Balance patch today , who’s hyped?

timetopat.7921

Mesmer changes are decent but the more interesting adjustments will be to confusion.

After that it’s anyones guess whether none/some/all of the stronger over represented builds will be nerfed or inadvertently buffed.

I’m in the hype category because the last patch was just mini-balance that tried to keep things roughly the same damage but over longer time periods. A full balance patch can actually change those numbers up or down. So we can expect more change (even if we disagree with what was changed).

I do expect some scourge, FB and mirage nerfs, but other than that, nothing noticeable. If you are expecting some under performing classes to have meta builds, or fixing of some under whelming weapons, not gonna happen.

But hey, they spent resources revamping Mesmer phantsmas and alacrity. that speaks volumes regarding Anet failure in performing any monitoring.

No, no hype at all. I expect warrior to get nerfed more and mesmer to go from immortal to eternal god.Nerfs I expect for warrior:

• Warrior Full Counter now stun the warrior too! (sort of like the berserker elite skill)
  • Full Counter now copies 1 condition instead of 3.
  • Full counter does not grant stability or resistance when traited.
  • Full Counter cooldown increased from 12 sec to 15 sec.

Buffs I expect for mesmer:

• Stun break on dodge now also removes 2 additional conditions.
  • We have modified dodge wheel on mesmer to make it dodge 3 times like thief.
  • Clones now apply 1 stacks of confusion on auto attacks
  • Apply 2 stacks of confusion when you dodge an attack.
  • The developer who plays mesmer will write "We think mesmer is under performing on PvP, that is why we are buffing their survival by increasing HP and giving them 500+ HP and 500 armor; we also think that mesmers should be masters of dodge and never be able to stun one, because duh I play mesmer and I don't want to die!."

The changes to Mesmer that were previewed are mostly a nerf. There's a major reduction in offense, defense and a very large downgrading of alacrity. Sadly, it seems to be focused mostly on controlling game play in raids. The article makes it somewhat clear that ANET wants raids played in a specific way.

I expect the worse.

There are a lot of crybabies and i expect massive nerfs to necro which turns them from where they are struggling in some pve aspects to downright unplayable and free kills in pvp.The whining reminds me of world of warcraft forums.

Seems you can't win.Necros needed defensive barriers people call for nerfs to barriers now.corrupt boons has been there for a long time and is partly defensive since they don't have invulns blocks etc, and people want that nerfed.

Archived