Revert Phase Traversal NERF

Alveen.7239

@Karl McLain.5604 said:Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

Looking forward to this, thanks for the communication. :+1: I do have other concerns like many other people do but you guys are probably already aware of them.

@Karl McLain.5604 said:Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

Would you consider reverting the Impossible Odds change in PvP?

I understand that it was done to buff Rev in PvE but you just butchered us even more in PvP where rev was already bottom tier.

And could you please consider giving us Equilibrium back and removing Rapid Flow instead? Nobody uses RF, but Equ was meta in PvP.

@witcher.3197 said:

Would you consider reverting the Impossible Odds change in PvP?

I understand that it was done to buff Rev in PvE but you just butchered us even more in PvP where rev was already bottom tier.

And could you please consider giving us Equilibrium back and removing Rapid Flow instead? Nobody uses RF, but Equ was meta in PvP.

Agree, Rapid Flow has had it's time to exist and has proven itself irrelevant. Bring back the meta trait that got dumpstered in the same spot.

u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

have a look at metabattle.com .. theres not even a pvp build listed for rev anymore.

and about phase traversal, i appreciate that u are removing the distance check. that was pretty wise everything else wouldve destroyed rev in its mobiliy / roaming role.

but pls... have a look at the dmg from impossible odds with the balance team or whoever is resposible for that. im pretty sure everyone in this forum would appreciate that.

@otto.5684 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Impossible odds needs one of 3,

Revert
Removal of ICD*ICD per unique target instead of global

Why ICD at all? I am spending kitten 8 energy for it, and is barely dealing same damage as Jalis hammers. It is supposed to be alternative for Jalis hammers in PvE and cleave in sPvP.

kk with full berseker hammer rev and 25 might stacks impossible odds hits for 1400 crit on yellow drake thingy. Jalis hammers crit for 500.

Idk how jalis hammers work as far as striking (how frequently) so you guys can take what you want from those numbers.

@XxsdgxX.8109 said:BTW if you are reading this @Karl McLain.5604 , in my honest opinion you should add an ICD to the new trait Brutality. Gives me the impression that you removed the quickness from Impossible Odds for the sake of balancing around that trait. And that trait right now is bound to have many balance issues in WvW.

For what it's worth the quickness gain on weapon swap is actually contained to the weapon swap (legend swap doesn't proc it like weapon swap sigils). So that means hammer revs in wvw will need to get their quickness from their chronos or their FBs or they're forced to swap weapons to get quickness, which would mean they'd have to run hammer/hammer or they'll be forced into staff every 10s. Plus they also lose the 20% damage under 50% to take it.

Not saying it might not be an issue, but it may not be that OP overall, since it actually requires a fair amount of setup for hammer rev to make use of it well in a zerg setting.

@Justine.6351 said:

Revert

Why ICD at all? I am spending kitten 8 energy for it, and is barely dealing same damage as Jalis hammers. It is supposed to be alternative for Jalis hammers in PvE and cleave in sPvP.

kk with full berseker hammer rev and 25 might stacks impossible odds hits for 1400 crit on yellow drake thingy. Jalis hammers crit for 500.

Idk how jalis hammers work as far as striking (how frequently) so you guys can take what you want from those numbers.

that means that impossible odds dmg parameter is higher than jalis hammer.the dmg paramter for impossible odds is like 330 for rev in pvp. on marauder.

while aa has a dmg parameter of like 700.

the dmg parameter is the thing on ur skill discription that indicates how much a skill hits for. impossible odes DOES NOT make ur SKILL hit TWICE. impossible odds is a damaging skill itself. if u have a look at impossible odds it says " damage: ... "

@Justine.6351 said:

Revert

Ohh, I thought it was around 700 one critic. 1400 is a lot.

@otto.5684 said:

Revert

Ohh, I thought it was around 700 one critic. 1400 is a lot.

It appears to scale better with power than jalis hammers do.

Archived