Feb 06 balance patch

AEFA.9035

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Eleazar.9478 said:Bwhahahahaha what a meme. All the suggestions. And nothing I doubt they read these forums. And with scourge mirage and fb nerfed druid is going to be king lol no Nerf to rugged growth this balance team man

Rightfully so. Rugged Growth isn't a druid trait, so no, they're obviously not gonna nerf one of the few traits that give core ranger any sustain without running druid. Is that so hard to understand?

@"NobleOne.3816" said:"Guys we forgot to balance the Ranger again, lets just tweak like four soulbeast skills and call it a day."-Arenanet

yeah fucking ANET. Buffs pet skills that are doing abysmal damage but doesn't even bother to look into Co efficient factor. Bug fixes? Holy fuck me. Guardians got some rework on SPIRIT weapons and we didn't even get jack.

@Krispera.5087 said:Only number changes and some bug fixes. GG.

Reef Drake—Sonic Shriek: The confusion duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

Greatest of all time.Yeah but...Confusion: Heavily reweighted damage from this condition's base damage-over-time component to the damage-on-skill-use component. The condition-damage contribution has been removed from the damage-over-time component and redistributed into the damage-on-skill-use component. This condition remains split between PvE and PvP/WvW.

Seems random until you read everything and notice confusion has been changed across the board on all classes.

Anyhow, stance share stacking is nice and might lead to some niche team comps. Otherwise it's definitely boring for ranger but there have been heavy nerfs to scourge, fb and mirage. I'll still enjoy playing ranger.

Regeneration: Regeneration now uses the greatest healing regeneration to immediately heal you rather than going by each regeneration stack's duration or order of application.This was the biggest disappointment for me unless they didn't fully explain the changes. This still only affects what happens once regen is stacked. It doesn't look like they changed the fact that longest duration determines what gets added to the stack.

Stances now stack their individual durations in the case of rangers using the Leader of the Pack trait.

Entangle: Fixed a bug in which this skill could tick 4 times instead of 5.

Rugged Growth: Fixed a bug in which this trait used the healing power of the character that applied the boon rather than that of the ranger.

Fortifying Bond: This trait now shares alacrity with your pet in addition to its previous boons.

Smokescale—Takedown: Increased the damage this skill inflicts by 40%.Feline—Bite: Increased the damage this skill inflicts by 40%.

These are all changes will have an effect on PvE, stacking soulbeasts in raids using Leader of the Pack are going to pump up dps. No Nerfs to Druid also makes me happy and toning down the condi spam means i won't have to spec as defensively in pvp. i'm not sure why there's so much salt. No major Nerfs.....

Well the balance patch....Well its something.Buffed our more unused pets. Which wont be used because we would need the utility. Which isnt accesible, because we have no petswap in beastmode.Atleast no nerfs. And they did great balance leap with mesmers maybe they have the guts to do this with ranger pets too.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Bwhahahahaha what a meme. All the suggestions. And nothing I doubt they read these forums. And with scourge mirage and fb nerfed druid is going to be king lol no Nerf to rugged growth this balance team man

Rightfully so. Rugged Growth isn't a druid trait, so no, they're obviously not gonna nerf one of the few traits that give core ranger any sustain without running druid. Is that so hard to understand?

Ya cause you run so much healing power on core ranger/soulbeast. Ive said numerous times that it's scaleing with healing power is the issue.

With menders water runes, it tics for over 600 health (that's our old freaking troll ungent) and as a druid all that synergizes too well. 600 passive regn with permanent protection plus druid from anytime your pressured, all the ya it's broken.

the biggest issue with all the OP druid treads.

And none of the core ranger traits have been worked or fixed all hail druid overlords. You gunna see alot of druid nerfs out the wazzoo even more so now. Lol watch them do a mini update that nerfs the big things on druid instead

@Prophet.1584 said:These are all changes will have an effect on PvE, stacking soulbeasts in raids using Leader of the Pack are going to pump up dps. No Nerfs to Druid also makes me happy and toning down the condi spam means i won't have to spec as defensively in pvp. i'm not sure why there's so much salt. No major Nerfs.....

Mainly because bug fixes and correcting beastmode skills would hardly count as balance in any other game than GW2.

Secondly because Soulbeast is still underperforming in PvP, and power ranger is far from being comparably good in pve (something they could have improved further on after the last patch, but didn't (while at the same time buffing power warrior in pve, which means they obviously have power builds in mind)).

