Lucky Harvest Dog posture mismatch

Plok.5873

Well......i dont own a dog, but i have seen enough dogs outside to know what this pose means......but a lucky drop is something else.....(in germany you need to pick that "loot" up and carry it away in a black plastic bag.....to throw it into public trash bins...when you dont pick it up and someone see this you could have the "luck" to pay for not picking it up.....(source: https://umwelt.bussgeldkatalog.org/hundekot/ )

I think this is an immature joke....or a really bad animation...but i think it should be changed....

@"Hibiskus.8294" said:Well......i dont own a dog, but i have seen enough dogs outside to know what this pose means......but a lucky drop is something else.....(in germany you need to pick that "loot" up and carry it away in a black plastic bag.....to throw it into public trash bins...when you dont pick it up and someone see this you could have the "luck" to pay for not picking it up.....(source: https://umwelt.bussgeldkatalog.org/hundekot/ )

I think this is an immature joke....or a really bad animation...but i think it should be changed....

Kind brings the whole American Pie - The Wedding to mind... Sean William Scott waiting for the dog to drop the prize jewel....They better not make us eat that special chocolate truffle after getting that gift though or I'm outta here! :)

@artemis.6781 said:

@Chamelion.9536 said:Posture and immaturity aside, what is the 'drop rate' and 'lucky' items one can expect to get using this 'harvesting tool'?

I read in map chat that it can give T6 mats. I don't own this so I can't confirm. But would be awesome!

Drops mats occasionally, but not all T6. In the trial run I got one T6, a few T4-T5s, and a T1.

And the animation looks more to me like the dog is thinking of scooting its butt on the carpet than actually taking a poo.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Drops mats occasionally, but not all T6. In the trial run I got one T6, a few T4-T5s, and a T1.

And the animation looks more to me like the dog is thinking of scooting its butt on the carpet than actually taking a poo.

Feedback from guildies that have bought it report that it drops random Fine crafting materials (blood, bones, fangs etc.), with T1's and T5's being reported. It looks like it has a chance to drop Fine mats of any tier. Have you any further data to share on whether or not the tier of the node you harvest from has anything to do with it? (e.g. harvesting from Iron nodes would drop T2 mats, while Mithril nodes would be T5)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Chamelion.9536 said:Posture and immaturity aside, what is the 'drop rate' and 'lucky' items one can expect to get using this 'harvesting tool'?

I read in map chat that it can give T6 mats. I don't own this so I can't confirm. But would be awesome!

Drops mats occasionally, but not all T6. In the trial run I got one T6, a few T4-T5s, and a T1.

And the animation looks more to me like the dog is thinking of scooting its butt on the carpet than actually taking a poo.Hey can I ask you how you got access to a trial account? I really been wanting to get that

@Deathok.2914 said:

And the animation looks more to me like the dog is thinking of scooting its butt on the carpet than actually taking a poo.Hey can I ask you how you got access to a trial account? I really been wanting to get that

I think @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" just meant doing a trial run of the tool: they bought it on their normal account but then ran around harvesting different types of nodes and taking note of the drops, instead of playing normally, which for most people means harvesting in between killing things and doing events that may also drop those mats then depositing the whole lot without knowing exactly where they came from.

As far as I know the only people who have access to trial accounts for this game are Anet staff.

Pathetic.

It isn't a "posture". It's a screenshot taking at the right time during the dog's animation. If you actually watch Dulfy's video, this "posture" is when the dog sits on the ground and starts to lean its head forward to set a stick on the ground for you, then raises its head back up. Dulfy's screenshot was taking in the middle of the animation where the dog lowers or raises its head. It only lasts for a frame or 2 at a time during its animation.

http://dulfy.net/2018/02/06/gw2-gemstore-lucky-dog-harvest-tool-fire-breathing-bow-quiver/

@Danikat.8537 said:

I think @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" just meant doing a trial run of the tool: they bought it on their normal account but then ran around harvesting different types of nodes and taking note of the drops, instead of playing normally, which for most people means harvesting in between killing things and doing events that may also drop those mats then depositing the whole lot without knowing exactly where they came from.

As far as I know the only people who have access to trial accounts for this game are Anet staff.

Yep that's right. I bought it then ran to try it out. Wasn't planning to buy any big-ticket items after the two last premium mount skins, and I already have unbound magic harvesting tools, but...it's a German Shepherd! A frikkin' German Sheperd!!!! My favorite dog breed in the world. Resistance was...not even tried.

At least my alts won't need to keep buying harvesting tools.

@Zaxares.5419 said:Feedback from guildies that have bought it report that it drops random Fine crafting materials (blood, bones, fangs etc.), with T1's and T5's being reported. It looks like it has a chance to drop Fine mats of any tier. Have you any further data to share on whether or not the tier of the node you harvest from has anything to do with it? (e.g. harvesting from Iron nodes would drop T2 mats, while Mithril nodes would be T5)

I used it for the Desert Foraging daily, so it was being used on flax, desert veggies, and lentils. And a low-tier lettuce patch (Queensdale? I forget where) And winterberry bushes. As I said, it was a mixed bag from a T1 tiny totem to a T6 blood. The T6 was the first, so it was on the desert map, but I have no idea if that was related.

Archived