The only way to get a land spear in the next expansion.

Grave.9258

Hello guys! Sometimes I come to warrior forum only to see some new elite spec ideas for warrior. Unfortunately the most of them are: "Taking spear from water and making it into a land spear" and two others like "dual wield 2h wepons" and the most ridicolous one - "great axe".

Ok so why do I think any of those are not possible? First of all A.net will not make ANY new weapon types for now because we still have plenty of them for every existing class. Even warrior still have some options for a few next expansions. So no great axe, sorry.

Next one will be dualwield 2h wepons. Don't you think it's a bit too much copy - paste from WoW? Also, it would require making these weapons into a category like main and off hand and we won't see that probably.

Last of all would be a land spear. Its the same thing as making shield main hand, it's just made to be underwater weapon and it will probably stay like that.

So, what if I tell you we can still have a land spear but instead of changing existing, water ones we could use a staff? I know, I know these do not look like a spear and it won't work BUT i remembered about one necromancer staff animation, which change staff into a scythe. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LSNIAOVHWK8/maxresdefault.jpg so if staff can be a scythe, why cant we add a blade at the end of a staff to make it a spear when we wield it as warrior? Only in combat. I know it's kinda like using magic but lets face it, none of us believe that warrior in this game do not use any magic. We throw fireballs....

So what do you guys think? Is it possible? Would you like it? Personally I still have hopes that warrior one day will become a dps class and spear could be perfect for that ;)Take care!

Don't really care about staves myself and pretending that I am using a spear instead doesn't really make it any better for me. Others were fine with greataxe-like hammer skins back when we talked about greataxes. Pretty sure they would be just as fine with spear-like staff skins or some spear-looking effect on their staves to will their roleplaying or fashion wars needs.Also, never say never. We had to wait for a defensive adrenalin for ages but we got it in the end. Bringing spears above water doesn't even seem that unlikely unless they have an underwater expansion planned or something given the time they invested into designing so many spear skins.

@Sephollos.4829 said:Why does a new elite spec need a new weapon type? They could easily just make a spec that changes the play style/skills for existing weapons (kinda like how berserk mode completely changes your burst skills, or something like the holosmith).

We still got weapons on top of all that.So yeah can we please get saved for warrior and have them not be Support orientated.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I’d rather see Warrior get Focus than Spear.

Notice how all the latest Focii they’ve added tend to look like punching weapons such as brass knuckles? Would be awesome to have a Warrior punching things like that.

I have been asking for focus before HoT, yes definitely great to have focus which looks like knuckles to begin with.

@"Grave.9258" said:Hello guys! Sometimes I come to warrior forum only to see some new elite spec ideas for warrior. Unfortunately the most of them are: "Taking spear from water and making it into a land spear" and two others like "dual wield 2h wepons" and the most ridicolous one - "great axe".

Ok so why do I think any of those are not possible? First of all A.net will not make ANY new weapon types for now because we still have plenty of them for every existing class. Even warrior still have some options for a few next expansions. So no great axe, sorry.

Next one will be dualwield 2h wepons. Don't you think it's a bit too much copy - paste from WoW? Also, it would require making these weapons into a category like main and off hand and we won't see that probably.

Last of all would be a land spear. Its the same thing as making shield main hand, it's just made to be underwater weapon and it will probably stay like that.

So, what if I tell you we can still have a land spear but instead of changing existing, water ones we could use a staff? I know, I know these do not look like a spear and it won't work BUT i remembered about one necromancer staff animation, which change staff into a scythe. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LSNIAOVHWK8/maxresdefault.jpg so if staff can be a scythe, why cant we add a blade at the end of a staff to make it a spear when we wield it as warrior? Only in combat. I know it's kinda like using magic but lets face it, none of us believe that warrior in this game do not use any magic. We throw fireballs....

So what do you guys think? Is it possible? Would you like it? Personally I still have hopes that warrior one day will become a dps class and spear could be perfect for that ;)Take care!

Will never happen.

Id be be very happy for a Staff which is likely to happen.

@"Grave.9258" said:Hello guys! Sometimes I come to warrior forum only to see some new elite spec ideas for warrior. Unfortunately the most of them are: "Taking spear from water and making it into a land spear" and two others like "dual wield 2h wepons" and the most ridicolous one - "great axe".

We have plenty of staff skin thats look like spear now, it is okay to take staff for warrior and pretend it is spear.

Archived