Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool .. Additional Items?

Vegeta.2563

Tried asking in map chat, on a few different maps.. no one could give me a straight answer

Does anyone know what you get for harvesting with this tool? It says you get additional items when gathering. Assuming it's similar to the sprockets from the watchwork pick, but curious what you get from it.

Huh, didn't realize it did that. Does the gather get you mats at the start or end of the animation? I find myself sticking to foraging tools that let me quickly gather and move on rather than being stuck in place for the full channel (though I do use the unbound magic tool on one alt). Having to wait is often the difference between getting stuck in combat or not.

But oh man I love shepherds. I want the tool just for that dog. No matter what the posture is doing ;)

@Donari.5237 said:Huh, didn't realize it did that. Does the gather get you mats at the start or end of the animation? I find myself sticking to foraging tools that let me quickly gather and move on rather than being stuck in place for the full channel (though I do use the unbound magic tool on one alt). Having to wait is often the difference between getting stuck in combat or not.

But oh man I love shepherds. I want the tool just for that dog. No matter what the posture is doing ;)

It works like the consortium sickle, but with a bonus.. at least the speed feels like it. Not sure if it gathers all strikes at once (like for guild hall).

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:From Dulfy:"Give bonus low level materials (bones, blood, fangs) etc sometimes when gathering"

Could have been more detailed and said gives random t1-t5 materials.I got a T6 blood, so not ONLY low level. T6 is probably a rare drop, though.

@Donari.5237 said:But oh man I love shepherds. I want the tool just for that dog. No matter what the posture is doing ;)

Same. It doesn't look QUITE so bad animated as on the still picture, but still gotta call that pooch 'Scooter.' When he tucks under like that, it looks just like when my dog used to be about to wipe on the carpet.

Definitely worth the price. All the extra loot adds up to some nice gold. Got a rare fang as well tonight. Good stuff.

@Zaxares.5419 said:Does anyone know if the tier of the node you harvest from has anything to do with it? (e.g. harvesting from Iron nodes would drop T2 mats, while Mithril nodes would be T5)

I got the vicious fang from Frost Gorge, so it does appear related. All my lowbie drops also came from low level plants. Bones, dust, etc. It may be coincidence, but that's my experience so far.

A guy on reddit did 240 potato nodes and got 53 T1 mats, 16 T2 mats, 3 T3 mats, 7 T4 mats, 8 T5 mats and 3 T6 mats, which someone else calculated as a profit of 70.5 copper per node in extra materials. (Link to the chart)

If this sounds too good to be true, the Watchwork Mining Pick gives an average of one Watchwork Sprocket per normal (not rich) ore node, and sprockets sell for 1 silver 80 copper each at the time of this writing.

I went ahead and got it. My first dog ever was a German Shepherd, I imprinted.

I've tested it at the Beetletun lettuce farm, ne Frostgorge, and the guild hall. It's not quite as fast as the sickle, in that you do have about 2 seconds of channel before you get your mats and if you move before the mats pop up in your side scroll then you don't finish the harvest. But it's faster than Unbound Magic in that you can interrupt the channel just by pressing F once the next harvest is available, so you needn't wait out the whole channel. Which then gets you overlaid dogs, if you do it on a guild hall node, one digging and one panting happily within the same spot. You do -not- get all mats in one shot from multi-nodes in the guild hall.

From the lettuce farm I got one weak blood, from five or six nodes in Frostgorge I got 1 Large Claw. Nothing extra in the guild hall in one clearing out (still on base workshop so we haven't maxed our synthesizers, thus less gathers than in a finished hall). The VB flax farm yielded 13 flax seeds, 1 bone chip, 1 shimmering dust.

I hope that helps folks decide y/n on purchase.

@Donari.5237 said:I've tested it at the Beetletun lettuce farm, ne Frostgorge, and the guild hall. It's not quite as fast as the sickle, in that you do have about 2 seconds of channel before you get your mats and if you move before the mats pop up in your side scroll then you don't finish the harvest. But it's faster than Unbound Magic in that you can interrupt the channel just by pressing F once the next harvest is available, so you needn't wait out the whole channel. Which then gets you overlaid dogs, if you do it on a guild hall node, one digging and one panting happily within the same spot. You do -not- get all mats in one shot from multi-nodes in the guild hall.

Using mine on the flax farm in Verdant Brink, I noticed that the extra items come in at the same time as the flax, and actually gets listed in the side scroll before the flax, so there's no need to wait out the whole channel.

It does not work from the shared inventory slot, so you'll want to have a regular harvesting sickle equipped on each character for quick swapping in.

Edit: I was wondering if the dog would swim, but when harvesting underwater, the animation runs as if the water isn't there.

@"evilsofa.7296" said:A guy on reddit did 240 potato nodes and got 53 T1 mats, 16 T2 mats, 3 T3 mats, 7 T4 mats, 8 T5 mats and 3 T6 mats, which someone else calculated as a profit of 70.5 copper per node in extra materials. (Link to the chart)

If this sounds too good to be true, the Watchwork Mining Pick gives an average of one Watchwork Sprocket per normal (not rich) ore node, and sprockets sell for 1 silver 80 copper each at the time of this writing.

Nice work.Are the numbers on unbound magic harvesting tools available?That is, the average value of unbound magic (based probably on those packets) calculated with the average amount gained with a single use of the tool?

~ Kovu

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Definitely worth the price. All the extra loot adds up to some nice gold. Got a rare fang as well tonight. Good stuff.

Hello there farmers,

Don't think of the doggies extra stuff in dimensions like what the watchwork mining tool gives to you as extra loot. If you are a busy farmer you really end up with a few extra gold pieces if you do it all day long thanks to the value of the watchwork sprockets. The tons of small venom sacks the dog digs out wont get you near a silver coin. Add the higher tier drops you will end up with a handsful of silver coins at the end of the day.

Its like:

watchwork mining tool - yeah!!! every 2nd swing a sprocket that sells for 2s eachSnoop Dog mining tool - after 10 or 20 swings you will receive a small venom sack that sells for very small copper coins. (Probably the smallest copper coins of the world).

The nicest extra of the dog is that he looks like the dog companion from Fallout.

With farming regards,The Farming Skritt

@Abdel Muhti.6431 said:

@"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:Definitely worth the price. All the extra loot adds up to some nice gold. Got a rare fang as well tonight. Good stuff.

Hello there farmers,

Don't think of the doggies extra stuff in dimensions like what the watchwork mining tool gives to you as extra loot. If you are a busy farmer you really end up with a few extra gold pieces if you do it all day long thanks to the value of the watchwork sprockets. The tons of small venom sacks the dog digs out wont get you near a silver coin. Add the higher tier drops you will end up with a handsful of silver coins at the end of the day.

Its like:

watchwork mining tool - yeah!!! every 2nd swing a sprocket that sells for 2s eachSnoop Dog mining tool - after 10 or 20 swings you will receive a small venom sack that sells for very small copper coins. (Probably the smallest copper coins of the world).

The nicest extra of the dog is that he looks like the dog companion from Fallout.

With farming regards,The Farming Skritt

Dog harvesting tool gets anywhere from t1-t6. However it's more likely to see t1-t5 a lot more often than t6, but it's still possible. Also this...

VxEfR8m.png

Archived