Whats are non-craftable prefixes? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Whats are non-craftable prefixes?

I came across something while viewing the wiki for salvaging. It says Exotic weapons and armor with non-craftable prefixes also have a chance to produce an inscription or insignia for that prefix.

That literally makes ZERO sense considering all crafted gear requires one of those because where else would it get its stats. So how can something that cant be crafted yield a insignia used for crafting when you salvage it????

Comments

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

The stats that don’t have a t6 material to represent it are the non-crafted ones. You get the insignia and inscription from salvaging items with these stats. Usually from drops in Fractals, which often are Soldier stats, or dungeon vendor items, which are Dire, Cavalier, Rabid, Magi.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• The idea is: if you can craft an insignia, there's already a source for it in game, so it doesn't need to drop as part of salvage.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.