Excited for Alliances — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Excited for Alliances

sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm probably the only person who is actually excited for the changes judging by the threads...

As an Australian player who plays WvW, it really sucks. Either you have no one on the map and you take sentries and camps by yourself or there are lots of people on the map all coming from the 1 server, if it's allied server, it's just taking empty towers and occasionally chasing down that 1 guy... If it's enemy servers, you are that 1 guy being chased.

If this Alliance merger could solve those population differences, consider me happy.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
06210311 251521 121512

Comments

• @sephiroth.4217 said:
    I'm probably the only person who is actually excited for the changes judging by the threads...

As an Australian player who plays WvW, it really sucks. Either you have no one on the map and you take sentries and camps by yourself or there are lots of people on the map all coming from the 1 server, if it's allied server, it's just taking empty towers and occasionally chasing down that 1 guy... If it's enemy servers, you are that 1 guy being chased.

If this Alliance merger could solve those population differences, consider me happy.

You aren't, it's just that people are more likely to be vocal when they're upset than they are when they are happy. Also, there are a lot of people who don't WvW at the moment who are absolutely excited for this. The main reason some PvE guilds don't do WvW is because everyone is on different servers. My guild, for example has 500 members all spread evenly over servers. We can't really do anything meaningful in WvW but once this change comes down we absolutely will. I am quite sure that is the case with many other PvE guilds. There will be a massive increase in the percent of the games population who choose to play WvW.

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2018

Most players seem very happy with the proposed changes. And said so initially when they were announced.

The people who don't like the changes are being vocal, but that's a good thing. Some of their concerns are valid. Discussions will bring about new ideas and the devs seem to be keeping up. So hopefully, most of those concerns will be addressed.

• Skynet.7201Skynet.7201 Member ✭✭✭

This is a great opportunity for everyone to find other people that play their time zones.

• Cant say im excited at all. We wouldnt have to be worried about population issues if anet hadnt botched up WvW many times over the years with kitten decisions.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018

Its gonna be awsum. Btw every reply answering the "misunderstanding" people are typically people who are excited for the change. People against it wouldnt be defending the change.

People just overreact, the server sizes will be about same but more balanced and players will have more control over their community.

Bandvagoning will also be harder because it will happen every 8 weeks and be more expensive than 500 gems.

Its mostly roleplayers and roamers that are too indecisive to adapt to changes that are complaining.. Or people that think losing matchup is end of world from rank 1 server.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, loudmouth, tryhard
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.