Impossible odds .. what is it?

Arkantos.7460

@Justine.6351 said:Is garbage.On yellow creatures in wvw on my glass hammer (no might) it was critting for 700 damage lol...Even comes with a 1/4 sec icd and yes, its global, not per unique target...

Yeah, now that I have played around with it, the damage it deals is pretty under tuned. Looks like it will be another rough season if you try pvping again, but at least the scourge nerfs were substantial.

@Justine.6351 said:Is garbage.On yellow creatures in wvw on my glass hammer (no might) it was critting for 700 damage lol...Even comes with a 1/4 sec icd and yes, its global, not per unique target...

Lol, that is weaker than jails hammers. I thought the whole point of this change is to make shiro the power default for PvE with glint. Epic fail.

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:So the new imposible odds does less damage with all weapons?

tbh, it could be bursty with a couple items, but it really didn't change anything because thats what quickness did in the first place.

What items?

UAStaff AA (its a low damage attacker)SotM ?The cascade skills ?

Idk tbh. Think there is some exploration to be done.

I just played with herald for a few minutes against pvp npcs and I logged right off hurting.... haha The changes took away a special part of the build. Even if the damage was the same (which it seems much lower in pvp) the feel of it is just dead. I'm somehow surprised by how the Rev gets treated. And I hear they added some absurdly OP new trait to remove stability... I'm not sure I'll keep playing Rev. I found the ebb and flow of the herald spec to be pure delight. A lot of that came down to finding the right moment to swap shiro, and ham someone down with quickness. (You can still pull this off, but it just feels off to me; which could be due to how much time I've invested in the old playstyle)

I think I'll need to try this another day. The shock of losing my old spec, the tried and true glint/shiro. It just feels like a different class to me.

Shiro do more damages now, its better, i think anet is going the right way, it's a begining at least. I play Jalis/Shiro, i find it more effective at the moment, herald lack of damages and have cds. its really funny to have the impossible odds and vengeful hammers on the same hotkey, they have no cd and Really fun and helpful. They did well to add quickness on phase traversal.

Edit: i must admit, herald heal is really helpful, but i think i'm going to stay jalis/shiro right now.

I disagree with you all, it's much better. You can get quickness from a bunch of different sources and now you also have the extra attack on impossible odds. I think you should adjust your builds and do some experimenting before acting like it's the end of the world. I'm the first one to take a dump on anet balance team and cry about how rev always gets shafted, but I feel this was truly a positive patch for us and am honestly surprised to see so much tears.

People saying it does less damage than jalis hammers... Lol no. maybe if you're just standing there autoing a golem, hammers will do more damage overall because they drain energy slower, but the damage potential in short windows (you know, realistic situations) is much higher with io.

Try this build. Invocation 2 3 1, Devestation 2 3 2, Herald 2 2 1, Glint and shiro, sw/sw and staff. Use sigil of cleansing and sigil of agility on both weapon sets. Then whatever rune you want; I'm trying out rune of infiltration right now for the extra precision to make up for not using rolling mists and the 12% damage increase on <50% hp targets to make up for not taking swift termination.

With this set up you get just under 6 seconds of quickness on weapon swap (with herald concentration), you can get 1 1/2 - 3 (realistic) Seconds of quickness when switching to shiro, and 3 1/2 seconds on use of phase travel. If you want to cleave, switch to shiro, weapon swap and turn on impossible odds. You now have like 5 seconds of quickness AND the extra strikes from new impossible odds. You won't need more than that 5 seconds to kill something.

Now if only song of the mists shiro damage wasn't nerfed in pvp it would be strong as fk.

@Flauvious.6195 said:I disagree with you all, it's much better. You can get quickness from a bunch of different sources and now you also have the extra attack on impossible odds. I think you should adjust your builds and do some experimenting before acting like it's the end of the world. I'm the first one to take a dump on anet balance team and cry about how rev always gets shafted, but I feel this was truly a positive patch for us and am honestly surprised to see so much tears.

Excuse me what other sources of quickness?

A weapon swap? A legend swap? Teleporting to a target? This a direct nerf to the meta WvW build. The only power build for Rev that was meta. And this destroys any synergy shiro had with condi builds.

People saying it does less damage than jalis hammers... Lol no. maybe if you're just standing there autoing a golem, hammers will do more damage overall because they drain energy slower, but the damage potential in short windows (you know, realistic situations) is much higher with io.

