Having extreme difficulty with getting Griffon after the expac's high...

Chorne.8195

So, I put off getting the griffon when I got PoF. I thought I'd explore and savor the story for a bit instead, do a few achievements. Well, I waited too late. By the time I moved to griffon, I was easily able to buy the required heart vendor stuff, get a few of the solo event runes, and even got the bounty by following a bounty train around for a while, but there's one thing I can't get.

Warden Jabari.

I'm serious, I've seen Emara killed twice and two times I didn't even make it to the Deadhouse. The event starts and two or three other people show up. We make it to the Deadhouse, and we can't do enough DpS to kill Jabari within the time limit.And while it's easy to get the Legendary Bounty if you find a bounty train doing it, the group event for Deadhouse is impossible to achieve at this point.It's made even worse when the Augury Rock meta event starts.

So, anyone got any advice for completing this group event? I'm stuck.

Have you tried announcing the event in map chat when it starts, and saying it's needed for the griffon? I did this one in early January and that plus someone with a commander tag got us enough people to complete the event.

Alternatively try making a LFG post for it - again tell people it's needed for the griffon. You might need to do this before the event starts so people have time to get into the map and to the right location, but it can work.

Another option is to ask your guild/s to help you. A lot of people will help guild mates with events and achievements even if they don't need it themselves, because they know they'll get help with something else later on.

I got it on my first try just a few weeks ago by calling out in map when the first event in the chain was starting, and popping my mentor tag. I'm sure you've already tried this, but make sure to also call "Griphon event" or similar.

The chain also takes a while, so it may be worth to throw up an LFG when you see it start?

Check the LFG for a group doing the event, or post a notice that you're gathering people to do it.Tag up, so people can find you.Ask in the Players Helping Players subsection of the forums for help with the event, being sure to include whether you're on NA or EU, and what time of day/week you usually play.You may need to wait until Lunar New Year is over, or at least until the shine's worn off, since a lot of people will be doing the festival events the next several days.

The PoF group events are still being done, it just takes a bit more work to find people doing them now.

@Zedek.8932 said:Excelsior.

This is not exactly what you want to hear after the wish of yours but ...... you do not have to get it. I know it can be super frustrating, but after all, the Griffon is not worth the hassle.

It will not be the las thing you will miss out, Sir.

I disagree. Of course it will vary between players but I love my griffon. It's enabled me to see the maps from an entirely new perspective (literally) and I have a lot of fun using it, even when there's no practical benefit to it. But it does also come in useful for getting across gaps quickly.

@Chorne.8195 said:So, I put off getting the griffon when I got PoF. I thought I'd explore and savor the story for a bit instead, do a few achievements. Well, I waited too late. By the time I moved to griffon, I was easily able to buy the required heart vendor stuff, get a few of the solo event runes, and even got the bounty by following a bounty train around for a while, but there's one thing I can't get.

Warden Jabari.

I'm serious, I've seen Emara killed twice and two times I didn't even make it to the Deadhouse. The event starts and two or three other people show up. We make it to the Deadhouse, and we can't do enough DpS to kill Jabari within the time limit.And while it's easy to get the Legendary Bounty if you find a bounty train doing it, the group event for Deadhouse is impossible to achieve at this point.It's made even worse when the Augury Rock meta event starts.

So, anyone got any advice for completing this group event? I'm stuck.

If you're on NA servers, I will help you with this.

Archived