Excited for Alliances

sephiroth.4217

I'm probably the only person who is actually excited for the changes judging by the threads...

As an Australian player who plays WvW, it really sucks. Either you have no one on the map and you take sentries and camps by yourself or there are lots of people on the map all coming from the 1 server, if it's allied server, it's just taking empty towers and occasionally chasing down that 1 guy... If it's enemy servers, you are that 1 guy being chased.

If this Alliance merger could solve those population differences, consider me happy.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I'm probably the only person who is actually excited for the changes judging by the threads...

As an Australian player who plays WvW, it really sucks. Either you have no one on the map and you take sentries and camps by yourself or there are lots of people on the map all coming from the 1 server, if it's allied server, it's just taking empty towers and occasionally chasing down that 1 guy... If it's enemy servers, you are that 1 guy being chased.

If this Alliance merger could solve those population differences, consider me happy.

You aren't, it's just that people are more likely to be vocal when they're upset than they are when they are happy. Also, there are a lot of people who don't WvW at the moment who are absolutely excited for this. The main reason some PvE guilds don't do WvW is because everyone is on different servers. My guild, for example has 500 members all spread evenly over servers. We can't really do anything meaningful in WvW but once this change comes down we absolutely will. I am quite sure that is the case with many other PvE guilds. There will be a massive increase in the percent of the games population who choose to play WvW.

Most players seem very happy with the proposed changes. And said so initially when they were announced.

The people who don't like the changes are being vocal, but that's a good thing. Some of their concerns are valid. Discussions will bring about new ideas and the devs seem to be keeping up. So hopefully, most of those concerns will be addressed.

Its gonna be awsum. Btw every reply answering the "misunderstanding" people are typically people who are excited for the change. People against it wouldnt be defending the change.

People just overreact, the server sizes will be about same but more balanced and players will have more control over their community.

Bandvagoning will also be harder because it will happen every 8 weeks and be more expensive than 500 gems.

Its mostly roleplayers and roamers that are too indecisive to adapt to changes that are complaining.. Or people that think losing matchup is end of world from rank 1 server.

Archived