Holy Discipline Buffs, Batman!

Oglaf.1074

Warrior's Sprint: This trait now grants a 7% damage increase while you have swiftness in addition to its previous effects in PvE. This trait now grants a 3% damage increase while you have swiftness, in addition to its previous effects in PvP and WvW.

Burst Mastery: This trait now grants 3 seconds of swiftness when you use a burst skill, in addition to its previous effects.

Power/Defense/Discipline Core Warrior was already my favourite open world shenanigans-build. Seems nice but... we're not going to get away from our Bannerkitten roots, are we?

Honestly that is a very small buff and insignificant. 7% damage increase is like having a sigil of force +2% damage. If you decide you don't equip sigil of force, then its as if you had your previous build with an extra slot available for another sigil or combine it to get 12% damage increase. That is close to the damage you get by equipping the sigil of night which grants 10% damage at night.

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:7% buff is nothing T-TAnd they say their focus was improving power warrior, yet they barely did anything ;-;

Honestly I just don't understand why Axe and GS are the only Warrior weapons. What about offhand sword? Warhorn? Rifle? Mace? They're bad and need work in areas compared to GS and Axe, which are the strongest Warrior weapons anyway (for power).

@Oglaf.1074 said:Power/Defense/Discipline Core Warrior was already my favourite open world shenanigans-build. Seems nice but... we're not going to get away from our Bannerkitten roots, are we?

What did you expect? To become a rampaging limb ripping beast that strangles his enemies with their own intestines, like... a fire obsessed/reckless Berserker? Nah.

In all honesty I hated banners since the release of this game and while I didn't like shouts all that much is was a less pathetic alternative to this Banner crap.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:Burst Mastery: This trait now grants 3 seconds of swiftness when you use a burst skill, in addition to its previous effects.

A whole 3 seconds of in combat swiftness, and if we traited with warrior's sprint giving us 3 whole seconds of +3% damage (7% in PvE)? Excuse me while I equip my warhorn again. WOOOO

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:
Burst Mastery
: This trait now grants 3 seconds of swiftness when you use a burst skill, in addition to its previous effects.

A whole 3 seconds of in combat swiftness, and if we traited with warrior's sprint giving us 3 whole seconds of +3% damage (7% in PvE)? WOOOO

At least it's something. In PvE it results in quite a boost to 100B when you factor in the buff they gave it.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Burst Mastery
: This trait now grants 3 seconds of swiftness when you use a burst skill, in addition to its previous effects.

A whole 3 seconds of in combat swiftness, and if we traited with warrior's sprint giving us 3 whole seconds of +3% damage (7% in PvE)? WOOOO

At least it's something. In PvE it results in quite a boost to 100B when you factor in the buff they gave it.

Oh it's something alright. For me about the only thing they boosted was gs auto. Mostly everything else was more of a wtf boost, a PvE boost, or a nerf.

@Crossaber.8934 said:I think maybe the merciless hammer trait should use power damage for confusion, or even more flexibility to automatic select power / condition damage depend on which number is higher. That will make the trait very interesting.

It needs a total rework. Nothing about it works:

The damage bonus to CCed targets is too situational and cannot compete with that of Berserker’s Power which is just raw damage after a Burst with no such niche requirements.

The Confusion, while sorta making sense thematically, is just utterly useless on any build using a Hammer as they will be Power-based.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:I think maybe the merciless hammer trait should use power damage for confusion, or even more flexibility to automatic select power / condition damage depend on which number is higher. That will make the trait very interesting.

The damage bonus to CCed targets is too situational and cannot compete with that of Berserker’s Power which is just raw damage after a Burst with no such niche requirements.

The Confusion, while sorta making sense thematically, is just utterly useless on any build using a Hammer as they will be Power-based.

My suggestion was the trait will alter the warrior’s confusion damage scale with power instead of condition damage. Guardian got a trait to alter retaliation use condition damage instead if power.

Then a power warrior with hammer and throwing interrupt and stacks of confusion around and dealing strong confusion damage could be fearsome.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

My suggestion was the trait will alter the warrior’s confusion damage scale with power instead of condition damage. Guardian got a trait to alter retaliation use condition damage instead if power.

Then a power warrior with hammer and throwing interrupt and stacks of confusion around and dealing strong confusion damage could be fearsome.

I like that.

@Leo G.4501 said:

I like that.

According to my suggestion, power hammer build can go with berserker spec with mace MH shield, high interrupting setup with a lot of power based confusion in zerg vs zerg situation.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Except that Anet destroyed Confusion. Even if it was somehow changed to work off of Power the condition itself just sucks now.

Confusion is still working extremely great vs player, warrior got so many viable weapon sets for pve now, power or condition wise. Hammer was always one of the better pvp/wvw weapon. If confusion scale on power it will raise hammer to a whole new level.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Except that Anet destroyed Confusion. Even if it was somehow changed to work off of Power the condition itself just sucks now.

Confusion is still working extremely great vs player, warrior got so many viable weapon sets for pve now, power or condition wise. Hammer was always one of the better pvp/wvw weapon. If confusion scale on power it will raise hammer to a whole new level.

Yeah I’m not too fond of the idea of PvP exclusivity. Especially at the cost of PvE viability.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:7% buff is nothing T-TAnd they say their focus was improving power warrior, yet they barely did anything ;-;

Honestly I just don't understand why Axe and GS are the only Warrior weapons. What about offhand sword? Warhorn? Rifle? Mace? They're bad and need work in areas compared to GS and Axe, which are the strongest Warrior weapons anyway (for power).

Sword is mostly for Condi build, not for power. They wanna buff the power type weapon, so it is normal if the choice go to GS and Axe.Hammer and Mace is more into CC rather than damage, Warhorn is utility. One thing I agree with you is rifle, it could use some buff or something indeed for ranged power weapon option.

Honestly though I would love to see some rifle buff since this game sometimes not encourage you to be on melee, so it will be nice to have handy ranged weapon on swap.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Yeah I’m not too fond of the idea of PvP exclusivity. Especially at the cost of PvE viability.

I don’t like reduce pve diversity either, but raid is where every class required the most optimal build of the game, and there will usually only one weapon is the optimal one. I just cannot see the possibility for pve to achieve the same weapon diversity level as pvp.

Hammer is a heavy cc weapon, therefore it can not have high damage at the same time. Pvp is where hammer can still able to shine, all it needs is a bit of niche in order to stay competitive in warrior’s sleeve.

Archived