One would think that, when they can rework mesmer like they did, that they at least can do some soulbeast adjusments. cough petswap in beastmode cough

and ... OMG they buffed our pets ... if before in beastmode Bite (from Bear) gave us 1032 heal from 8 sec of regeneration with a CD of 10 s, now we got only 473 heal every 10 s .... (the numbers are due to my gear/traits not from wiki). This is bad and it is stupid.Smokescale ... he got a buff for Takedown ... with 40% more damage ? Rly ? ... Let's say ... before my damage in Beastmode was 503 , now with 40% buff is 643 ... Anet ... your math is so wrong ...

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Ya cause you run so much healing power on core ranger/soulbeast. Ive said numerous times that it's scaleing with healing power is the issue.

With menders water runes, it tics for over 600 health (that's our old freaking troll ungent) and as a druid all that synergizes too well. 600 passive regn with permanent protection plus druid from anytime your pressured, all the ya it's broken.

the biggest issue with all the OP druid treads.

Doesn't matter how many times you're said it when your reaction in a thread about the recent patch is a pure shit post that just say "lol no nerf".

As long as it doesn't hurt core sustain I don't give a crap. Most complaints I've seen about it would, and it's not like Rugged Growth is negliable for a soulbeast.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Prophet.1584 said:These are all changes will have an effect on PvE, stacking soulbeasts in raids using Leader of the Pack are going to pump up dps. No Nerfs to Druid also makes me happy and toning down the condi spam means i won't have to spec as defensively in pvp. i'm not sure why there's so much salt. No major Nerfs.....

Mainly because bug fixes and correcting beastmode skills would hardly count as balance in any other game than GW2.

Secondly because Soulbeast is still underperforming in PvP, and power ranger is far from being comparably good in pve (something they could have improved further on after the last patch, but didn't (while at the same time buffing power warrior in pvp, which means they obviously have power builds in mind)).

power ranger/soulbeast could use some improvements for sure and i totally agree with that but, as you mentioned, if they're willing to make that change to warrior then there's no reason to think they won't make a similar change to soulbeast. If they're willing to rework mesmers core mechanic completely then it's possible for them to rework pets to make them better. I'm sure theirs going to be a heavy focus on the wvw change coming up so not much else will be fixed until then but there's always the possibility. Anywho i know us longtime ranger players are just happy to see a patch day pass without major nerfs that completely destroy us.

@Prophet.1584 said:

Secondly because Soulbeast is still underperforming in PvP, and power ranger is far from being comparably good in pve (something they could have improved further on after the last patch, but didn't (while at the same time buffing power warrior in pvp, which means they obviously have power builds in mind)).

power ranger/soulbeast could use some improvements for sure and i totally agree with that but, as you mentioned, if they're willing to make that change to warrior then there's no reason to think they won't make a similar change to soulbeast. If they're willing to rework mesmers core mechanic completely then it's possible for them to rework pets to make them better. I'm sure theirs going to be a heavy focus on the wvw change coming up so not much else will be fixed until then but there's always the possibility. Anywho i know us longtime ranger players are just happy to see a patch day pass without major nerfs that completely destroy us.

They could.

It's just that they should keep focusing on it when the last patch obviously didn't do enough. At their pacing, we won't see noticeable changes to such builds in months. It doesn't take much effort to keep adjusting traits like Farsighted, which is borderline useless as of now. It doesn't take much effort to keep improving the sword (they even buffed the mesmer sword with aftercast changes (ranger sword skill 2, anyone?). A lot of the changes would just need number adjustments.

They would also be better of giving us petswap in beastmode before they buff other stuff that might make such a change too powerful in the first place.

@Prophet.1584 said:Anywho i know us longtime ranger players are just happy to see a patch day pass without major nerfs that completely destroy us.

Prophet, even they didn't buffed us ... at least for me Bite from Bear is a big nerf, I am glad that they nerfed mesmer, our cancer in World vs World and yes I am glad that they didn't nerfed our class.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Prophet.1584 said:Anywho i know us longtime ranger players are just happy to see a patch day pass without major nerfs that completely destroy us.

Prophet, even they didn't buffed us ... at least for me Bite from Bear is a big nerf, I am glad that they nerfed mesmer, our cancer in World vs World and yes I am glad that they didn't nerfed our class.

But did they? they nerfed condi mes... shatter mes got stronger didnt it?

Archived