No, Soulcleave is much higher than hammers, and much much higher when it's buffing the whole party. Io is moderately higher but not enough to justify the drawbacks.

Try this build. Invocation 2 3 1, Devestation 2 3 2, Herald 2 2 1, Glint and shiro, sw/sw and staff. Use sigil of cleansing and sigil of agility on both weapon sets. Then whatever rune you want; I'm trying out rune of infiltration right now for the extra precision to make up for not using rolling mists and the 12% damage increase on <50% hp targets to make up for not taking swift termination.With this set up you get just under 6 seconds of quickness on weapon swap (with herald concentration), you can get 1 1/2 - 3 (realistic) Seconds of quickness when switching to shiro, and 3 1/2 seconds on use of phase travel. If you want to cleave, switch to shiro, weapon swap and turn on impossible odds. You now have like 5 seconds of quickness AND the extra strikes from new impossible odds. You won't need more than that 5 seconds to kill something.

Now if only song of the mists shiro damage wasn't nerfed in pvp it would be strong as kitten.

\You are giving up so much damage and survivability for a mediocre ability. Encouraging people to waste weapon swap on a class built around strong autos is ridiculous.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:I disagree with you all, it's much better. You can get quickness from a bunch of different sources and now you also have the extra attack on impossible odds. I think you should adjust your builds and do some experimenting before acting like it's the end of the world. I'm the first one to take a dump on anet balance team and cry about how rev always gets shafted, but I feel this was truly a positive patch for us and am honestly surprised to see so much tears.

A weapon swap? A legend swap? Teleporting to a target? This a direct nerf to the meta WvW build. The only power build for Rev that was meta. And this destroys any synergy shiro had with condi builds.

No, Soulcleave is much higher than hammers, and much much higher when it's buffing the whole party. Io is moderately higher but not enough to justify the drawbacks.

Try this build. Invocation 2 3 1, Devestation 2 3 2, Herald 2 2 1, Glint and shiro, sw/sw and staff. Use sigil of cleansing and sigil of agility on both weapon sets. Then whatever rune you want; I'm trying out rune of infiltration right now for the extra precision to make up for not using rolling mists and the 12% damage increase on <50% hp targets to make up for not taking swift termination.With this set up you get just under 6 seconds of quickness on weapon swap (with herald concentration), you can get 1 1/2 - 3 (realistic) Seconds of quickness when switching to shiro, and 3 1/2 seconds on use of phase travel. If you want to cleave, switch to shiro, weapon swap and turn on impossible odds. You now have like 5 seconds of quickness AND the extra strikes from new impossible odds. You won't need more than that 5 seconds to kill something.

Now if only song of the mists shiro damage wasn't nerfed in pvp it would be strong as kitten.

\You are giving up so much damage and survivability for a mediocre ability. Encouraging people to waste weapon swap on a class built around strong autos is ridiculous.

What he said

Just to clarify something for the Rev newbs who don't wvw.The best build for WvW for Revenant is backline Hammer (shiro+glint),where you want to stay away from melee and deal damage from afar with the hammer,while buffing the guys who do better damage at range than you do.

Also Brutality is only good on builds such as Hammer/Hammer where you get a free,quickness+stab shreding auto attacks on weapon swap.

@"Flauvious.6195" said:I disagree with you all, it's much better. You can get quickness from a bunch of different sources and now you also have the extra attack on impossible odds. I think you should adjust your builds and do some experimenting before acting like it's the end of the world. I'm the first one to take a dump on anet balance team and cry about how rev always gets shafted, but I feel this was truly a positive patch for us and am honestly surprised to see so much tears.

LOL what survivability? What survivability are you giving up? "So much damage" why because of swift termination?

How are you going to bring up soulcleaves summit? Yea let's just compare random abilities without taking into account the fact that you have to be fuckin renegade to have access to that shit. Also "waste weapon swap"... just what? Why us it a waste? What else you going to use It for? You think by the time you've downed someone you haven't blown all your current weapons cd's?

Why you ask what sources of quickness and then go on to list the other sources? There you go. The only meta power rev build in wvw is stand in the back hurling hammers. Maybe this got nerfed because you don't weapon swap or use phase travel, but whatever, that build sucked anyway.

Archived