a breakbar now. Any decent team with any map awareness will defend against a single attacker against a lord. Coordinated attacks can be successful, but not to the point where a lord rush is always best.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

If they send one to solo lord you send one to stop him. If they send 2 to duo you send 2 to counter them. If you match numbers and they still kill the lord then you were out played and they earned the points.

Ok yes thats fine. But overall what im saying is that it should be a more challenging objective, to bring it in line with the blatant power creep this latest expansion has caused

Archived