What to spend Gems on?

Hi,

Since I started, I've bought unbreakable tools, reusable Salvage Thingy, and 4 shared slots so that they can all be shared amongst my characters. I also have enough character slots for my characters currently. In addition, I've upped my Collection storage to 500 of each thing, which is fine for me.

So, what else is there to spend Gems on? Are the home instance things any good? Anything else to boost my gold making, or account?

Also, I'm not interested in skins, or novelty stuff.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers.

Bank slots (the other tab from Collection storage) can be useful as you start to collect things you only want to carry around sometimes.

Bag slots (per character) can make it easier to do large meta events without having to stop for inventory management in the middle of a fight.

Home instance nodes can be useful, if you want a quick way to knock out things like the Shiverpeaks Miner or Krytan Lumberer dailies, but they take years to pay for themselves versus turning the gems to gold and just buying the materials they drop, so you're really paying for convenience more than profit there.

More shared slots may be useful as you progress, but keep in mind that you get the best deal on those buying them in lots of 5 at a time. (I use mine to share travel scrolls for ease of navigation, and for things like Teleport to Friend items and Silverwastes shovels.)

If you ever decide to craft Legendary weapons or armor, you may find it helpful to expand your Collection storage beyond 500 when you start saving materials for that.

Archived