Design of Renegade

BeLZedaR.4790

Leave alone the fact that it's a spec made for PvErs with no consideration for utility or sustain to make it anywhere near viable in PvP (or wvw for that matter), that's not what this is about.Glint was already the only legend rev has that basically replaced energy costs with cooldowns on utilities. All other legends have at least 1 skill that can be "spammed" becasue that's the original design of revenant. On glint it made sense because it was an elite spec so it was supposed to bring a new way to play it, but why is renegade the same shit basically? Worse, it has both CDs and energy costs?In addition to the fact they're all underpowered it's actually kind of funny.

To be fair, if we could get 15% condition damage modifier somewhere in Corruption, name it "Renegade's Sole Purpose" and get an elite spec that's semi-exciting, I'd be very grateful.

Kalla's utilities are Wells, but wells that can be destroyed and stunned. None of them realistically needs a cooldown besides heal and the daze well. It seems like they tried to give long (for Revenant) cooldowns to the legend in order to allow for the skills to be impactful without costing a ton of energy, but somewhere along the line they forgot that such treatment would be understandable only if the skills were any good in the first place.

This seems a bit dramatic, I had zero issues with the summons getting fucked in PvP during the test weekend. It's a bit more of an issue in WvW. On the flip side the piercing arrows were glorious against a zerg in WvW and the summons are not all that fab. I don't mind legit criticism but give the devs a month or two to hammer this out before you go all chicken little.

This is not to say that it's wrong to gripe about the historical treatment and general design problems of Revenant, but give credit where it's due when they fix stuff and keep your suggestions constructive, if only because you are more likely to have a real impact on development and balancing going forward. If you just want them to scrap it and start over I think you are swinging at windmills.

Archived