Revert Impossible Odds NERF

BeepBoopBap.2840

@Manpag.6421 said:They've given us 2 new sources of quickness though, so it's still bonus damage...

Brutality will be a niche WvW zerging trait like Dismantle Fortifications was.

The other source of quickness is Phase Traversal which was heavily nerfed (for now, Karl says it will be undone). It is also not a comparable source of quickness to old Impossible Odds (0 cast time and gives superspeed and bonus damage all in one).

True, though I expect only the out-of-range bit of Phase Traversal will be reverted, not the whole change. Quickness will stay.

IO still gives superspeed and now more bonus damage. Quickness is accessible for the bursts it was meant for, while Shiro has a slightly more sustainable skill for general bonus damage. I do see the downsides in losing quickness on tap, but since I rarely use it in favour of Jalis's Vengeful Hammers anyway, outside of gathering, I quite like the change.

@Manpag.6421 said:True, though I expect only the out-of-range bit of Phase Traversal will be reverted, not the whole change. Quickness will stay.

IO still gives superspeed and now more bonus damage. Quickness is accessible for the bursts it was meant for, while Shiro has a slightly more sustainable skill for general bonus damage. I do see the downsides in losing quickness on tap, but since I rarely use it in favour of Jalis's Vengeful Hammers anyway, outside of gathering, I quite like the change.

How is quickness accessible for bursts? Having to cast and port with Phase Traversal is hardly easy access for burst. Having to weapon swap for quickness (sigil of agility already does this for me + works on legend swap) is also just as inconvenient and can kill you by bad rotation i.e. swapping weapons before legends may make you give up cleansing/energy sigil proc.

Right now it just feels like Anet is deliberately forcing people to run inferior traits such as Song of the Mists just to obtain some access to quickness, which is a boon that Rev integrates seamlessly with; and buffing said traits just to make them seem more feasible when traits like Roiling Mists still exist. Le sigh.

Impossible odds change is good in theory as it lets pve power rev get its dps up a significant amount in raid scenarios without making the damage insane in pvp. The problem is it is just too weak in its current form. The damage proc is a very low amount and should be increased significantly so it results in an approximately 50% dps increase while active which is what quickness does. Additionally the icd is another problem in that it makes it much weaker in aoe scenarios. The Icd is probably a good thing as otherwise you can get some cheesy interactions like proccing it 7 times instantly if you pick up an ele icebow and use the 3 skill, however making the proc affect targets in a small radius aoe (kind of like the rift slash explosion) would be a good solution.

@BeepBoopBap.2840 said:

How is quickness accessible for bursts? Having to cast and port with Phase Traversal is hardly easy access for burst. Having to weapon swap for quickness (sigil of agility already does this for me + works on legend swap) is also just as inconvenient and can kill you by bad rotation i.e. swapping weapons before legends may make you give up cleansing/energy sigil proc.This.Please give us quickness on impossible odds again and tbh rev is gucci in pvp again.I don’t get why it had to be reworked anyways?

@BeepBoopBap.2840 said:

@Manpag.6421 said:True, though I expect only the out-of-range bit of Phase Traversal will be reverted, not the whole change. Quickness will stay.

How is quickness accessible for bursts? Having to cast and port with Phase Traversal is hardly easy access for burst. Having to weapon swap for quickness (sigil of agility already does this for me + works on legend swap) is also just as inconvenient and can kill you by bad rotation i.e. swapping weapons before legends may make you give up cleansing/energy sigil proc.

It made skills channel faster.

It's more of a side change than a real nerf. But the problem is a class which is struggling shouldn't be getting "sidegrades" so Rev still won't be meta.

The best thing that happened to Rev this patch didn't actually happen to Rev but to condi builds. Condi mes and Scourge got pooped on, and that at least puts Rev in a slightly better spot.

They definitely should have done more though. Kinda sad to see other classes that already have a viable meta build getting massive trait overhauls to underused specs and Rev getting only a few changes. Really contributes to the class-favoritism theory that Anet just doesn't like certain classes or can't figure out how to properly balance them so they intentionally let them sit in an obscured state.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:It's more of a side change than a real nerf.

Imppossible Odds gave us quickness, which is way more poverful than swiftness to both chase and disengage. Quickness also made the auto attacks from sword an hammer way better than the crap which replaces the skill, and that doesn't even counts that Drop the Hammer or Phase Smash cast times were highly affected by IO, increasing the chance of success. The side change brings nothing instead. Is a POS tool now.

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:You can delete a scourge in 2 sec now tho, also remove all his stab and CC lock him. They will probably nerf or change "Brutality" anyways.

True I was trying Brutality in ranked and I noticed I was deleting scourges and FBs. Idk IO change is I guess more bursty and removes our reliance on autos, but old IO auto spam was the tits at cleaving. New IO offers almost nothing for cleaving groups.

@BeepBoopBap.2840 said:

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:You can delete a scourge in 2 sec now tho, also remove all his stab and CC lock him. They will probably nerf or change "Brutality" anyways.

True I was trying Brutality in ranked and I noticed I was deleting scourges and FBs. Idk IO change is I guess more bursty and removes our reliance on autos, but old IO auto spam was the kitten at cleaving. New IO offers almost nothing for cleaving groups.

Screw groups then.I am happy for single target dps and I will starting for GS as the next expac weapon for rev so we can have a proper cleaving weapon.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:It's more of a side change than a real nerf.

Imppossible Odds gave us quickness, which is way more poverful than swiftness to both chase and disengage.

Impossible Odds used to give both quickness, which affects attack and action speed, and superspeed, which affects movement. Although it no longer grants quickness, it still grants superspeed so retains its utility as far as chasing and disengaging. In fact, it technically got better at that because of the lowered energy drain, meaning you can run after/away for longer.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:has anyone tried IO with the mace or staff? on the mace does is double up on torment or on staff double up on blind or healing orb drops? What about IO with the shortbow now that is has a dmg increase?

It doesn't; it's an extra hit from an attack skill, not a second auto-attack.

Archived