Post your benchmarks.

Genesis.5169

So i've decided to benchmark the builds.Vipers Clone mirage Duel/Mirage/Illusion 21k dps down from 27kCore Mesmer Power 21k dps ( I do not know core mesmer rotation, i had well runes on so theres more dps there)

Working on Mirage power please share fellow mesmers.And Chrono Power.

Update Mirage Power 14k dps i must be doing something wrong I'm not sure.Update Chrono Power at 17k Although i'm not using the free clone generation wisely for shatters.

Seems to me that core might be best Mesmer dps spec.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MikeL.8260 said:I said it earlier too, benchmarks (on golems) don't work anymore for condi Mesmer cause of the confusion changes.

people already tested it on cairn (the only boss who actually spams fast AA which means is the one that will trigger your confusion the most) and they got average 17k dps (down from average 25k) and thats on cairn, the one and only that will trigger it so much.

@Genesis.5169 said:So i've decided to benchmark the builds.Vipers Clone mirage Duel/Mirage/Illusion 21k dps down from 27kCore Mesmer Power 21k dps ( I do not know core mesmer rotation, i had well runes on so theres more dps there)

Working on Mirage power please share fellow mesmers.And Chrono Power.

Update Mirage Power 14k dps i must be doing something wrong I'm not sure.Update Chrono Power at 17k Although i'm not using the free clone generation wisely for shatters.

Seems to me that core might be best Mesmer dps spec.So we have this...@"Henrik.7560" said:

fifteen charactersAnd then we have this and the following link showing 34k.https://imgur.com/8Q3JQdz

Doing literally nothing but auto attack (no F1, sword 2, MoP, literally nothing but auto attack) on zerker chrono (exotic armor no infusions rest is ascended) with food and standard buffs gets me ~16.7k DPS vs a golem. Genesis, if I can equal your power chrono numbers with auto attacks while other people are doing double your damage, it is disingenuous to call your numbers benchmarks.

I'm having a hard time breaking 24k with Mirage now. Every build sits around the 21k mark. None of these tests were with food or utility:

Shatter mirage with Illusions 3/3/2 and Infinite Horizons: 20kShatter mirage with Dune Cloak: 23kChaos Mirage with Infinite Horizon: 23kChaos mirage with Dune Cloak: 24kPure Staff Infinite Horizon: 27kPure Staff Dune Cloak: 18kStaff Clones + Axe/Torch: 27k

Throughout all this, I wonder how much the on-action confusion damage will actually do. With my current build, sitting at 2698 condition damage, confusion does 301 damage on skill activation. Doing the standard axe + torch/pistol rotation, I can have anywhere from 15 to 55 stacks of confusion. For the sake of argument, I will say that I sustain around 30 stacks. This means that, on skill activation, the enemy will do 9k damage to themselves.

For infinite chaos to match pure staff, that would have to be an enemy that attacks roughly once every two seconds. In comparison, the pure staff build sustains very little confusion at all, getting random bits from Crystal Sands and Jaunt, so it caps out at 27k period. Also, I can't vouch for the AoE damage that staff would do.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Axe->Staff

Enjoy your 34k dps

Cleave went down the drain, however, and whenever there's more than one target your boss damage will suffer on staff.

There was absolutely no reason to murder confusion in PvE like they did.

It's true staff build lacks cleave, though it's not the only build with that problem. Even the damage being lower vs multiple targets is the similar to venom thief.

I don't disagree on the last part.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Axe->Staff

Enjoy your 34k dps

Cleave went down the drain, however, and whenever there's more than one target your boss damage will suffer on staff.

There was absolutely no reason to murder confusion in PvE like they did.

It's true staff build lacks cleave, though it's not the only build with that problem. Even the damage being lower vs multiple targets is the similar to venom thief.

I don't disagree on the last part.

Yea, people are getting excited about Deadeye rifle doing 30k damage in PvE now, but it's also single target only and lack of piercing means that adds can reduce dps to the main target.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:If there's a staff build that is doing 34k, please tell me. I know I didn't run with food, but tops that'll push me to 30k. I had to struggle to even hit 27k with pure staff.

you need an ally close to the golem to triggerr the bounce from staff auto.

Staff can bounce off of you.

in a real raid group... staff wont just bounce back and forth. it will bounce off boss and through a bunch of allies, giving boons that other people already give, and virtually no extra damage.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:If there's a staff build that is doing 34k, please tell me. I know I didn't run with food, but tops that'll push me to 30k. I had to struggle to even hit 27k with pure staff.

in a real raid group... staff wont
just
bounce back and forth. it will bounce off boss and through a bunch of allies, giving boons that other people already give, and virtually no extra damage.

Staff bounces 2 times, in addition to the original target, and alternates between affecting enemies and allies. If you are solo, it goes golem -> you -> golem. If you are with allies, it's golem -> closest ally -> golem. The 34k benchmark was done with an ally necro sitting next to the golem.

You will only lose damage if there are multiple enemies, because after bonding to ally, it can bounce to another enemy, thus reducing single target damage.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

just
bounce back and forth. it will bounce off boss and through a bunch of allies, giving boons that other people already give, and virtually no extra damage.

Staff bounces 2 times, in addition to the original target, and alternates between affecting enemies and allies. If you are solo, it goes golem -> you -> golem. If you are with allies, it's golem -> closest ally -> golem. The 34k benchmark was done with an ally necro sitting next to the golem.

You will only lose damage if there are multiple enemies, because after bonding to ally, it can bounce to another enemy, thus reducing single target damage.

do you have a build we can look at? i know the editor isnt updated yet, but...

also what rotation was used?

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

just

Hm, I could be very wrong (or I could be seeing things >.>), but when I just tested it with TWO allies, the projectile went: enemy => ally 1 => ally 2.

Could someone test this out, preferably with allies standing at different distances from each other?

@Selya.5039 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:If there's a staff build that is doing 34k, please tell me. I know I didn't run with food, but tops that'll push me to 30k. I had to struggle to even hit 27k with pure staff.

just

Hm, I could be very wrong (or I could be seeing things >.>), but when I just tested it with TWO allies, the projectile went: enemy => ally 1 => ally 2.

Could someone test this out, preferably with allies standing at different distances from each other?

You're correct, and this has been the problem with staff "dps" builds since the beginning of the game. The bounce prefers allies, and if another ally target is available it will bounce to the ally 100% of the time and to the enemy 0% of the time. 34k is not possible on staff if it relies on the 2nd bounce, and anyone claiming otherwise is lying through their teeth.

Archived