Why not keep server and add alliances seasons?

cpchow.7416

I dont want to see another epic fail after the introduction of desert bl.Changing the whole system with one button may cause the destruction of WvW.Is it better to keep the server and link system and comes with alliances seasons?Two months of server war and one month of alliance war season rotation will be perfect.

@"cpchow.7416" said:I dont want to see another epic fail after the introduction of desert bl.Changing the whole system with one button may cause the destruction of WvW.Is it better to keep the server and link system and comes with alliances seasons?Two months of server war and one month of alliance war season rotation will be perfect.

There's no way to implement that. "Alliance season" depends on having playtime stats from alliance match-ups. Setting it up at all requires removing people from Worlds, which completely changes incentives to remain/transfer. It's a bit like asking a country to hold an election and, if the results are close, go 3 months with one Prime Minister, then the next three with the other candidate as PM. It sounds "fair," but the results will be worse than choosing one or the other.

@hunkamania.7561 said:Nah, the wvw servers are way too unbalanced after years of bandwagoning. Wvw needs somewhat of a hard reset.

You mean the WvW servers are unbalanced after years of anet botching up class + meta changes and making the population decline heavily due to that. As a last resort making server linkings come true and in doing so implanting bandwagoning.

@cpchow.7416 said:I dont want to see another epic fail after the introduction of desert bl.Changing the whole system with one button may cause the destruction of WvW.Is it better to keep the server and link system and comes with alliances seasons?Two months of server war and one month of alliance war season rotation will be perfect.

BG ranger pugmander detected

@cpchow.7416 said:I dont want to see another epic fail after the introduction of desert bl.Changing the whole system with one button may cause the destruction of WvW.Is it better to keep the server and link system and comes with alliances seasons?Two months of server war and one month of alliance war season rotation will be perfect.

The new system will make servers meaningless thus guilds will be recruiting from everywhere. If you keep server as it is, you are just defeating that benefit and make things more chaotic for guilds.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:Nah, the wvw servers are way too unbalanced after years of bandwagoning. Wvw needs somewhat of a hard reset.

You mean the WvW servers are unbalanced after years of anet botching up class + meta changes and making the population decline heavily due to that. As a last resort making server linkings come true and in doing so implanting bandwagoning.

No, Hunkamania, President for Ruins of Surmia has it right. NA stacked, and believe they were better players on higher pop servers. When in reality, we're all just scrubs regardless of anet metas.

The game should have been guild-based from the beginning. Servers were always a bad idea, just like they are in every game - all they do is separate friends and lead to a loss of honor as people keep transferring around like ping pong balls whenever it leads to more winning.

The only reason they've lasted this long is because they were good income for ArenaNet.

EDIT: Look I came from a game many years ago that was high on server pride, and I hear that reasoning alot. But it only worked okay there due to low populations and no transfers, people had to physically make other accounts to play on other servers which kept the whole "push button to win" thing to a minimum. The simple truth is that ArenaNet can never truly balance WvW until this button no longer exists in GW2.

Archived