Feb 6 patch discussion thread.

Razor.6392

• Mirage sees confusion duration and stacks drastically reduced on pretty much every build, they have some interesting new traits though so it remains to be seen how good they are.
  • Scourge has been neutered. Nerfs to every single corrupt skill, pvp splits, corruption table condi duration nerfed, reaction time added to shade bombs and no real buffs.
  • Firebrand nerfed in sustain.
  • Scrapper changes, minesweeper with a 1s arming time and no other changes to holosmith. With scourge and mirage nerfed, who's gonna stop them?
  • No nerfs to druid, even though his counters all got nerfed. Buffs to soulbeast. Enjoy having to 1v4 druids in order to kill them.
  • Buffs to weaver sword, nerfs to riptide, minor buffs for other random skills and nothing more. Ele will still be more viable as a byproduct of other classes nerfs.
  • Thief might be useful now in pve, but nothing has changed in pvp.
  • Warrior buffs in pve, no real changes in pvp as far as I've seen. Also the big winner this patch as they were already strong.
  • Revenant got some... buffs? Still nothing on the condi removal front, but at least they'll be immensely more viable after the scourge nerfs.

Overall a good patch I think? Say hi to S-tier holosmith and ranger though. Every class seems to be viable now at least on paper.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Razor.6392 said:

• Scourge has been neutered. Nerfs to every single corrupt skill, pvp splits, corruption table condi duration nerfed, reaction time added to shade bombs and no real buffs.

Corrupt skills where not touched. Punishment skills where given a mild duration nerf to conditions applied by conversions, which is meaningless since no punishment skill except for Ghastly Breach is used for it's boonrip anyways.There where only 2 serious nerfs, the first being the 0.5 second arming time on shades and the second being that Path of Corruption only corrupts 1 boon (down from 2)

What will probably happen is that we will see less Curses Scourges and significantly more Blood Magic Scourges, particularly since the change to vampiric presence is a significant bonus to Sage Amulet builds.

@Sorem.9157 said:SB took an indirect nerf due to resistance now being corrupted to immobilizeBut SB now has almost permenant swiftness from the new burst mastery trait.

@Razor.6392 said:

• Mirage sees confusion duration and stacks drastically reduced on pretty much every build, they have some interesting new traits though so it remains to be seen how good they are.

The new Phantasmal Disenchanter is absolutely insane in both damage and boon rip.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Corrupt skills where not touched. Punishment skills where given a mild duration nerf to conditions applied by conversions, which is meaningless since no punishment skill except for Ghastly Breach is used for it's boonrip anyways.There where only 2 serious nerfs, the first being the 0.5 second arming time on shades and the second being that Path of Corruption only corrupts 1 boon (down from 2)

What will probably happen is that we will see less Curses Scourges and significantly more Blood Magic Scourges, particularly since the change to vampiric presence is a significant bonus to Sage Amulet builds.

Nefarious favor got its cd increased from 8 to 10 in pvp, on top of the corrupt changes meaning no more perma weakness. I think that's pretty significant considering the nerfs you already mentioned.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@deShinigami.2387 said:No nerf to Elusive Mind.No nerf to Druid sustain. (Good thing they nerfed Reef Drake though.)No nerf to Larcenous Strike.Adding damage to Warrior Greatsword of all weapons is just a slap in the face.

This patch will do absolutely nothing.

Read. Those buffs were for PVE on warrior only. Smh.

Greatsword Slice: The damage of this skill has been increased by 35%.

No, it was now. Smh

Mesmer-Not sure what will be the future of this, maby moving towards power or some hybrid buildWarrior-remained untouched relativelyRevenant-some buffs here and there, still struggling with condi, as predicted cooldown and numbers added to renegade, not seeing renegade get popular anytime soonRanger- I suspect a massive absuse here of one wolf pack stacked duration.(A-net please keep an eye out on one wolf pack, this could bite u nastily in the ass)Elementalist- some sworf buffs,Engineer-thank god there is atleast an arm time now for mines.Necro-ners to sand cascade and path o corruption is atleast one thing. atleast the durations are noticable shortned.

Spellbreaker might take back it's number 1 position as top duelist.
really curious what will happen to mesmer now.

firebrand might now have even more access to resistance if they convert immobilize and chill might actually give them alaractiy if they get chilled at the wrong time. so yeah

@deShinigami.2387 said:

@deShinigami.2387 said:No nerf to Elusive Mind.No nerf to Druid sustain. (Good thing they nerfed Reef Drake though.)No nerf to Larcenous Strike.Adding damage to Warrior Greatsword of all weapons is just a slap in the face.

No, it was now. Smh

You're getting mad basic autos getting buffed. Again, why are you crying? They usually use two skills to try and kill you. This is actually making them use their greatsword now.

Engi changes are nice for WvW, but I'm not sure they're enough to make the scrapper or core engi worth using in PvP.

I'm surprised that yet another balance pass goes by with minimal changes to gadgets, especially when Irenio said around this time last year that he was looking to overhaul them. I guess the ammo count applying to Rocket Boots is the extent of the changes we should expect?

I'm glad to see some buffs for once, but I don't know if this is enough to bring me back to PvP.

@Razor.6392 said:

• Firebrand nerfed in sustain.
  • Scrapper changes, minesweeper with a 1s arming time and no other changes to holosmith. With scourge and mirage nerfed, who's gonna stop them?
  • No nerfs to druid, even though his counters all got nerfed. Buffs to soulbeast. Enjoy having to 1v4 druids in order to kill them.
  • Buffs to weaver sword, nerfs to riptide, minor buffs for other random skills and nothing more. Ele will still be more viable as a byproduct of other classes nerfs.
  • Thief might be useful now in pve, but nothing has changed in pvp.
  • Warrior buffs in pve, no real changes in pvp as far as I've seen. Also the big winner this patch as they were already strong.
  • Revenant got some... buffs? Still nothing on the condi removal front, but at least they'll be immensely more viable after the scourge nerfs.

Overall a good patch I think? Say hi to S-tier holosmith and ranger though. Every class seems to be viable now at least on paper.

• Mesmer changes will need some time to really solidify, so hard to say what got nerfed/buffed.
  • Oh thank god they put an arming time on shade casts and reduced the corruption potential. Jesus christ was that needed.
  • Good to see FB's sustainability reduced. It was nuts.
  • Holo actually got nerfed too -- minesweeper arming time reduces ease of damage application, and the potential condition removal from alchemy trait line has been heavily reduced. Engineer is more vulnerable to condis than ever in PvP (alchemical tinctures change is massive for any alchemy-heavy build). Scrapper's usefulness may be reestablished with scourge nerf, although it may still be too weak.
  • Strange that they left the druid sustain in, not sure why.
  • Don't know enough about ele to comment.
  • Good to see that deadeye may become useful in PvE. They were quite viable in PvP already.
  • Warrior is in a good spot.
  • I don't know enough about rev to comment.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

No, it was now. Smh

You're getting mad basic autos getting buffed. Again, why are you crying? They usually use two skills to try and kill you. This is actually making them use their greatsword now.

Yes, because no Warrior ever equipped a Greatsword before this patch hit. It's not like Greatsword has been the strongest weapon on Warrior since release. I'm not saying that it will make THAT much of a difference. It's more of a question as to why.Greatsword has and will always be meta as long as Whirling Attack is the stupid busted bullshit that it is today. This buff was completely unwarranted.

Archived