Brutality Trait was poorly thought out for wvw

hunkamania.7561

This is our reward for dealing with months of Winds of Disenchantment: something that's arguably even worse. They've got the best game mode in any MMO, and yet have no idea what to do with it. I want to believe this is just someone forgetting to put an ICD on a trait that will be fixed in a few hours... but after making WoD pulse twice as fast as anything else in the game, and leaving it that way since PoF launch... I think these guys actually think stuff like this is a good idea. Never have I wanted vanilla GW2 servers more than this moment. All it takes is a Firebrand with the Quickness mantra and trait, Agility sigils, Herald for Naturalistic Resonance, and maybe a boonshare Chrono to boot, and you've got a class that will strip on every single hit of a rapid-fire attack like Citadel Bombardment, hammer auto, staff auto, or Phase Smash. Just like WoD, the guild that exploits this one overpowered skill hardest will win almost every engage.

@jimjam.5390 said:It does not activate on legend swap. So that's fun.

This is my problem. I'll never end up using this trait.

First, I'm not going to take devastation in WvW. It's Retribution/Corruption, Invocation, Herald. Devastation is a line full of minor DPS buffs that don't meaningfully sway the direction of the fight.

Second, in a PVE scenario I am never going to swap weapons. I usually just sit on either sword/sword or mace/axe forever, unless strange circumstances forces me into hammer/shortbow. I'll never get a chance to use this trait.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

@otto.5684 said:It would have made much more sense on legend swap, not on weapon swap. There is no synergy what so ever on weapon swap.

I do agree with the legend swap - since revs are all about the legends.

I actually like having it on weapon swap. I think it increases our skill cap a bit more. We have enough traits that do things on legend swap. Its also a devastation trait not an invocation trait, invocation has all the legend swap traits not devastation. Ive played a few pvp matches with it, it feels nice having the quickness on weapon swap, you can make some pretty cool plays with it too. For the stab removal, I wouldnt mind having an icd of .25 or .5 seconds only on that part of the trait, maybe just take the icd on io and put on on that part of the trait.

What if the change to IO were reverted and Brutality trait was changed so that it let's us consume 1 stack of stab to proc the extra attack from the current version of IO?

I don't like this playstyle promoted by the current brutality were you have to run copies of the same weapon to maintain access to fighting at your prefered range because I feel it hurts our build diversity to have 2 of the same weapon on the weapon swap rather than 2 different weapons.

It's like this trait was built solely so that condi Renegades can enter WvW - I mean think about it, they get buffs to citadel orders (lower energy costs) and a trait in deva that fits their unique playstyle of runing copies of weapons to maintain sustained condi damage.

After playing around with dual hammers, its not that great i think. The swap takes too long, and when you swap you have to re-target and re-attack (takes about a second). Then you are only benefiting from 2 seconds, or one second if you use any skill other than AA on hammer. Then you only get one hit of quickness that removes stab.

So basically, you get 1 stab removal every 10 seconds. Better to get the 50% dmg increase below 50% imho.

@Thustlewhumber.7416 said:After playing around with dual hammers, its not that great i think. The swap takes too long, and when you swap you have to re-target and re-attack (takes about a second). Then you are only benefiting from 2 seconds, or one second if you use any skill other than AA on hammer. Then you only get one hit of quickness that removes stab.

So basically, you get 1 stab removal every 10 seconds. Better to get the 50% dmg increase below 50% imho.

I have yet to get my hands on decent gear for WvW but I have to ask - why not cast hammer 5 or 3 while quickness is up?

Archived